Just annoyed and confused...need advice!!!

I'm getting burned out looking for my next $1500 or so to spend on my Jeep.

Ok...I'm getting a new rear bumper/tire carrier. I'm definitely going with the single-action integrated tailgate/tire swing.

I'm looking for pictures and opinions. It looks like LoD, Poison Spyder, ACE and ARB are contenders, but I'm not dropping the cash without consulting the masses!

Any and all pics, opinions and advice are welcome! You folks always seem to have your heads on straight with stuff like this...help me spend my money!

Thanks,

Jeepster Chris
...sitting in my Tardis using WAYALIFE time/space app

Chris,
I was in the same boat about a year ago. I went with the LoD front and rear bumper with the gen III tire carrier. I love the look and ease of installation. I think there were only two holes to drill on the back. May I suggest before ordering make sure you have a winch in mind. I did not and had to drill the mount holes for the Waren Zeon winch. Had I know that was the winch I was going with LoD would have pre drilled the holes for me.

I know Eddie has run the LoD bumpers before going with EVO 1/4 pounder and recovery rings.

I will try and get pics in the morning.

Sent from my fRuit device using WAYALIFE mobile app

RamP

Out of the ones on your list I would go with LOD or ACE. The Ace will be less expensive if you don't get the led light option. And the LOD has a high lift mount. Both offer one handed opening and closing.

Yeah...I think I'm leaning towards the LoD. I'm kinda hoping they have one in stock so I don't have to wait a month. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Jeepster Chris

davantalus

Ace is the cheapest without bells and whistles with the best install video. Poison Spyder is really pretty and fits the largest tire. LOD is the lightest but has the longest name.

ACE - "JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier"
  • 190 pounds
  • $885 mfg website
  • 37"

PS - "JK RockBrawler™ II Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier"
  • 136 pounds
  • $1480 mfg website
  • 39"

LOD - "Jeep JK Door Linked Signature Series Shorty Rear Bumper with the Generation 3 Tire Carrier System"
  • 120 pounds
  • $1100 mfg website
  • 37"

Couldn't find anything on arb's website about having an integrated bumper/carrier. I'll update if you can link to it.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I know we weren't mentioned in the original post but ours comes in at a VERY competitive price.
Made in the USA too.
You can add an LED 3rd brake light of a little more, BTW.
Good luck in your hunt!

DSC07366.jpg

DSC04101_zpsac2a1d93.jpeg

funfred

According to your "rig" profile, you have an ARB rear bumper and 33" tires.
For $1500, I'd get lockers or TrueTracs. Yeah, you can't see 'em but they'll take you to places you ain't seen before.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I have the Ace rear with tire carrier and really like it. Biggest drawback was waiting for it to be made. I think from the time I ordered till it came was almost 10 weeks. Also they advertise at 800 or so but shipping pushes it up to about 1k if I remember correctly.

I got the rigid lights with it and will take some pics if you want to see what it looks like installed.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I shopped everything and ended up going with the PureJeep rear bumper/tire carrier combo. It has the best lines, operates flawlessly, built like a brick shithouse, and has never gave me one reason to regret buying it. In my opinion the best bumper/carrier combo out there. It all opens as one unit.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Sorry to highjack but I really like seeing a manufacturer chime in!

Back on topic however, I will more than likely go with LOD, amazing customer service, great styling, function, and lower weight. The Rancho is just missing some of the styling I personally like of the LOD.

kmrtnsn

I went a different direction before hearing about it but am very impressed with the engineering of the soon to be on the shelves tire carrier from Maximus-3. The fit and finish of their other products is first rate.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I went a different direction before hearing about it but am very impressed with the engineering of the soon to be on the shelves tire carrier from Maximus-3. The fit and finish of their other products is first rate.

not a real "bumper" isn't it just a hinged carrier? it does look nice

13gecko

You prob already counted the rockhard bumpers out but I like mine after I installed it right :D thanks to Eddie it works flawless

Attachments

• 1390242731158.jpg
    1390242731158.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 165

jeeeep

Hooked

Do you already have the carrier? Their website shows a prototype but no other info

According to your "rig" profile, you have an ARB rear bumper and 33" tires.
For $1500, I'd get lockers or TrueTracs. Yeah, you can't see 'em but they'll take you to places you ain't seen before.

I just upgraded to 35" tires, and I love the ARB bumper...I just got off the phone with ARB (they are just down the highway from me) and it looks like I'll be getting their next generation rear bumper. It's in production and should be in my hands before summer.

As for lockers, I just picked up new gears and Zip (air) locker from Yukon gear about 1/2 hour ago! :)

Jeepster Chris

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You prob already counted the rockhard bumpers out but I like mine after I installed it right :D thanks to Eddie it works flawless

LOL!! I should note that the tip I gave you pretty much applies to any aftermarket bumper tire carrier too :yup:

Top Bottom