The JKU EVOlution

JKUx

EVO plush coils

I first want to thank the WAYALIFE community for just being there and quick to give any and all of their experience and not intentionally steer someone off-course, Eddie I thank you for your recommendations in my recent request regarding the next steps to take which helped to move forward. I sealed the deal with Northridge4x4 and let me tell you how that I'm a customer for good there; Sean called within 3 minutes of me placing the order to confirm the list and recommended the correct shock length for my EVO plush ride coils (great catch) on his part, it's been a great experience since I've become a member here and the entire process from start to final delivery with Sean over at Northridge4x4 has exceeded my expectations!👍

I want to keep track of the metamorphosis from stock to totally ROCKS and would like to share it with everyone during each stage; Cheers!🍻

Didn't even own this yet and I had no idea it was sitting in our lot at the time:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Official Jeep driver July 4th week 2013:

46k 6spd dual tops infinity system

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

1 month later:

attachment.php
attachment.php

315/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs

Pro Comp 17x9 0 offset wheels

1 inch wheel spacer for tire carrier w/daystar bumpstops

VDP stubby end caps

Teraflex BB 2.5 lift with extensions

Tinted the front windows

New pads and rotors (Adaptive 1)

Some minor tweaking right after:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Removed the X decal

Smoked all the lenses

Swapped the push in clips with stainless button head screws on the VDP stubby end caps

55 watt hid slim ballast system with relay harness

Led for license plate

Optima yellow top battery

Drake Dash Board organizer

Riddler rear diff. cover-not installed yet

Rugged Ridge Hood latches in black (to be installed in spring of 2014-can't wait!)

January 2014

Northridge4x4 order came in:

attachment.php

EVO plush ride 3 inch lift coils

Bilstein 5100 monotube shocks

RockKrawler front track bar

RockKrawler front lower control arms

RockKrawler quick-disconnects

RockKrawler rear sway bar end links

LubeLocker gasket for rear axle Riddler diff. cover

Will post up picks during install

To be continued...😉

Looks good and you will not be dis-satisfied with the EVO Plush Ride coils. I love mine. Just need to upgrade my shocks soon, well after I retire and get a real job. ;)

JKUx

Looks good and you will not be dis-satisfied with the EVO Plush Ride coils. I love mine. Just need to upgrade my shocks soon, well after I retire and get a real job. ;)

Lol, thanks for the input. Everyone loves these coils so based on that I pulled the trigger!👍

bl17z90

Where abouts on the East Coast are you? We do Rausch Creek trips every month and I'll bet that setup would do well.

JKUx

Where abouts on the East Coast are you? We do Rausch Creek trips every month and I'll bet that setup would do well.

I'm in northern NJ Morris county, I've heard and seen a lot about Rausch Creek I believe it's a 2.5-3 hr trip from where I'm at; I've plotted the course and found hotels and stuff, do you guys go night before for next morning or leave very early and drive back at the end if the day; when I'm ready I would like to go there.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm in northern NJ Morris county, I've heard and seen a lot about Rausch Creek I believe it's a 2.5-3 hr trip from where I'm at; I've plotted the course and found hotels and stuff, do you guys go night before for next morning or leave very early and drive back at the end if the day; when I'm ready I would like to go there.

people do both. i know i drive up that morning then home at night cause im just over an hour away. other that have a long drive like you will come up friday night, wheel saturday (maybe sunday as well) then leave sunday morning or night.

KPM171

People do both. Some drive Friday night and stay two nights others drive up early Saturday morning and just stay one night, and some are just there and back in the same day. In the winter months, folks generally stay at the Comfort in. In the summer months it's camping. I personally prefer not to have to drive home right after wheeling, so I stay the night Saturday night if not both nights.

JKUx

Yea; Friday night for Saturday am sounds like a plan, cross that bridge when I get there...

bl17z90

People do both. Some drive Friday night and stay two nights others drive up early Saturday morning and just stay one night, and some are just there and back in the same day. In the winter months, folks generally stay at the Comfort in. In the summer months it's camping. I personally prefer not to have to drive home right after wheeling, so I stay the night Saturday night if not both nights.

Staying Friday and Saturday is the best way to do it. Both nights are a blast beers and dogs friday, up early to wheel saturday, then dogs and ALOT of beers saturday night. Always a good time.

JKUx

Did you get everything put in yet?

Unfortunately with (kids)-work and crazy weather, I've had 0 opportunities to install, I've managed to squeeze in time on my Riddler diff cover paint prep. so that at least is ready as well...I'm itching to get it done soon hopefully very soon!
Thanks for asking though👍🍻

JKUx

So I finally had the opportunity to install some the upgrades I had purchased few month back, I removed the TF BB 2.5 kit and re-used the rear track bar frame side drop bracket - rear brake line drop brackets - front/rear bump stops.

EVO plush ride 3 inch coils
Bilstein 5100 shocks
RockKrawler front track bar - front lower control arms - quick discos and rear links.
Thanks to everyone with good honest info. After reading through a lot of threads here and Eddie's advice and write ups I was fully prepared to do this project on my own with out any issues whatsoever!!! 🍻
Before pic:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395666744.887918.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395666783.206562.jpg

After pics:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395666964.087252.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395666978.460739.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667005.662704.jpg

Stance shots for reference:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667162.100541.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667211.281298.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667243.534891.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667276.591169.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667302.785920.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667419.596595.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395667459.762143.jpg

JKUx

looks good!:thumb: how's the ride now?

Thank you🍻, like they always say
"ride is subjective"...
to be honest I really like this setup as it felt stiffer and somewhat sloppy at times with factory shocks and extensions attached, with this setup it rides smooth yet feels tighter on turns.
Soft spring/med.-firm shock seems to be a decent pair for road harshness/better handling.
I gotta do the brake lines up front as it's close to max. length when I pick it up on a lift, it's amazing how far down the axles drop fully extended, my driveshaft was close to resting on the crossover pipe mind you that it's an 08 with manual trans.
I've gained a lot from this experience and look forward to gaining more.
Now I feel confident my JKU will keep up with most in any future trail-runs, next up and hopefully soon...
EVO protek oil pan-skid, their front lower control arm weld-on skids, and their front c-gussets!
As much as I want to further enhance the looks (some subtle things) I really prefer form-function first!😉

Top Bottom