Rubicon express 3.5 superflex

JK Moose

Hey I have been looking at a lot of lifts for my 2010 2 door sport, really thinking about the rubicon express 3.5 super flex kit but can't find much info on it I don't wheel everyday more of a weekend warrior just want something that will flex nice and be able to run 35's anybody running this lift ? What do you think ? Pictures ?

tapcola

I have the lift on my jkur , it is kinda stiff and I don't have any bumpers on yet .If I new a little more I would have went with another brand , RK,TF,EVO , pay a little more but you get a better ride . Imop .

jkfern27

I have the same kit aswell and it does ride a little stiff but does flex pretty good. I got mine with the fox 2.0 shocks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2trackin

Fox 2.0 shocks are a bit stiff.
I run an RK max travel lift but use Evo Plush ride coils which help a lot.
If I could do it over I would piece my lift together. Most kits often have a couple nice aspects but lack in one area. Like nice control arms but Ok springs.
You may pay a little more by buying everything individually, but I think you end up with exactly what you want in the end.

Elusive

I have that kit I bought used off someone here. I rebuilt the joints and have 50000 miles on it. These were taken yesterday with trimmed fenders and 38s
esujypam.jpg
6anymema.jpg

noroad

I have a different RE lift and can say a couple things first mine rides great (it is the long arm 4-link tho) #2 I also got the fox 2.0 but the BDS tunned ones for jeep jks really smooth and was only 400 bucks. #3 make sure you can put all the parts you want on it like skids( i had a hard time finding skids to work with the new crossmember and such.

Last edited:

munstie

I have the long arm (radius arms) and I'm happy with the ride. But everyone is gonna have different takes on ride quality. I will say it did ride a little stiff at first but settled in it seems. Been on for two years now.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

munstie

Here are a couple of the 3.5 long arm (radius).

Attachments

• 1390601322046.jpg
    1390601322046.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 1390601379960.jpg
    1390601379960.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 129

JK Moose

That's awsome Munstie your running 35's right ? Did you swap you drive shafts ? If so what kind are they ?

munstie

Whoever makes them for R.E. I ordered everything from them, replaced both front and rear adapters at the axle and replaced the yoke on the transfer case for the front. Everything was a smooth install. But I will eventually change over to a four link front and rear from EVO the radius arms like to chew up axle bushings if you flex it.

Devallee

You said you have a 2 door? Have you thought about something with a little less lift maybe in the 2.5"-3" range? Obviously it's your jeep you may do what you like with it, but I think 3.5" on a 2 door will sit a little tall probably closer to 4" and might look a little disproportionate especially if you're only on 35s. If you already know all of this then please disregard this comment. Just wanted you to know since most of the comments/pics are for 4 doors :thumb:

munstie

^^Definitely wish I would've gone with 37s vs. 35s with the 3.5" lift.

JK Moose

I have thought about a 2.5 but one of my biggest regrets with my old Xj was I didn't go with a long arm kit and it never flexed very well over rocks. I wanted a 4.5 long arm but realized I don't need that much lift I don't wheel every km of every day more of a hobby I share with other jeepers I just don't want to do this jk wrong something that can fit 35s and have a decent amount of articulation is all I am looking for. Any ideas ? Thank you guys for all the info really helping me out

Devallee

Maybe try out the Evo Enforcer kit? I have heard nothing but great things about it on and off road as far as handling, flex, etc. They have a 3" kit that I know many guys are happy with. It keeps the LCG but still gives superb handling on and off road. Pair that with a nice set of shocks and you'll be sitting pretty. I'm planning on running that soon until I can save for coil overs and bypasses in the future. But I'd keep doing some research on here or call ORE I'm sure they'll be able to help you out to get you what you're looking for without sacrificing your COG and whatnot. But I personally wouldn't go more than 3" with a 2 door but that's just my opinion. But evo has a bunch of combos to work with that I'm sure many guys on here can vouch for

jason08JK

I have the 3.5 super flex. It flexes great and I don't mind the ride. I drove it to the Rubicon and back (to Colorado) and have put about 25,000 miles on it since 2010.

jkfern27

Heres a couple

Attachments

• 1390666526743.jpg
    1390666526743.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 1390666540861.jpg
    1390666540861.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 92
Top Bottom