noises from an expensive place to work on..

enjoylife

i have noises coming from my transmission i would say..it all shifts perfectly but again..sounds like loose gears like it all just has room to move but still operate. it is a 2006 jeep rubicon with a 5speed. what should i expect this to be? i would like to say bearings..but i know it is a matter of tearing things apart. this jeep has been offroaded its whole life. i assume it is from the aggression of being offloaded on all 20,000 miles that it has.. just looking to see what others have experienced with their transmissions and what i should expect to spend on this journey of someone else getting into this beast!

Moochie

i have noises coming from my transmission i would say..it all shifts perfectly but again..sounds like loose gears like it all just has room to move but still operate. it is a 2006 jeep rubicon with a 5speed. what should i expect this to be? i would like to say bearings..but i know it is a matter of tearing things apart. this jeep has been offroaded its whole life. i assume it is from the aggression of being offloaded on all 20,000 miles that it has.. just looking to see what others have experienced with their transmissions and what i should expect to spend on this journey of someone else getting into this beast!

Your Jeep is still a youngster at only 20,000 miles. Unless you meant 200,000.

enjoylife

20,000 but all trail miles from the owner before me. it has taken a beating and just needs some tlc to at least sound presentable and not look at the passenger telling them that the transmission is still alive and well with sounding like a loose pocket of change

rubiRI77

Not sure on the manual tranny, but had to have the 32RH 3 speed auto rebuilt in my '99, and it ran me $1200 :grayno:

enjoylife

im not sure which speed my jeep is...06 rubicon and the reverse is in the 6th gear spot. i forgot since I haven't driven the jeep in so long working on it:l

Top Bottom