Trek NX

So yesterday I was putting my new top on Canvas and was almost done when I was zipping the back window in and broke the zipper mechanism. Yeah it was tough to pull and instead of waiting I pushed the issue. My question is where can I get the zipper mechanism or do I need a new rear window.

Yes brute force does not work on everything sometimes finesse is better.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JKFlyer

Sorry to hear. Sounds like u will need a replacement unless u post a pic w more details. I hear Bestop is really good about it...just don't say brute force! Good luck

Top is great once u break her in and stretch out real good ( no I'm not a perv) in hot weather

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry to hear. Sounds like u will need a replacement unless u post a pic w more details. I hear Bestop is really good about it...just don't say brute force! Good luck

Top is great once u break her in and stretch out real good ( no I'm not a perv) in hot weather

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will post pics tomorrow. Thanks for the advice about not using brute force

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Beyrgut

Yeah a break on install should be covered. I let mine sit out in the sun for a bit but the rear window wouldn't zip up either. Went inside and had a beer, then it zipped right up. It definitely gets easier once the fabric stretches, minimal effort these days to get everything snugged up.

I do have a nice rattle from the front arch I need to address but that should be simple fix.

Yeah a break on install should be covered. I let mine sit out in the sun for a bit but the rear window wouldn't zip up either. Went inside and had a beer, then it zipped right up. It definitely gets easier once the fabric stretches, minimal effort these days to get everything snugged up.

I do have a nice rattle from the front arch I need to address but that should be simple fix.

I found adjusting the spring settings (on the rear tabs) took care of my rattle there. Not sure if it will help your rattle or not lol...

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I to still have a little wind rattle at high speeds 75-80 mph but nothing that bothers me.......I periodically tighten the interior straps that attach to the sound bar....that seems to help a little with the noise......it's a Jeep it's gonna make some kinda noise whatever it is........I just turn the radio up just a little more and smile.....:rock:

~Woodrow~

Update. I contacted Bestop and they provided some insight. Since the only thing that was broke was the zipper slide the suggested going to a local upholstery shop to get just the slide. After contacting a marine upholstery shop in town one has been located. Will update later today.

Norice4me66

I belive they have the zippers but I also think it is a size 11 zipper. And for the rattle just adjust it in the back. and it will go away mine also did the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bikini Top pic 1.JPG Bikini Top pic 2.JPG I bought my Trek NX from Sean at Northridge about 3 months ago but only fitted it 4 weeks ago. Weather in England is not the same of Florida or California unfortunately so I thought better wait for a hot sunny day to have a go. Lol

So I must admit that I struggled a little to fit it on my 2 Dr Rubicon on day one but like you guys it strectched overnight and I was all good to zip it all around the following morning. The Sun definitely helped.

It's only last week that I decided to drive in "Bikini mode" (not me guys :eek:, I meant the Jeep).

I loved it and it looks really cool.

But here is my question.

When re-installing the rear and side windows the edges that make a solid corner/angle with the Driver and passenger doors don't stay in place anymore. I opened the roof Driver bay to give plenty of slack to the material and I only engaged the rear window zips a couple of inches to strectch the side windows as much as possible. This way the side windows corners/angles fit at the bottom but they don't go back right in place at the top.
I managed to have them holding for a little while but once the doors have been opened a couple of times they get out of their position.

Has this happened to any of you guys? Do you have a particular technic to avoid this?

sean.m.adams33

French-Chris; said:
Has this happened to any of you guys? Do you have a particular technic to avoid this?

Mine always tucked right back into the jeep. Make sure you're getting it into the surrounds properly.

WhiteShadow

Zip ties around where the arches meet the door surrounds. That fixed the rattle for me. Went from annoying as hell to peacefulness

Ldogg

Your talking about the channel on the door surrounds that the window seats into correct? Make sure the window is rolled into that channel and that the stitching is on the inside of the door jamb and not on the outside of the jeep. Does that make sense? What I usually do when putting it all back on is engage all 4 zippers then roll that edge into the door surround, then zip the top zippers, then the tub rail and then finally the rear zipper. It's a right fit and I added paracord zipper pulls to help zip it up.
Easy to make yourself at home.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403189097.512595.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403189117.050649.jpg

Follow these directions to make your own. Make the loop in step 9 bigger and the repeat steps 10-14 to weave the cobra pattern.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403189130.165927.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403189154.949150.jpg

Thanks for your replies, pictures and particularly the instructions for the zip ties. These will be useful but I’ll have to ask my girlfriend to make them as I’ll never have the patience.

Otherwise it’s not that I don’t understand how that part of the soft top is supposed to be fitted.

I fitted it right the first time and it stayed in place when I opened / closed the doors.

It’s since I removed the sides and rear windows that I struggle to put it back in place.

As soon as I engage the Zip at the top of the door between the Roof and the side window the top of the Angle/corner piece of the side window is too far from the channel in which it is supposed to tuck in.

So once the top is out of that channel the bottom doesn’t stay in after a short drive or just by opening/closing the doors few times

In the Instruction from Bestop at Paragraph 12 there is a Note: “To increase spring tension for a tighter fit, hook the spring into one of the inner holes in the Cable Bracket.”

The material has stretched since the 4 or 5 weeks it has been fitted so I’ve got the feeling that I might have to re-adjust the cable spring on the roof around that area. That might pull the roof material just enough to allow the Top corner/angle to tuck in the channel and still allow the zip to engage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom