Door Key

HoosierWolf

I had a couple of keys made at but they will set off the alarm (which I don't even want. I find it a little bit of overkill on a vehicle which the doors are frequently removed) when I open the door with them. Is there a way to turn off this function of the alarm? So far I've been unsuccessful in finding it.

Also if I want to actually buy a gray key/valet key what kinda money am I looking at? The local dealership quoted me 130.00 :eek: since they have to program the key. I noticed their unsolicited attraction eyeballing my tender backside and told them no means no and walked off.:naw:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are you locking the doors with the key fob or electric locks then trying to open with the non-key fob key? Try locking a door manually and then unlocking with the non-key fob key.

Also, the alarm function and electric lock function is important. It is what shuts down the operability of the rear gate so a locked gate can't be opened without a key when the top is off.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...and as long as you have two programmed keys, you can program a third or fourth blank yourself. No need to pay the dealer.

jeeeep

Hooked
I still can't figure out why the alarm sounds when I use the key to unlock the doors...not the fob (electric) but the actual key.

dealer tell me that's by design :thinking:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I still can't figure out why the alarm sounds when I use the key to unlock the doors...not the fob (electric) but the actual key.

dealer tell me that's by design :thinking:

A lot of foreign cars do this also. It's kinda strange, but usually while the alarm is going off, you can go over to the passenger side and unlock that door with the key and the alarm will disarm. So basically the dealership is most likely right in that it is by design.

Top Bottom