Evo Coil Overs for LCG build?

tinman.kc

Evo team..... looking at a LCG 2dr jk build.. Can you do Evo coil overs at +1" lift to 3" range? Would it be worth the cost of the coli overs in over all suspension compliance, and high speed handling (on and off road)?

Thx!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What you want is what EVOlander had installed for the JKX. I don't know if it's available for sale as a product per se but, I'd be willing to bet that they could hook you up if you ask :cool:

ChaosNein

We can do the lower Bolt-On Coil-Over like EVOLander, but only as an install here at Off Road Evolution as some of the mounting brackets are custom fabricated here only.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

What you want is what EVOlander had installed for the JKX. I don't know if it's available for sale as a product per se but, I'd be willing to bet that they could hook you up if you ask :cool:

Was there any downsides to being as low as it is on the JKX? It sure looks awesome...I know different situations the lower the belly the more you could get hung up but was it much of a problem?

tinman.kc

We can do the lower Bolt-On Coil-Over like EVOLander, but only as an install here at Off Road Evolution as some of the mounting brackets are custom fabricated here only.

Drew - here's what I'm thinking...

Coil overs that can be set for +1 to +3 height increase (hopefully raising lowering is relatively easy)
33-35" tires, I like the stock wheel look, or bead lock wheels
Trying to keep weight out of the build, will be adding a cage, winch
Thinking of moving the spare in doors, at the tub height, so I have luggage space underneath

Goal is solid high speed handling on and off road, more suspension compliance then stock
80% on road and easy off road exploring, 20% rock crawling (time permitting)
Starting with a 13 2dr Rubicon, 6spd, soft top

Any ideas on losing deadweight considered. Need the suspension to work crushing down the highway @85mph, AND crawling rocks @ 2mph..

Thx!

ChaosNein

Drew - here's what I'm thinking...

Coil overs that can be set for +1 to +3 height increase (hopefully raising lowering is relatively easy)
33-35" tires, I like the stock wheel look, or bead lock wheels
Trying to keep weight out of the build, will be adding a cage, winch
Thinking of moving the spare in doors, at the tub height, so I have luggage space underneath

Goal is solid high speed handling on and off road, more suspension compliance then stock
80% on road and easy off road exploring, 20% rock crawling (time permitting)
Starting with a 13 2dr Rubicon, 6spd, soft top

Any ideas on losing deadweight considered. Need the suspension to work crushing down the highway @85mph, AND crawling rocks @ 2mph..

Thx!

The LCG Bolt-On kit will sit anywhere from 3.5" to 5.5" of actual lift. Running this with a smaller tire like a 33" will "LOOK" higher.

My thoughts are if you are looking for a lower ride height and great performance, I would go with the ENFORCER 3" and KING 2.5 w/ Compression Adjusters. This will give you the great ride on the highway as well as off the highway. It just seems to me that in your description of what you are looking for, the coil-overs may have you sitting higher than you want to sit.

tinman.kc

The LCG Bolt-On kit will sit anywhere from 3.5" to 5.5" of actual lift. Running this with a smaller tire like a 33" will "LOOK" higher.

My thoughts are if you are looking for a lower ride height and great performance, I would go with the ENFORCER 3" and KING 2.5 w/ Compression Adjusters. This will give you the great ride on the highway as well as off the highway. It just seems to me that in your description of what you are looking for, the coil-overs may have you sitting higher than you want to sit.

Ok, can the enforcer be bought as a 2" rise? Can' the coil overs be made shorter, to fit the lift I'm looking for?

ChaosNein

Ok, can the enforcer be bought as a 2" rise? Can' the coil overs be made shorter, to fit the lift I'm looking for?

The ENFORCER can be bought as a 3" or a 4" lift (3.5" / 4.5" on 2DR)

as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the LCG coil-over can be ran lower like EVOLander but that HAS to be done HERE at Off Road Evolution. We custom fabricate lower shock mounts so that the vehicle can sit at about 2". The coil-over can not be made "shorter' for this kit.

tinman.kc

The ENFORCER can be bought as a 3" or a 4" lift (3.5" / 4.5" on 2DR)

as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the LCG coil-over can be ran lower like EVOLander but that HAS to be done HERE at Off Road Evolution. We custom fabricate lower shock mounts so that the vehicle can sit at about 2". The coil-over can not be made "shorter' for this kit.

That is what I'm looking for, like your Evolander build.... without the 37"......�� My goal is to build a capable vehicle that works well with the Dana 44's..

ChaosNein

That is what I'm looking for, like your Evolander build.... without the 37"......😏 My goal is to build a capable vehicle that works well with the Dana 44's..

Bring it here and we can do it for you... Those brackets will NOT be sold and shipped...

turbineguy

Evo team..... looking at a LCG 2dr jk build.. Can you do Evo coil overs at +1" lift to 3" range? Would it be worth the cost of the coli overs in over all suspension compliance, and high speed handling (on and off road)?

Thx!

Icon bolt on coilovers range from 1 to 4 inches. Thats the route Im going with to keep my Jeep low. 3 to 4 inches is way to high for me.

It may or may not be a mistake. Im willing to gamble since I can easily return to stock.

Im currently trying to decide if I should pair them with the double D long arm kit or metalcloak arms. I might even try the double D arms will duroflex bushings. I like that the are adjustable on vehicle and upgradeable to high clearance setup.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ttfhell

Icon bolt on coilovers range from 1 to 4 inches. Thats the route Im going with to keep my Jeep low. 3 to 4 inches is way to high for me.

It may or may not be a mistake. Im willing to gamble since I can easily return to stock.

Im currently trying to decide if I should pair them with the double D long arm kit or metalcloak arms. I might even try the double D arms will duroflex bushings. I like that the are adjustable on vehicle and upgradeable to high clearance setup.

If a 3" lift is way too high for you why would you buy a long arm kit?

turbineguy

Agreed. Long arms would make no sense at all and I don't think they would provide any benefit.

Even with 2 - 2.5" lift a long arm will do no harm, still provide more potential flex than short arm, and allow me the ability to change my mind to go with a higher lift in future.

Top Bottom