DIY Replacement Fog Lights - Any Square LEDs

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So I bought another set of Pods from a friend for replacement fog lights. Here's what you'll need to mount them as fog light replacements:

Tools:
Flathead screwdriver
Philips-head screwdriver
Dremel
Socket wrench
7/16 long socket - small nuts mounting Fogs to bumper
3/8 socket - bolts mounting lights to fabbed brackets
3/8 wrench

Additional materials:
1/4 - 1inch Bolts x4
1/4 - nuts x4
1/4 - washers x4

First things first...take the stock fogs out by removing the 4 nuts (8 total) per fog. Using the Philips-head screwdriver, remove the spring/screw used normally for adjusting the fog. Now take your Flathead screwdriver and pop off the mounting plastic piece. You should be at this point
Start.jpg

Once both sides are off, take the circular plastic mount and use the dremel to cut it into two separate pieces per LED light. You should be here now
Step 2.jpg
Step 2 View 2.jpg

I accidentally broke off one of the little plastic pieces on the drivers side mount. I was still able to mount it with 3 nuts so it's fine...but try to save yours if possible lol

From here you should start placing the 1/4 - 1" bolts through the sides for the mount into the 1/4 nuts. I tried using the locking nuts but they were too big. I had to force the 1/4 nuts in place with a small tool because they wouldn't naturally fall into place like the smaller nuts that come with the Cubes do. This is the only real problem I had to fight with through this whole DIY.
Step 3.jpg
Step 3 View 3.jpg
Step 3 View 2.jpg
Step 3 Tool.jpg

Once the plastic pieces are bolted on, adjust the tightness of the bolt so that you can mount the lights in the stock location (or in my case, the stock location of the Rough Country Suspension front bumper)
Step 4 View 2.jpg
Step 4.jpg

Once you've done this, adjust the bolts on the sides of the Cubes so they're pretty tight. Use regular wrenches since the fit is tight. This will help keep the nuts from loosening up/falling off. I didn't use lock-tight because I might be going a different route with these in the near future lol

Any-who, you should be done now! Just do the wiring (I ran out of time before the Broncos/Patriots game so I'll be doing the wiring tomorrow or sometime this week)...the simplest way to wire them is to splice it into the stock fog light harness. Just a positive and a negative wire in there. I'd like to find a male/female connector for just a positive/negative connection to make it easy to disconnect them whenever I want but yeah, we'll see what I'm able to find/do :D
Done.jpg

I hope this helped some! It's a hell of a lot better to buy less than $2 worth of nuts & bolts than it is to buy $90+ brackets from Rigid Industries lol

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone! I got it wired up and they work great. Pics below.

Only took me about an hour to do all the cutting and mounting but I had to make a run to Lowe's for the bolts/washers I needed so that prolonged it some.

Pics:
No Lights.jpg
^ No Lights
LED Fog Lights Only.jpg
^ LED Fogs Only
Headlights Only.jpg
^ Headlights Only
Headlights and LED Fogs On.jpg
^ Headlights and LED Fogs

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Really is crazy how dim factory headlights are!

Yup...I have to admit though, the crappy iPhone 4 camera makes them look dimmer. They're barely brighter than that picture but not by much lol I plan on buying the ARB IPF headlights soon but I'm getting an sPOD and more lights next :D Lol it's an addiciton...I NEED more lights!!!!!

Top Bottom