Why are tops on!?

well I was reading a thread not too long ago from about a year ago from people saying that it was soo nice out but yet people still had doors on tops on. I know it is still January but its been beautiful up here in Northern Cali. I have the doors off and top down, couldn't believe it was 77 this weekend and people still didn't have at least the tops down and off. it was 29 leaving work tonight at midnight, the drive home was a bit chilly, but that's what hats and gloves are for! maybe its just my gittiness of having one finally but still! well my rant of the mall crawlers who do not appreciate their wranglers for what they are.

SquareLJ

Meh, I leave my top on/up more often than not for two reasons. First, I don't want my stuff stolen. Second, the novelty of it has kinda worn off for me. When I first bought it though, I almost never ran with the top or doors on.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
It's 15 degrees here with -10 windchills and blowing snow. Top on :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My top is on cause we are getting 4-10" of snow today with wind chills below 0

Sent from my iPhone

Mine is on because the weather man says it will rain sometime this month..Or next:banghead:

We Are Jeep..Resistance Is Futile..

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Believe me, living in the Phoenix area there is little reason to even own a hardtop. That said, I'm renting a condo with absolutely no place to store the darn thing. Take the t-panels off all the time, but that's like a huge bowl of whip cream and you're only allowed to dip your pinky finger in for a taste. There is light at the end of the tunnel though. Moving to Colorado in May so I can see a bikini top and half doors in the future. I owned 3 CJ's when I lived in Colorado before and all had cloth tops. They worked great, including a trip to the top of Pikes Peak on New Year's eve. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.:yup:

swag247

Living in Las Vegas taking the top completely off sounds like fun, but I can tell you that the Sun out here will cook you up in minutes. Sides off, not top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

My tops come off from time to time but I don't have a garage to park in and I don't want anything stolen. But I do love it when everything is off.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Living in Las Vegas taking the top completely off sounds like fun, but I can tell you that the Sun out here will cook you up in minutes. Sides off, not top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pick yourself up a dirty dog or other sun shade. It cuts the temperature by at least 10 degrees and keeps the sun off your dome. I've run like that in Vegas when I am there in all but the hotest months.

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

You might want to have someone inspect your roof. Looks like it may need some repairs.

Maybe he had the top off the garage? :thinking: (dumb joke sorry)

Mine is on while it's at the dealer...I also battle pigeons right above my driveway so unless I park it in the garage over night I usually am forced to concede to the damn pigeons.

I've defintely been getting the itch to take the top off...30 degrees and sunny/foggy here! The only problem is it rains about 9 months of the year here!:doh:

This was 6:45 this morning...

Last edited:

Ldogg

that is actually really cool

I thought so when I saw it last week. Apparently they also have an extension piece to for those rear passengers. I might have to get one, they are only $40, and driving down the highway when it's a brisk 45-50 at 7am with no top and doors I do find myself running the heater and having a lite jacket.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I've defintely been getting the itch to take the top off...30 degrees and sunny/foggy here! The only problem is it rains about 9 months of the year here!:doh:

This was 6:45 this morning...

I had my top and my doors off for one full year and loved it......I added the spidershade to keep the South Florida sun from burning my head......I also watched my Wunderground radar app on my phone whenever I went out for a ride to let me know where the rain was.......invest in a Bestop Trail cover and keep it onboard just in case you get caught by the rain........I put mine on whenever I was going to be parked for an extended period of time (overnite or at work)......It rains in South Florida pretty heavy year round and at a moments notice if you're not paying attention......I could put that Bestop Trail cover on in about 30 seconds to a minute........trust me I had a lot of practice!

~Woodrow~

image.jpg
image.jpg

trailless

Caught the Bug
Considering it was in the single digits with snow and ice build up... my hard top is still on.

As soon as it starts hitting 70 degrees my soft top is going on and I'll be taking the doors off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom