Opinions on Zone suspension lifts

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Looking at possible getting a 3" Zone Suspension Lift along with exhaust spacer and front adjustable track bar.

I will be adding Bushwacker Flat Fenders, 35" tires and 4:56 gears eventually.

We do moderate wheeling, mainly trails, no big rock crawling or deep mud.

Please tell me what you think.

Budget is limited so dont want to waste money on redo's

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a kit that people who have it on their Jeep will swear by but in reality, it's just a basic kit. Not bad, just nothing special. If you do get it, I would NOT get the old school hydro shocks that come with the kit but rather, spend a bit more and get something like a set of Rancho 7000MT's. I would also look at getting an adjustable front track bar as without one, your axle will be off enough to be noticeable. Last but not least, being that you have a 2012, you will want to budget in a new front drive shaft and, being that you have a 2-door, you will want to budget in a new rear drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle as well. The latter isn't necessary all at once but, it will be something you'll have to address sooner than later.

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Thanks for your input. Kinda what I figured.

Sounds like a lift I can start with and build upon without having to keep replacing new parts with newer parts for up grades.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for your input. Kinda what I figured.

Sounds like a lift I can start with and build upon without having to keep replacing new parts with newer parts for up grades.

My friend thought the same thing when he ordered his for his 2-dr.... $1000 more than he planned on after the kit he is still not happy with it. Don't try to save money and get cam washers - they are worthless and will cost you more in the long run, get better shocks and an adjustable front track bar as Eddie recommended, also plan on adjustable control arms and Driveshafts...

IMO don't be in a hurry to lift until you've really assessed what you really need and plan on at least doubling your budget before you buy. :twocents:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My friend thought the same thing when he ordered his for his 2-dr.... $1000 more than he planned on after the kit he is still not happy with it. Don't try to save money and get cam washers - they are worthless and will cost you more in the long run, get better shocks and an adjustable front track bar as Eddie recommended, also plan on adjustable control arms and Driveshafts...

IMO don't be in a hurry to lift until you've really assessed what you really need and plan on at least doubling your budget before you buy. :twocents:

I couldn't agree with this more. If it were me, I would save up a bit longer and just get a better kit. Also, good point about cam bolts, I strongly recommend AGAINST using them.

First question is have you experienced a Zone lift for yourself? Second is what are looking to for in the a lift, clearance or ride quality? I ask this because my first lift was for clearance and did not like the ride. I was fortunate enough to find a set of EVO Plush Ride Coils that I put on and love them. Great ride on the road and even better on the trail. The Enforcer lift is a bit more than the Zone but you can keep adding to it.

R/
Will

I've got the Zone 3" with the nitro shocks and I'm happy with it. As Eddie said, it's a basic kit but I was on a budget and I've been happy with it thus far. I have the 4 door so I haven't had to mess with the drive shafts yet, but I'm keeping an eye on them. Feel free to PM if you have any more specific questions or want to chat about it.

Top Bottom