Seals leaking???

13gecko

Hey guys just noticed that my diff seals are leaking I think? Can anyone tell me what it might be or where to get new seals?

Attachments

• 1390670989621.jpg
    1390670989621.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 1390671003462.jpg
    1390671003462.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 112

jeepwayoflife

Looks like pinion seals are leaking. Its a pretty cheap and easy fix, you just have to remove the driveshaft and yoke to get to the seal. If the wetness on the differential doesn't bother you I would just leave the leak unless it is actively dripping.

13gecko

Looks like pinion seals are leaking. Its a pretty cheap and easy fix, you just have to remove the driveshaft and yoke to get to the seal. If the wetness on the differential doesn't bother you I would just leave the leak unless it is actively dripping.

Alright, I am going to be replacing the drive shafts soon anyway so I guess I could do it all at once. I'll look online and see where I can get the best pinion seals. Thanks for the help sir.:thumbup:

13gecko

You're right, but I'm afraid they are gonna flag my jeep because of the lift, lockers...and other stuff.

OJK12

You're right, but I'm afraid they are gonna flag my jeep because of the lift, lockers...and other stuff.

If your gonna pay for the parts and do the work yourself what difference would it make???? If they are gonna flag your jeep they will do it regardless weather it's a big job or a small job you might as well take it in and see what they say or take it to a mod friendly dealer.

jeeeep

Hooked

i'd try to find a mod friendly dealer - I've found the dealers with pre-modded jeeps in their lot are jeep friendly in this area.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hmm could you explain more for me? Never done this before. The jeep only has 10k miles on it.

just grab hold of the drive shaft as close to the leak as you can, if you can move it that's a sign of more than just pinion seal...warranty work since your rig is pretty new

Oh you had gears and lockers installed after market?

13gecko

just grab hold of the drive shaft as close to the leak as you can, if you can move it that's a sign of more than just pinion seal...warranty work since your rig is pretty new

Oh you had gears and lockers installed after market?

I pulled and pushed the DS around and no movement. Whew. And yes I had 5.13s and a front lunchbox lock installed about 2k miles ago.

JKWrang

Had that same leak on my dakota. Didn't cause an issue. The seepage was annoying

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Top Bottom