Help me spend $1000.00

Jeepmed

Opinions please.
I have a grand to spend. So.
Either Front bumper and winch. Or Aussie and Chromolly axle shafts for the D -30.

suicideking

Opinions please.
Either Front bumper and winch. Or Aussie and Chromolly axle shafts for the D -30.

Hmm. One will help you get un-stuck, the other will prevent you from getting stuck in the first place... :D

Is your rear already locked? If not, I'd lock the rear before throwing money into the D-30.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
keep saving for a pr44. almost there..
i almost have enough for my rims, money is burning a hole in my pocket. so i know the feeling..

Jkjamesdawson

A locker won't prevent you from getting stuck. It will insure that you get stuck. And when you do, you will be that much harder to rescue because you will be further down the trail than any stock vehicle can get. Buy a winch first, it's a no brainer. Buy a winch, air down your tires and wheel. You'll be surprised what you can do. your winch will be there to help you when you find your jeep's limit.

suicideking

A locker won't prevent you from getting stuck. It will insure that you get stuck. And when you do, you will be that much harder to rescue because you will be further down the trail than any stock vehicle can get. Buy a winch first, it's a no brainer. Buy a winch, air down your tires and wheel. You'll be surprised what you can do. your winch will be there to help you when you find your jeep's limit.

I completely disagree. There are many obstacles that you are not going to make it past without a locker. The winch is only necessary when you get stuck. If you wheel with others that have a strap or winch, the winch can wait. If you wheel alone, you need a winch. It depends on what you're wheeling, but most of the time a strap is all that will be needed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Opinions please.

That's a tough one. I do a lot of exploring on my own and so I probably would go with the bumper and winch. But, if you always wheel with friends and are just looking to get into the bigger rocks, a rear locker and front shafts with full circle clips are the way to go. As mentioned, it really depends on how you use your Jeep.

suicideking

That's a tough one. I do a lot of exploring on my own and so I probably would go with the bumper and winch. But, if you always wheel with friends and are just looking to get into the bigger rocks, a rear locker and front shafts with full circle clips are the way to go. As mentioned, it really depends on how you use your Jeep.

What shafts do you recommend? Do they usually come with the full circle clips? Or do the clips have to be ordered separately?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What shafts do you recommend? Do they usually come with the full circle clips? Or do the clips have to be ordered separately?

Honestly, pretty much all chromoly shafts are made in India now. Foote is the only one still made here in the USA and, while they are sold through G2, I have seen some come stamped with "Foote - Made in USA" and some not. Point being, I think you'll be okay with whatever you get. As far as full circle clips go, I'm quite sure that all chromoly shafts come with yokes that will accept full circle clips but not all are sold with them. I would call your vendor of choice and just make sure yours comes with them.

suicideking

That's a rather personal question. (Sorry, I couldn't help it)

:cheesy:

Honestly, pretty much all chromoly shafts are made in India now. Foote is the only one still made here in the USA and, while they are sold through G2, I have seen some come stamped with "Foote - Made in USA" and some not. Point being, I think you'll be okay with whatever you get. As far as full circle clips go, I'm quite sure that all chromoly shafts come with yokes that will accept full circle clips but not all are sold with them. I would call your vendor of choice and just make sure yours comes with them.

Copy that! New shafts are on my 'pre 37's' list...

Jeepmed

Good Advice. Thank You.

Top Bottom