New drive shaft? 2012 JKU with 2.5" Coil Spacer in Front?

Petzl88

I am going to install a 2.5" front coil spacer and a 1.75" rear spacer soon on my 2012 JKU manual transmission. I have stock shocks and I will be adding the Teraflex shock extensions to the front. Will the front drive shaft have contact issues with the exhaust when I am disconnected in the front? Thanks guys. :thumb:

I am going to install a 2.5" front coil spacer and a 1.75" rear spacer soon on my 2012 JKU manual transmission. I have stock shocks and I will be adding the Teraflex shock extensions to the front. Will the front drive shaft have contact issues with the exhaust when I am disconnected in the front? Thanks guys. :thumb:

You may have issues at full droop when disconnected. You can just pick up an exhaust spacer to push it back a bit. It's a pretty easy install.

JKWrang

The general consensus seems to be that if you are anything over 2.5" in lift height, you are in trouble with the DS. Anything 2.5 and under, you're right as rain. The front DS going, at least you can still get home so if you're at 2.5 you should be all set and not have to worry. Worse case is, you have too much droop, limp home and find a DS you like! :)

You should be good though

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
since your using spacers and shock extensions you will be fine. you will gain exactly 2.5" and the extensions will not allow you to droop to far that you would hit the exhaust. you will be fine.

Top Bottom