bent axel shaft

seanb123

so we got some snow on the east coast so of course i took advantage of it. But me being dumb i let my buddy drift by jeep around in the snow. Of course he ended up hitting a curb like an idiot and since im a good friend im gonna take the blow for it. So i heard some squeak and grind so i put it in the air got the wheels off and put it in drive could clearly see the rotor spinning not straight. So now my question is im trying to spend as little as possible here and am wondering will i be able getting away with just the shaft or should i get the shaft with bearing wheel studd etc. Is the wheel stud known to bend as well as the shaft or just the shaft. When it was spinning with the wheel off the rotor was moving back and forth but the studs seam to stay in the same place. Any help is appropriated.

bent mine a few months ago passenger rear it bends at the flange, just buy a shaft complete with bearing pressed on and you swap it out in an hour or two back in business not to much money and less headace then pressing studs and bearings and crap onto a new shaft

CrazyLarry

bent mine a few months ago passenger rear it bends at the flange, just buy a shaft complete with bearing pressed on and you swap it out in an hour or two back in business not to much money and less headace then pressing studs and bearings and crap onto a new shaft

X2 you can get some ten chromoly with the bearings and race presses on already. Easy install

Tcdawg

s So now my question is im trying to spend as little as possible here and am wondering will i be able getting away with just the shaft or should i get the shaft with bearing wheel studd etc.

The bearing and bearing retainer from your old axle really can't be pressed off and reused and you will want a new outer seal as well. You will need new. You can get the ABS tone ring off and reuse as well as the retainer plate with the four bolts that connect to your axle.

Is the wheel stud known to bend as well as the shaft or just the shaft. When it was spinning with the wheel off the rotor was moving back and forth but the studs seam to stay in the same place. Any help is appropriated.

I seriously doubt you have any bent studs. You bent the axle flange. You can re-use the studs. Press them out and then back in to the new one.

OR, you could leave your old one complete and buy a new complete axle shaft with all the components and have your old one for a trail spare.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If it you had a Rubicon and it was the passenger side I would have a deal for you. :grayno:

Jeepmaverick

I have all my factory shafts from when I upgraded axles but I'm in TX so don't know how much shipping would be to PA...

Top Bottom