Warn powerplant hd on stock JK bumper

RamP

Is there such a thing? I noticed the Warn factory bumper winch plate is only for the M8274-50 model only. I'm looking to mount it on my stock bumper on a 2013 and see if I can avoid getting a new bumper just yet.
Thanks

Benny

PN 88140 '12 Wrangler JK (Includes Rubicon & Unlimited). For use with factory front bumper; Accepts all mid-frame WARN winches up to 12k lbs.

Attachments

• AEV lift pics 006 (1024x765).jpg
    AEV lift pics 006 (1024x765).jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 251

jeffd

rockhard 4X4 should work about $140 or so.
IMG_20131109_102358_395_zps852d2254.jpg

RamP

We'll see. I'm sure it'll block half the windshield. Lol
I do see an aftermarket bumper in the future.

bl17z90

You may want to just bit the bullet now then rather than spend $150 on a winch plate that you will be replacing with a new front bumper.

jeffd

You may want to just bit the bullet now then rather than spend $150 on a winch plate that you will be replacing with a new front bumper.

I agree. I pumped money in my front stock bumper with winch plate/end caps and skid plate and now getting a new bumper ends up costing me even more. I know I could sell both the skid plate and winch plate but you still loose about 50%. Saves money in the long run getting what you really want.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
x3 on just getting an aftermarket bumper now. no need to spend the money on a winch plate when you know you will upgrade to an aftermarket sooner rather than later

FireWire79

Could you cut down that rockhard late to fit between those raised spots on the bumper? It looks like there is a gap between the plate and the bumper.

jeffd

Could you cut down that rockhard late to fit between those raised spots on the bumper? It looks like there is a gap between the plate and the bumper.

not really without doing a lot of fab work. the heart of the rockhard mounting is down below where it mounts inside the frame. it mounts very solid inside the frame and also uses the factory hooks for support. I have used it pulling a jku up hill and also stuck in snow and it does not move one iota.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
just throwing this out there, northridge has 10% off on bumpers. save up and get what you really want. waiting is the best thing sometimes. good luck on your decision!

bl17z90

Theres also the crazy idea of not mou ting your shiney new winch until you are ready to buy your new bumper. I know its really tempting but if you roll with us you won't need it right away.

Sent from my phone?

RamP

You guys are making a lot of sense. It would be hard not to mount it up though.
Actually just received an email from Dave at Nothridge. Emailed me back within minutes too.
Recommended the Rockhard as the easiest way to go.

jeffd

You guys are making a lot of sense. It would be hard not to mount it up though.
Actually just received an email from Dave at Nothridge. Emailed me back within minutes too.
Recommended the Rockhard as the easiest way to go.

I can attest that it is easy to mount and extremely solid. I guess there are worse things then having a stock bumper:) you will need to get bolts that are 1/4" longer then what is suppled by Rockhard. They come with grade 5 bolts that are too short as they only catch a couple threads. I used grade 8's that were 1/4" longer just to feel better.

Benny

Holy crap that thing is huge! I thought the Zeon hogged up alot of the radiator. Keep your eye on that temp guage in the summer. I'm not having any overheating issues with the zeon up there but I have a little more grill showing.

Top Bottom