4" Plush ride EVO coils

JKNick07

This might have been covered before but I did some searching and couldn't find much so I figured I'd start a thread and ask. I currently have a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift on my 07 jk 2 door with 4.10 gears and 35" km2's. Anyway I was looking for a little bit more of a lift and better ride and was hoping to swap the 4" EVO plush rides in, however what supporting mods would I need? I'm guessing I'd have to extend the brake lines as well as the shocks and swaybar links.. Is there anyone else that has made this swap that could help me out? Greatly appreciated!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
is there a reason you want to go up to the 4" coils? here is my setup running the 3" coils on 37s. I got around 3.75 of lift I think, need to measure again. I kept the same swaybar links for now, added longer 5100s up front, evo rockstar skids out back, and longer brake lines which i dont think are actually longer like I ordered. Also swapped out front and rear shafts and also have the evo draglink flip waiting to be installed, not sure if that was needed but I ordered it.

Attachments

• image-3279194638.jpg
    image-3279194638.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 570
  • image-4204060682.jpg
    image-4204060682.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

JKNick07

is there a reason you want to go up to the 4" coils? here is my setup running the 3" coils on 37s.

Well now that I see the 3 inch from that view I guess not hahah I figured the Teraflex 2.5" coils usually net 3" on 2 doors so I figured there wouldn't be much of a difference between the 2.5 and 3" but I love your jeep it looks pretty perfect.. Oh and the real reason for the need of a height increase is my coworkers stock JK parked next to mine this morning making mine look not so "cool" anymore hahah just being honest!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Probably not the best pic, but here is Cozdude next to me and he has the 2.5" tf kit still but on 35s.

When I switched I could Definitely see a difference in height.

Attachments

• image-1854475044.jpg
    image-1854475044.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 544

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
stretch your 2 door out like vengence. that'll show them. higher isn't always better, and like hinrich's jeep, 3" with 37 inch tires is perfect on a 2 door.:yup:

JKNick07

Probably not the best pic, but here is Cozdude next to me and he has the 2.5" tf kit still but on 35s.

When I switched I could Definitely see a difference in height.

Oh wow yeah there definitely is a noticeable difference there..
photo.JPG
Here's what hurt my feelings this morning hahah Wish I still lived in PA so I could meet up and wheel with you guys!

JKNick07

stretch your 2 door out like vengence. that'll show them. higher isn't always better, and like hinrich's jeep, 3" with 37 inch tires is perfect on a 2 door.:yup:

I'm beginning to lean towards that idea as well. 3" and 37's on a 2 door might just be the perfect combo!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned by Hinrich the 3" plush rides are great for 37's with flat fenders on a 2 door since the plush rides will make you sit anywhere from 3.5-4" of lift depending on bumpers and stuff you have installed.

JKNick07

So it seems like I can basically swap the 2.5" coils out for the 3" plush rides.. Do I need shocks, brake lines, sway bar end links and stuff right away or am I good to go just swapping the coils?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So it seems like I can basically swap the 2.5" coils out for the 3" plush rides.. Do I need shocks, brake lines, sway bar end links and stuff right away or am I good to go just swapping the coils?

you could add tons of stuff, lower control arms, drive shafts, drag link flip, mods are endless on these jeeps. you can just swap swap springs and see what you need.

JKNick07

So the jeep would at least be driveable still and I could add on other things as I went.. I already have teraflex adjustable LCA's so I'm sure those would work but yeah I'm guessing I can just swap coils and see what I needed from there. Thanks for the help guys

2trackin

Do you just have factory links and brake lines? I would suggest links. If you aren't going with a longer shock yet. Then no you won't need brake lines as your shocks won't let the axle drop any further. Though I do suggest longer shocks to give you the added flex, that is assuming you offroad the rig. If not, and just want the lift for looks. I suggest the Evo 3" coils as I have plenty of room for 37s with them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKNick07

Do you just have factory links and brake lines? I would suggest links. If you aren't going with a longer shock yet. Then no you won't need brake lines as your shocks won't let the axle drop any further. Though I do suggest longer shocks to give you the added flex, that is assuming you offroad the rig. If not, and just want the lift for looks. I suggest the Evo 3" coils as I have plenty of room for 37s with them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I do off road my jeep nothing heavy or crazy but mild to medium trails however not very often as there are none close by.. That being said this jeep isn't my DD so I am doing some of the modding for looks (who doesn't) hahaha just being honest I'm more of a weekend warrior.. Love to hit the trails but when time permits. That being said I'm guessing I can kind of take it one step at a time and start with the coils maybe.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
With the 3" plush rides you will need longer front and rear shocks, driveshafts, and brake lines just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone

JKNick07

With the 3" plush rides you will need longer front and rear shocks, driveshafts, and brake lines just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone

Ok cool at least I can prepare now haha thanks so much for your help.. I think I'm gonna piece it together and buy stuff when I can and install on the same basis.. Maybe ill just copy hinrichs build hahaha

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok cool at least I can prepare now haha thanks so much for your help.. I think I'm gonna piece it together and buy stuff when I can and install on the same basis.. Maybe ill just copy hinrichs build hahaha

He has a great build and one I try to copy a little myself as well.

Sent from my iPhone

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Main reason I went longer shocks up front and the rockstars out back was due to only having about 3" of droop with the plush rides installed, I upgraded from the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and kept many of the same parts from that for now. One of the things I would deffinitly change are the upper bumpstop extensions if you have the teraflex ones simply because they are horrible to fit through the evo springs. I may need longer sway bar links but have yet to really measure and make sure yet.

JKNick07

Main reason I went longer shocks up front and the rockstars out back was due to only having about 3" of droop with the plush rides installed, I upgraded from the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and kept many of the same parts from that for now. One of the things I would deffinitly change are the upper bumpstop extensions if you have the teraflex ones simply because they are horrible to fit through the evo springs. I may need longer sway bar links but have yet to really measure and make sure yet.

Awesome thanks for the info man I appreciate the help.

suicideking

I did this on a 4 door -- Had 2.5" RK springs and swapped in 4" Evo. My brake lines were plenty long enough, but had to replace my rear shocks because they weren't long enough. Front shocks were fine. I already had the front DS. I don't think you'll need to do much if you go from 2.5" to 3".

I also had bad bump steer from going up to 4". I added the Synergy drag link kit with relocation.

I'm on 35's right now, but will be moving up to 37's soon. Need to do chromoly shafts and gears first.

Last edited:

JKNick07

I did this on a 4 door -- Had 2.5" RK springs and swapped in 4" Evo. My brake lines were plenty long enough, but had to replace my rear shocks because they weren't long enough. Front shocks were fine. I already had the front DS. I don't think you'll need to do much if you go from 2.5" to 3".

I also had bad bump steer from going up to 4". I added the Synergy drag link kit with relocation.

I'm on 35's right now, but will be moving up to 37's soon. Need to do chromoly shafts and gears first.

Got any pics of your rig man? I'm still on the fence between the 4" and 3" springs.. I know I gotta do more to be safe with the 4" but I feel like I'll love the look going a little bigger and eventually running 37's.:rock:

Top Bottom