Riddler Dana 44 Cover Fluid capacity??

JKUx

I'm getting ready to install the cover and the question I have is how much fluid do I add so that it is not under or overfilled.
Stock spec. is 4.75Pt (2.25L)...

txjeeplover

Thank you, I read this link awhile back but I'm looking to see with larger capacity diff cover will I do a disservice keeping with factory fill capacity...

Due to the larger capacity, you will now be low on fluid and dry out your bearings if you maintain the factory fill amount. Much like if you install a deeper transmission or oil pan, you must adhere to the factory level not amount. This will mean adding more fluid to reach that level due to the increase in storage capacity.

After I installed my Riddler covers, I created a dipstick to make sure that the fluid was level with the bearings. The amount was slightly greater, but still level with the bearings once done properly. Keep in mind that if you fill all the way up to the Riddler fill port, you will clearly have far too much fluid, the the excess will seep through your seals, and flow out through your vent tubes.

JKUx

Due to the larger capacity, you will now be low on fluid and dry out your bearings if you maintain the factory fill amount. Much like if you install a deeper transmission or oil pan, you must adhere to the factory level not amount. This will mean adding more fluid to reach that level due to the increase in storage capacity.

After I installed my Riddler covers, I created a dipstick to make sure that the fluid was level with the bearings. The amount was slightly greater, but still level with the bearings once done properly. Keep in mind that if you fill all the way up to the Riddler fill port, you will clearly have far too much fluid, the the excess will seep through your seals, and flow out through your vent tubes.

That's exactly why I started this thread to see anyone else has this cover, I appreciate your support!👍

bnatt78

I have the diff covers that you asked about and when filling if I remember right? I think? I am not to sure. I had a friend help me and we put the amount that you would have with a stock diff cover. Like I said," I am not to sure." If I remember those diff covers can hold more fluid then what is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the fill hole on the cover is just higher - this will allow you the option of adding more fluid. The amount of fluid you need to add is the same as stock. This will have the fluid sitting at or just above the base of your axle tubes.

JKUx

As mentioned, the fill hole on the cover is just higher - this will allow you the option of adding more fluid. The amount of fluid you need to add is the same as stock. This will have the fluid sitting at or just above the base of your axle tubes.

Thank you for the info. I went on to Riddlermfg.com and there were no contact numbers or specs. so it was concerning to me if I would have the correct amount in there.

Always a pleasure Eddie!🍺

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the info. I went on to Riddlermfg.com and there were no contact numbers or specs. so it was concerning to me if I would have the correct amount in there.

Always a pleasure Eddie!

If you want to make sure you have enough, just fashion a dip stick out of a zip tie and make sure the fluid level is sitting at about the base of the axle tubes - maybe a tad higher to account for the thickness of the tubes. You just want to make sure there's enough to reach and keep the bearings lubed.

JKUx

If you want to make sure you have enough, just fashion a dip stick out of a zip tie and make sure the fluid level is sitting at about the base of the axle tubes - maybe a tad higher to account for the thickness of the tubes. You just want to make sure there's enough to reach and keep the bearings lubed.

Will do...Now this should help any future members, I'll post accordingly with pics Thank You!👍

JKUx

So I'll also be using a lube locker gasket and I'm looking to replace the supplied -grade 5 - bolts with -grade 8- however I wanted a stainless button head or hex bolt equivalent but I hit a roadblock on this one, any suggestions on a non-corroding bolt?

Army_Vet

Banned
So I'll also be using a lube locker gasket and I'm looking to replace the supplied -grade 5 - bolts with -grade 8- however I wanted a stainless button head or hex bolt equivalent but I hit a roadblock on this one, any suggestions on a non-corroding bolt?

check your local fastenall they will have what you want

Top Bottom