LoD armor lite shorty front bumper

DKronk42

So, ive pretty much got my JK build entirely figured out save for what front bumper I want to run... I just spent about 2 hours on northridge and the one thats grabbing me the most is the LoD armor lite shorty, does anyone have any experience with this bumper? are there any "similar" bumpers i might consider?:idontknow:

Thanks,
Dave

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I know ttfhell and JAGS are running the LōD armor lite bumpers perhaps they'll chime in. I've seen them and personally I'm not crazy about their lines. But they are sturdy and light. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
^^^ As 10Frank said, a couple of us run this bumper. I like it because it does have different "lines" than other fronts out there. Went LOD because they are known for quality and it was between LOD and EVO 1/4. LOD came equally recommended as EVO in terms of quality, which is important as I don't want to buy junk. Came down to a choice of personal preference. Here's my :twocents: good and bad.

Pros:

Armor "Lite" (it actually is lighter weight than most)
LOD is good quality and good customer service
Bull bar or stinger options (I went stinger)
Winch ready (with added bracket)
Uses factory fogs (or aftermarket fogs)
Not as hard on the wallet as other fronts
Easy Install (even a noob like me did it solo)

Cons:

Winch is not "recessed" in bumper
OK, it's not EVO
Wish it was just slightly more narrow
Like frank said, Lines may not be for all.

To me, the pros negated the cons and I was fine with the lines and being slightly different. So far, I don't have any regrets or buyers remorse. I've got some pics on my phone, I'll try to post a few later.

DKronk42

I like he evo 1/4 as well, but it looks kind of plain to me which is why i gravitate towards the LoD, i think bully bar myself being as a stinger could be a liability where i live.

JAGS

Hooked
Well, I do have the stinger. But here's some pics. I also forgot to mention there is a front skid option. Try to get Northridge to match JeepAddons pricing. They wouldn't for me, so I ordered through JeepAddons (via phone) and got a great price. 👍
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390537586.589173.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390537627.550177.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390537740.475542.jpg

- Jason

suicideking

Bumpers are definitely a personal choice. I ended up getting the Shrockworks stubby bull bar. My second choice was going to be the Metalcloak. I also like the Genright.

Attachments

• Arrowhead 9-28-13.jpg
    Arrowhead 9-28-13.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 149
  • HR EC.jpg
    HR EC.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 148

DKronk42

I live in Pennsylvania, and alot of the wheeling in my area is tight and confined by trees and the like, i love the stinger look, but i think it could cause a problem on trails...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I live in Pennsylvania, and alot of the wheeling in my area is tight and confined by trees and the like, i love the stinger look, but i think it could cause a problem on trails...

There are a few of use that have stingers (here in PA) and don't have any problems. The stinger of the 1/4 pounder doesn't stick out far at all so you wouldn't have a problem. I know I would run a stinger if I could do it all again

Sent from my iPhone

DKronk42

I know even with my stock bumper ive had some close calls on the trails near my house haha, but i think thats mostly from the width

Capita

Great bumper, straight bolt on no drilling, cutting or fab. just wish it was a bit shorter.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390579587746.jpg
    1390579587746.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom