E-disco, Manual, or Anti-rock??

rumble

What's the consensus as to which is better (i understand better isn't the best term to use but....)?I have a Rubi so I've got the e-disco....buddy was saying I should switch to manuals so that I can "completely" disconnect since the e-disco is limiting me???? I thought bump stops did that? I was also throwing around the idea of the anti rock setup as well but seen a few posts about squeaking as well as snapping. Opinions?.....

BadApple

Sway Bars??... Who needs em? Ive been running mine without sway bars at all for about a year. No problems even at freeway speeds its not really noticeable unless you switch lanes in a hurry. I always drive in the far right lane anyways and never really worry about it!!

rumble

I was actually just reading that.....what about e-disco vs manual? Just curious about the functionality as far as which works better.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The motor on the edisco is hit or miss. But you can run the EVO no limits manual disconnect if the motor stops working.

Edisco is way easier then manual.

rumble

That I understand. But how about the comment my buddy had in regards to the e-disco limiting me where as the manuals allow for "complete" disco?

matt1171

Just run both. A friend of mine with a Rubi is going to put Teraflex quick discos on his. That way when he just wants to play a little he can hit the button on the e-disco and when he's wheeling all day he can unhook the Teraflex links and have to worry about pushing the button all day.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The e disco will not limit your droop. Your shocks will limit your droop and your bump stops will limit your up travel. All you need is sway bar links that are tall enough so that when your at full droop they will not flip over on themselves.

Sent from my iPhone

RamP

I think that your friend who said the e disco is limiting you meant that it can only be disco'd while in 4 low. If you went manual with the Evo then you could disco anytime you wanted. 4 high or 4 low.

Serg5000

I think that your friend who said the e disco is limiting you meant that it can only be disco'd while in 4 low. If you went manual with the Evo then you could disco anytime you wanted. 4 high or 4 low.

You can disconnect with the elocker in 4Hi also. It just locks out around 15 mph.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
The motor on the edisco is hit or miss. But you can run the EVO no limits manual disconnect if the motor stops working.

Edisco is way easier then manual.

Did you run yours to a switch with a working motor or are you using the ORE manual disconnect?

TheStick

I have heard people say that the edisco limits droop. Maybe that's what your "friend" was referring to.

Opinion? When your friend is wrenching his links, light a smoke and blow it in his face.

Serg5000

ynezyvug.jpg
i still run edisko. Not much limit there.

Top Bottom