Traction control light

13gecko

Hey guys a good friend of mine on here Angry Aussie, had his traction control light come on today. He can't access WOL right now so he asked me to post for him. What do you all think it could be?

I mentioned the steering wheel might need to be centered but he just had an alignment done.

Another think I think it could be is a wheel speed sensor.

Or maybe an axle is off center.

Let us know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1390609500719.jpg
    1390609500719.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Devallee

Is it lifted? Does it always stay on or does it just pop on around turns or freeway onramps and whatnot? If so it could just be the COG is off because of the lift and need to have the dealer disable it or do it on your own if you don't mind the light always on the dash. I've had mine disabled since day one. I don't think its a wheel speed sensor because the abs/BAS lights would be on as well (so I believe). Hopefully others will chime in

Edit: I notice the airbag light is on too. Is that always on as well? If so it could be the clock spring that went bad

Benny

After I lifted mine, the steering wheel was a little off center. I didn't think it was bad but the computer sure did. Had that light come on but after recentering the wheel it went out after awhile. Or wheel speed sensor....

DJKU09

If he just lifted it then It might be the turn buckle. If the steering wheel is off to one side then loosen the 2 bolts from the drag ling and turn that hole peace till the steering wheel is centered. Ones its centered then just tighten them back up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

13gecko

Is it lifted? Does it always stay on or does it just pop on around turns or freeway onramps and whatnot? If so it could just be the COG is off because of the lift and need to have the dealer disable it or do it on your own if you don't mind the light always on the dash. I've had mine disabled since day one. I don't think its a wheel speed sensor because the abs/BAS lights would be on as well (so I believe). Hopefully others will chime in

Edit: I notice the airbag light is on too. Is that always on as well? If so it could be the clock spring that went bad

He said it stays on all the time. And the airbag light stays on because he has aftermarket seats. I don't believe it's the COG because I went wheeling last weekend with him and the light wasn't on. Also hes had the lift for a while now.

Devallee

We'll like I said I don't think its a wheel speed sensor because those usually trigger the abs/BAS lights too (just fixed this problem in my jeep a week ago). I'd try recentering the steering wheel just for giggles, and make sure the axle is centered. If all else fails the dealer should be able to quickly hook up a scan tool and tell you exactly what it is (might charge him tho).

Devallee

Also does the jeep feel any different when driving it? Like its braking on its own or anything? Maybe try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer and see if it pops on again just in case something triggered it and went away and the light just didn't go out. Dash looks like a recent model so I'm guessing it still has the warranty. Like I said above, worst case drop it off at the stealership

13gecko

Yes I agree with you. His is a 2012 rubicon. I have a superchips that I could hook up and see what code it's throwing. But he's about 1hr and 30 min from me and he's still at work.

I had kinda the same problem with my 2013 when I put my lift on. The steering wheel was off a little and the traction control came on. I could also feel the abs trying to correct the jeep.

If I could see it in person I'm sure we could figure it out. He wanted to post on here and see what the experts thought and I agree. Hope he gets to chime in on here and say exactly what it doing.

Devallee

Yes I agree with you. His is a 2012 rubicon. I have a superchips that I could hook up and see what code it's throwing. But he's about 1hr and 30 min from me and he's still at work. I had kinda the same problem with my 2013 when I put my lift on. The steering wheel was off a little and the traction control came on. I could also feel the abs trying to correct the jeep. If I could see it in person I'm sure we could figure it out. He wanted to post on here and see what the experts thought and I agree. Hope he gets to chime in on here and say exactly what it doing.
If its a 2012 and he has a mod friendly dealership that still accepts the warranty...I'd just drop it off there and not even worry about it personally. Take full advantage of the warranty while it's still there haha If not, than the above methods are what I would try. Hope he figures it out :beer:

Top Bottom