Oil pressure question

Cpyrd

I just did the first oil change on my 2014 jku. 3.6l auto. Upon startup my oil pressure was at 90. I was expecting around 40. Oil level is normal. However after driving a few miles the oil pressure drops to 40 psi. Is this normal?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I've checked mine a few times while I was cruising along at 40-50mph. Its always below 40 from what I can remember. I'll let you know what it is on my drive home.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

mtnbiker995

I just did the first oil change on my 2014 jku. 3.6l auto. Upon startup my oil pressure was at 90. I was expecting around 40. Oil level is normal. However after driving a few miles the oil pressure drops to 40 psi. Is this normal?

Yea that's normal, once the oil gets warmed up it flows easier and the oil pressure will drop to around 40.

How cold is it where you are at? The colder it is the higher your initial pressure will be

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cpyrd

Thanks for the replies. Never had the pressure that high in my truck. It's 17 degrees here today.
Jeep seems to be fine. I thought it had to do with initial startup. Just wanted to verify.

Last edited:

nicholsmf

My 3.8 is similar. At startup it's around 70 to 80 then after warmup it's around 40 at idle.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Checked within the first minute of driving and it was at 88. Then it went back down to 38 when I checked it 5 minutes later.

BTW I also have a 2014 3.6L auto.

Top Bottom