Check this out!!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
thats not good at all! If they start going after the aftermarket companies it could be very bad. I'd rather not have a law against lifting jeeps.:grayno:

People need to back off the death wobble reports :rolleyes2:

Gary Palms2Pines

First it was duck liver - foie gras. Now our mod'ed Jeeps. We don't have money in the California budget to take care of basics. Now we've got the duck and Jeep police to put on the state payroll. :)

ichthus

Well, it's a serious issue that Chrysler should address, and not JUST on lifted Jeeps. A buddy of mine had his entire front end torn apart on his completely unmodded and never off-roaded JKU. The track bar bracket tore off the axle almost instantly after death-wobble began and only a couple days after he'd had it in at the dealer for the same problem.

Only after losing his temper in a cuss-filled rant about how dealers needed to support our troops better (he's been in Mid-east a few times) right in front of a local dealers owner did they even agree to inspect the damage (said he should go to body shop because suspension wasn't covered past 36k miles). When put on the lift it was found that the tranny and transfer case, oil pan, brakes, front axle, and most every suspension component was damaged and needed to be replaced.

Both of our JK's experienced death wobble with 2" lifts...though I admit that simple spring, shock and link lifts aren't sufficient even for a small lift like that.

Regulating the industry isn't what we need. Better components from the factory would be nice...but a simple warning label on the lift kit would be a good place to start

MTG

Caught the Bug
Waxman. Meh!

I can't believe he's still in office. Need not look further for a better example of a broken political system.

Top Bottom