Daystar A-pilllar pod on 2013?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned above you need the 11-14 switch mount. Ruggid ridge has one and that's what I have
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390221921.148995.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

ScottC

I just went back and forth with Northridge about this very same topic last week. Cozdude is correct; get the Rugged Ridge A-pillar switch. It comes with or without switches, too. If you want the one pictured, it is part number RGR17235.58. Don't forget to enter "Wayalife" I'm the coupon code for 10% off of the price and free shipping.

Anyone running this pillar with a sport cage? been wondering what that would be like if possible at all would be a waste to install the switches then toss it out if a cage was needed

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Anyone running this pillar with a sport cage? been wondering what that would be like if possible at all would be a waste to install the switches then toss it out if a cage was needed

Won't work with a sport cage.

Here is the panel in a 2008. Looks factory.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385959685.357866.jpg

Hack12

Won't work with a sport cage.

Here is the panel in a 2008. Looks factory.
View attachment 65314

I have the same RR pillar mount with the RR switches. They are okay, but I've always wanted labeled switches exactly like yours. What brand are those? Do they stay lit continuously with your dash lights, or are you just showing them engaged?

onebuilder

Can you guys tell me what wire (location and color) to splice into for the dash lights? Hoping to find the wire that also dims with the rest of the dash. Thanks!

JKFlyer

I have the same RR pillar mount with the RR switches. They are okay, but I've always wanted labeled switches exactly like yours. What brand are those? Do they stay lit continuously with your dash lights, or are you just showing them engaged?

depends on what kind of back switch you have. i just bought 12 covers. driver side a pillar, passenger side, and shifter area. they will do text and images any way you want. during day for mine, just see it liek white writing. at night, it ligths up the amber color of bulb. covers are about 5 each. i didnt want to spend another 12 x 10 for new switches themselves but sharkey are neat. i tried painting the bulb but it didnt change the color
go to

www.otrattw.com

Hack12

depends on what kind of back switch you have. i just bought 12 covers. driver side a pillar, passenger side, and shifter area. they will do text and images any way you want. during day for mine, just see it liek white writing. at night, it ligths up the amber color of bulb. covers are about 5 each. i didnt want to spend another 12 x 10 for new switches themselves but sharkey are neat. i tried painting the bulb but it didnt change the color
go to

www.otrattw.com

Sweet! Thanks a bunch bro. That was my next question, if I could just buy the $5 covers for my existing RR switches?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yep, the switches in my pic are from OTRATTW. I installed them in a buddy's Jeep (look for the "Building of Meanst" thread if you want to check out the build). The lettering stays on with the interior dash lighting and dims with the dash lighting. The pictures come on when the switch is activated.

JKFlyer

Sweet! Thanks a bunch bro. That was my next question, if I could just buy the $5 covers for my existing RR switches?

i have daystar rockers and when you order custome ones (called Contura v), they do need to be sanded down with a dremel on teh sides otherwise it's tight (like a virgin)

Hack12

I've never really worked with switches before. How difficult would it be to just purchase the tops for $5 each and switch them with my RR switch top? Is that even possible, and if so, will I need to take the pillar mount apart to accomplish it?

JKFlyer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390258830142.jpg
    1390258830142.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1390258838477.jpg
    1390258838477.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 1390258848920.jpg
    1390258848920.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 69

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Pulling the tops is quite easy and should not require you to take the panel off. Hard to explain in words, but the covers just basically snap on at the point that the switch rocks back and forth (I hope that makes sense). Go to OTRATTW and look at some of the pics of the rocker bodies. You should be able to see what I am talking about.

You shouldn't have to use very much force to get the cover off.

Hack12

Pulling the tops is quite easy and should not require you to take the panel off. Hard to explain in words, but the covers just basically snap on at the point that the switch rocks back and forth (I hope that makes sense). Go to OTRATTW and look at some of the pics of the rocker bodies. You should be able to see what I am talking about.

You shouldn't have to use very much force to get the cover off.

Yep, I totally understand what you mean. Thanks for the help. Being that easy, I'm grabbing a few of these right now. Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Can you guys tell me what wire (location and color) to splice into for the dash lights? Hoping to find the wire that also dims with the rest of the dash. Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't tapped the dimmer on a 2010+ interior. Pre-2010, I tapped a dimmer wire going to the hot/cold dial for the heater/air. It's been a while, but I believe it was either a brown wire with an orange stripe or an orange wire with a brown stripe.

Hopefully someone will chime in with an answer for the 2010+ interior.

Top Bottom