Rubicon E-bar or Anti-rock?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I've been looking at trying to find a used factory Rubicon electronic sway bar with working motor to put on my JKUS. I like the idea of being able to wire it to an interior switch and disconnect it from the driver seat. The biggest problem is finding one in working order with a reasonable price. I've found new ones online for around $1,700, no way I'm spending that. Should I stop my search and go with an Anti-rock and not worry about the convenience of interior disconnection? Or just get a set of JKS discos and retain my stock bar? What are the benefits of the Anti-rock? Do you disconnect the Anti-rock when wheeling or put it on the lowest tension setting?

Atch

Buy a rubi sway bar working or not and add the EVO no limits disconnect. You just turn the knob to connect/disconnect. You can find a used swaybar for less than $500 fairly easily.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Buy a rubi sway bar working or not and add the EVO no limits disconnect. You just turn the knob to connect/disconnect. You can find a used swaybar for less than $500 fairly easily.

^^^^ This is what I would recommend as well. You get the benefit of a factory front sway bar for on pavement driving, you get the convenience of super easy disconnecting without having to use tools or tying anything out of the way and most of all, you don't have the ANNOYING squeaking that a $520 Anti-Rock WILL have.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Anybody have any advice on where to find a stock Rubi sway bar? Here in the Midwest I haven't been able to find one. Most people in my area who have Rubicons leave them stock or don't upgrade their sway bars, so finding a used one is virtually impossible.

I know on the west coast it may be a lot easier due to their being more modded JKs in that area of the country. I've searched eBay and all I've found recently is cheap ass Chinese discos.

If I found a Rubi bar in good working order, is it possible to wire it to one of my Rugged Ridge rocker switches?

Atch

Anybody have any advice on where to find a stock Rubi sway bar? Here in the Midwest I haven't been able to find one. Most people in my area who have Rubicons leave them stock or don't upgrade their sway bars, so finding a used one is virtually impossible.

I know on the west coast it may be a lot easier due to their being more modded JKs in that area of the country. I've searched eBay and all I've found recently is cheap ass Chinese discos.

If I found a Rubi bar in good working order, is it possible to wire it to one of my Rugged Ridge rocker switches?

There is a guy selling one on here asking $500 OBO

JayKay

Caught the Bug
There is a guy selling one on here asking $500 OBO

Thanks man! Didn't look that far ahead in the for sale posts. I'll look into it. I'm really leaning towards getting a JE Reel front shaft before I mess with the sway bar. More or less trying to get some information for future plans. Thanks everyone!

suicideking

Most of the people I know that have the Anti Rock really like it. Supposedly you 'get used to it'. This is the main reason holding me back from getting it. I don't want to have to get used to something that isn't going to be as nice when on road. I know they're great off road, but not so sure it would be good on a DD.

I'm interested in the ORO(?) dual rate, but don't know anyone that has one. Plus, they're expensive.

I am getting sick of manual disconnects though. Not hard to disconnect, but usually need a crow bar and/or a person or two standing on my rails to re-connect. The reason I'm not really interested in a Rubi bar with Evo lever is that when disconnected, you just have too much sway and get beaten up.

pvanweelden

^^^^ This is what I would recommend as well. You get the benefit of a factory front sway bar for on pavement driving, you get the convenience of super easy disconnecting without having to use tools or tying anything out of the way and most of all, you don't have the ANNOYING squeaking that a $520 Anti-Rock WILL have.

I have an antirock on my tj, and a edisco on my jkur, the ANNOYING squeaking around every corner makes you really appreciate the edisco, my :twocents:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have an antirock on my tj, and a edisco on my jkur, the ANNOYING squeaking around every corner makes you really appreciate the edisco, my :twocents:

After what I've heard about the anti-rock, I think I'll try finding a used Rubi sway bar. But I think I'm gonna get a new front driveshaft before I worry about the sway bar. I've had my JK lifted for over a year with the factory front shaft, would like to replace it now before I really have to when the joint fails

Atch

I am getting sick of manual disconnects though. Not hard to disconnect, but usually need a crow bar and/or a person or two standing on my rails to re-connect. The reason I'm not really interested in a Rubi bar with Evo lever is that when disconnected, you just have too much sway and get beaten up.

Too much sway & get beaten up?? How so? It's no different than using manual disconnects.

meep97

I've never had my Antirock squeak. Not saying it's not possible though for someone to experience that. Personally, I think the AR was one of the best upgrades I've done. Driving actually feels better to me. Either way, I don't think you'd be upset with either one.

dahreno

Banned
What exactly squeaks on the Anti Rock, the mounts? what kind of mounts do they use? Can't they be greased to stop the squeak? Also to the PO, the rubi disco can be used with lifted JKs, just need longer end links.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What exactly squeaks on the Anti Rock, the mounts? what kind of mounts do they use? Can't they be greased to stop the squeak? Also to the PO, the rubi disco can be used with lifted JKs, just need longer end links.

The plastic bushings I believe are what are squeaking.

JayKay

Caught the Bug

I know the Rubi sway bar will fit my lifted JK, being it just replaces the Sport sway bar I have now

Top Bottom