Evo 1/4 bullbar

Jeepin it

Hey guys just showing you some pics of my new evo bullbar here in aus,I wish we could get our hands on some of the stuff you have in the states it took 3 months to get this. i had no place for the fog lights so they are front rock lights now. Will just have to run the stinger off road as there the road rules over here. Also would any one know if i need a dual battery set up to run a winch or will the one be ok?

Attachments

• image-1911179835.jpg
    image-1911179835.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-3844384591.jpg
    image-3844384591.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image-919320051.jpg
    image-919320051.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 130

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
lookin real nice there!! :thumb:

regarding your battery, you can run a winch of your factory unit but, i would highly recommend that you just get a deep cycle replacement. you don't need anything like an optima and if anything, i would recommend against it. a dual setup is not necessary.

Yeti-09

Nice! I love my Evo bumper with stinger. So you have to take it on and off all the time because of the laws down under?? wow that sucks. I know how much of a pain it was to line all those plates up with the bumper and stinger, I am not looking forward to having to do it again! Ill agree with Eddie on the battery issue. I ran the stocker on mine with a winch for a while with no issues. But then started adding lights and other power needed toys. So I just picked up a new one from Sears, works great now!! Good luck

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Looks nice! I still keep thinking about selling my LoD Signiture Series shorty from bumper w/stinger to pick up this Evo bumper w/stinger.

Jeepin it

Thanks guys yeah there are to many laws here for 4x4 owner, any lift is banned, and size tire bigger then stock, but it really comes down to the cop you get ive been let off driving a toyota hilux on 33s and 4 inch lift. Ill run with the stinger for now see how i go : ) thanks for the info about the winch. Here are a few morw pics.

Attachments

• image-113535989.jpg
    image-113535989.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2398280659.jpg
    image-2398280659.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image-4132617705.jpg
    image-4132617705.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 105

Chairokey

Jeepin it said:
Thanks guys yeah there are to many laws here for 4x4 owner, any lift is banned, and size tire bigger then stock, but it really comes down to the cop you get ive been let off driving a toyota hilux on 33s and 4 inch lift. Ill run with the stinger for now see how i go : ) thanks for the info about the winch. Here are a few morw pics.

Wow that's just ridiculous.. I wonder how that law came to be..

Jeepin it

Chairokey said:
Wow that's just ridiculous.. I wonder how that law came to be..

Yeah some of the things are hard to work around such as all wheels must be in or coverd by the wheel arch, no v8s or turbos for the first 4 years of your licence. And yet i dont think there are to many deaths or if any because of a lifted 4x4. And iam not sure what you pay over there for a jk but you are looking at $46000 au for the basic model.

StrizzyChris

Yeah some of the things are hard to work around such as all wheels must be in or coverd by the wheel arch, no v8s or turbos for the first 4 years of your licence. And yet i dont think there are to many deaths or if any because of a lifted 4x4. And iam not sure what you pay over there for a jk but you are looking at $46000 au for the basic model.

base model is approx 26,000+/- US

MTG

Caught the Bug
Jeepin it said:

For how much of a pain the stinger is to mount I can't imagine taking it on and off to offroad. But I guess you do what you got tot do.

Jeepin it

Yeah you are right it is a big job .plan is to run with it till or if i get told not to have it then only run it for long weekend trips away.

Marcel

This isn't true. There are certainly many limitations in Australia, however in most states you are allowed lifted vehicles up to a certain amount (usually 2inches larger than stock however it may be dependent on what state). Same with tyre size (2 inches). Anything larger and you are supporsed to get an engineers report and get it certified by the state transport dept.

No go on stingers though! :grayno:

Jeepin it

Marcel said:
This isn't true. There are certainly many limitations in Australia, however in most states you are allowed lifted vehicles up to a certain amount (usually 2inches larger than stock however it may be dependent on what state). Same with tyre size (2 inches). Anything larger and you are supporsed to get an engineers report and get it certified by the state transport dept.

No go on stingers though! :grayno:

What state are you in? In nsw you can not drive a v8 or turbo untill you have your fulls, insurance companys dont normaly cover lift kits and if they do you have to pay alot more for it. 2 inch lift is nothing really compared to what you can do in the states.

Prime8

Jeepin it said:
What state are you in? In nsw you can not drive a v8 or turbo untill you have your fulls, insurance companys dont normaly cover lift kits and if they do you have to pay alot more for it. 2 inch lift is nothing really compared to what you can do in the states.

Haha, its not like people in the states tell their insurance company the vehicle is lifted anyways. I have a reasonable agent, and he said I could either just get insurance for the vehicle, for a reasonable price, and be out all of my mods if I damage them in a wreck. Or I could insure the entire vehicle, mods and all, and pay through the nose. I opted for the first choice.

Top Bottom