Help!!! CSPS or something else?

seanrugby11

I'm going to try and not sound like a newbie but I think I will anyways. Oh well. So I have a 98 tj and it was making a terrible sound while idling. Found out it was the flex plate. So had that fixed by a mechanic cause I don't have the time or a lift to do it. Got it back and it started misfiring. So checked out the cel found out the crank shaft position sensor was bad. So replaced that and gave the babe a tune up with new plugs and new wires. Started running fine. Kept the cam shaft position sensor that I bought with it just in case since that code was coming up too. Well it's snowing up here in FoCo so I threw it into 4 wheel on my way to school. Check engine came back on and it is idling harsh. I'm stuck. Is it the cam shaft or something else? Any help is greatly appreciated! 😭

Jiffy05

Did you take it anywhere to get the CEL checked to see what code it was throwing? I would probably bet it is a sensor that went bad.

Jiffy05

Maybe try cleaning the throttle body and IAC. Id also check your tps. :thinking: Good luck!!

I had a car that the IACV was stuck and it would rev from 1.2k to 2k any time I was stopped. I didn't know the TJ has that kind of sensor on the tb.

seanrugby11

I got the light checked. Kept throwing the sensor but I just put a brand new one in. I'll have to check out that link and clean it out. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom