BBailey's build thread

bbailey

Banned
Pick up my new to me 2012 JKUR in about three hours. Fully loaded white Rubicon, auto, leather, nav. She's got a 3" teraflex lift and a shittybuilt, errr Smittybuilt front bumper and winch installed.

Will be rebuilding from ground up and will likely have some parts for sale over the next month or so. Front leather seats, AEV lift from my 2009 (teraflex lift going on the 2009). Front bumper and the wheels/tires. Possibly some other stuff.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390245404.753658.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390245421.006211.jpg

I'll detail the build tomorrow and should start ordering parts by the end of the week. Let's hope everything's in stock.

bbailey

Banned
Large parts order sent in today to Northridge 4x4, Rokmen, and a few others...

ATX Slabs
37x13.5r17 Nitto Mud Grapplers
M.O.R.E. Dual Battery Tray (already have a wiring kit ready to go)
Warn Zeon 10s Winch
EVO 1/4 Pounder w/ Stinger & Fairlead (going to get some custom work done to fit the Zeon Winch)
JE Reel Front and Rear Driveshafts
EVO Axle Gussets
EVO Control Arm Skids
Rokmen Upper and Lower Control Arms
OR Fab Rear Tire & Rotopax Carrier
OR Fab Rear Quarter Panel Armor
EVO Sliders
EVO Rock Guards
EVO Rear D-Ring Mounts
Rigid Dually D2's - Driving Pattern
EVO Bolt-on Coil-Overs Front and Rear (Debating changing the rear order to the EVO-Lever but haven't decided yet)
EVO King Front AirStops
ARB LED Spot Lights
Trucklite Headlights
Magnaflow Off Road Pro Searies Exhaust
Rock Hard JK Sport Cage
AEV Snorkel and Vented Hood
ARB On-Board Twin Air Compressor
Garrett Overland Rear Interior Basket
Garret Overland Switch, Relay, & Fuse Kit (with OTRATTW Switches)
Garrett Overland Limb Risers
Garrett Overland Stubby Rear Bumper

Going to stick with the Teraflex adjustable front Track Bar and Rear Track Bar brackets for now and see how they perform. Most likely replace those with Currie parts at some point (or when I break the Teraflex parts).

Once I find a decent deal on a Freedom Top, I'll order a Gobi Rack and Rigid LED's (2 10 inch Driving pattern and a 20 inch Spot pattern in the middle).

Pro Rock 60's will be in the cards once the stock D44's go bye-bye.

To everyone that's said the Teraflex springs are stiff, I believe you. Having spent a day with their 3 inch lift kit, I can say that they make a JKUR ride like an unladen one ton pick-up. I cannot wait to remove them.

pvanweelden

Holy cow! That's a heck of an order! I bet you can't wait for stuff to start showing up! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

bbailey

Banned
Holy cow! That's a heck of an order! I bet you can't wait for stuff to start showing up! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sadly, I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a while for some of it. Should have some shipping estimates on at least a portion of the parts early next week. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait.

I know when I ordered the 1/4 Pounder, Sliders, and Rock Guards for my 2009, it was 6 to 8 weeks, fingers crossed it won't be that long this time.

Armydog

Help: Limb risers?????

Large parts order sent in today to Northridge 4x4, Rokmen, and a few others...

ATX Slabs
37x13.5r17 Nitto Mud Grapplers
M.O.R.E. Dual Battery Tray (already have a wiring kit ready to go)
Warn Zeon 10s Winch
EVO 1/4 Pounder w/ Stinger & Fairlead (going to get some custom work done to fit the Zeon Winch)
JE Reel Front and Rear Driveshafts
EVO Axle Gussets
EVO Control Arm Skids
Rokmen Upper and Lower Control Arms
OR Fab Rear Tire & Rotopax Carrier
OR Fab Rear Quarter Panel Armor
EVO Sliders
EVO Rock Guards
EVO Rear D-Ring Mounts
Rigid Dually D2's - Driving Pattern
EVO Bolt-on Coil-Overs Front and Rear (Debating changing the rear order to the EVO-Lever but haven't decided yet)
EVO King Front AirStops
ARB LED Spot Lights
Trucklite Headlights
Magnaflow Off Road Pro Searies Exhaust
Rock Hard JK Sport Cage
AEV Snorkel and Vented Hood
ARB On-Board Twin Air Compressor
Garrett Overland Rear Interior Basket
Garret Overland Switch, Relay, & Fuse Kit (with OTRATTW Switches)
Garrett Overland Limb Risers
Garrett Overland Stubby Rear Bumper

Going to stick with the Teraflex adjustable front Track Bar and Rear Track Bar brackets for now and see how they perform. Most likely replace those with Currie parts at some point (or when I break the Teraflex parts).

Once I find a decent deal on a Freedom Top, I'll order a Gobi Rack and Rigid LED's (2 10 inch Driving pattern and a 20 inch Spot pattern in the middle).

Pro Rock 60's will be in the cards once the stock D44's go bye-bye.

To everyone that's said the Teraflex springs are stiff, I believe you. Having spent a day with their 3 inch lift kit, I can say that they make a JKUR ride like an unladen one ton pick-up. I cannot wait to remove them.

Dude, sounds freeking awesome--- QUESTION, where are you getting the "Overland Limb Risers" from? I googled them and get nothing.... save me some work and point me in the right direction... THANKS MAN.

Armydog

Bump>>>> limb riser search

Dude, sounds freeking awesome--- QUESTION, where are you getting the "Overland Limb Risers" from? I googled them and get nothing.... save me some work and point me in the right direction... THANKS MAN.

No google results for GARRETT OVERLAND either........ Dude help me please

bbailey

Banned
No google results for GARRETT OVERLAND either........ Dude help me please

It's a small custom shop in DFW that is in the process of moving to a more retail customer base. From what I've been told, the limb risers should be ready to go in 4 to 6 weeks (I'm getting the first non-beta test set). I've got their contact info at my house, will Ping you with it this afternoon when I get home.

Armydog

It's a small custom shop in DFW that is in the process of moving to a more retail customer base. From what I've been told, the limb risers should be ready to go in 4 to 6 weeks (I'm getting the first non-beta test set). I've got their contact info at my house, will Ping you with it this afternoon when I get home.

Appreciate it...... Tango Yankee!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Holy hell that's an amazing list!!! Wish I could place an order like that. You will love the mud grapplers and the OR Fab carrier. Both are amazing. Also the twin compressor is great as well

Sent from my iPhone

JKWrang

Also. Any openings at your job? I want in. Seriously, that's a huge order, looking forward to see the parts go on!!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

13gecko

Also. Any openings at your job? I want in. Seriously, that's a huge order, looking forward to see the parts go on!!

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Hahaha ya that!! I'll work for half of what you make. Or there is always adoption:D

bbailey

Banned
Holy hell that's an amazing list!!! Wish I could place an order like that. You will love the mud grapplers and the OR Fab carrier. Both are amazing. Also the twin compressor is great as well

Sent from my iPhone

I've got the OR Fab on my 2009, it's very well designed and built like a tank, as is the 1/4 Pounder and Stinger from EVO.

In fact, my 2009 was in the middle of a 5 car pile-up with 3 totaled vehicles about 3 months ago. Ford Explorer hit a Chevy Silverado, which hit my 2009 JKU which hit a Ford F150 which hit a Honda Accord. The Explorer, Silverado, and F150 were all totaled (and the Silverado and F150 were both less than 6 months old). The Silverado's rear was crushed by the impact of the Explorer and it's front was demolished by the spare on my JKU (no damage to the rear of the JKU other than having to replace the T-handle on the tire carrier). The EVO stinger on the JKU then punched a hole in the tailgate of the F150 (again, no damage other than about a 10 degree bend in the stinger from the impact) which was driven into the Accord.

Son was driving when the wreck occurred. He actually drove home to the shock of the officer writing up the accident who had figured the Jeep had to be a mess in the middle of those two trucks. Afterwards my wife actually thanked me for building the Jeep the way I did and gave me free reign to build any future Jeeps as I saw fit.

Have no doubt a lesser tire carrier or front bumper and I'd have been looking at significant damage to my 2009.

Armydog

Hey brother, any chance you found the contact info off the limb risers?

Armydog

Offroad Element makes a set (M8 Stealth Limb Riser) and River Raider also makes a set.

The element is for JK only. I run a TJ but I spoke to a guy there and he said in the next month or so they are going to offer a TJ set up

Raider has riser for the TJ. Anyone have or seen these?

bbailey

Banned
Hate to tell you but you only had to spend $250.00 for free shipping from Northridge

And if you can figure out how I can buy all the parts to build this Jeep for $250, I'm all ears.

Did actually add the Poison Spyder LED Mount to the kit. Decided to go ahead and start working on the mounting bracket to handle the 3 LED spread I want above the windshield as I think I might decide to hold onto the soft top. It's growing on me even though its freezing in DFW this winter.

The GO Limb Risers are still in the works. He's trying to figure out a way to mount the top bracket without having to rivet something permanently to the windshield frame as most of the other brands require presently. Lower mount is easy as you simply use the hood latch location. I'll have some pictures to post up once he gets the initial prototype in a position to install and test.

First impressions of the 2012 (on 35's) versus my 2009 (4.10's on 37's), the 2009 gets marginally better gas mileage at this point (likely due to the high gearing in the 2012 (wasn't worried about this because I am planning to go to 4.88's or 5.12's very soon) and the slightly higher stance of the 2012 (35's with a 3 inch spring lift sits an inch higher than 37's with a 1.5 inch puck lift). However, I'd trade that slightly degradation in gas mileage for the added power of the 2012 any day of the week. It's nice to be able to pull out and pass an 18 wheeler on the interstate with zero effort. Can't wait to get some decent wheels tires and get this thing on the trails (it's got some crappy mall crawler wheels presently and Nitto Desert Grapplers, which might be great in the sand, but suck on snow, in the wet, and just about everywhere else I've driven them so far, definitely doesn't match my prior experience with Nitto's off-road tire line).

Top Bottom