Off Road Sway bar or Disconnented?

Marcel

I am interested to hear from those who have tried off road sway bars (such as a currie anti rock) vs just disconnecting the stock bar.

Is there a significant difference in performance on the trail?

JK GABY

Discos & Limits Straps
I use Rubi Sway Bar,EVO No Limit & I Bend the links
I Learn Disconet is Better no links to bend with the tie rod bar

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am interested to hear from those who have tried off road sway bars (such as a currie anti rock) vs just disconnecting the stock bar.

Is there a significant difference in performance on the trail?

off road, having a softer connected sway bar up front will offer good flex and more stability. the problem is that on pavement, it'll still feel like your disconnected. not that big of a deal if you don't have to make and sharp or sudden maneuvers. if you've got a rubicon, i would just stick with the e-disco.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I recently went to a Currie Anti-Rock swaybar on the frontend w/ EVO Double Throw Down and you do feel a difference compared to the OEM swaybar setup. But not having to get down and disconnect every time I go wheeling simply makes up for the added body roll on road. Teraflex makes a quick knob-like disconnect sway bar, but it's pretty pricey IIRC.

StrizzyChris

I have heard people say they love the convenience of not having to disconnect. I have also heard people say its the worst of both worlds i.e. not enough responce with maneuvers at higher speeds and not enough flex when crawling. I think this is 100% user preference. My money is on trying which ever one is the cheepest and see if you like that! Disco's are cheep, antirock will cost ya!

Top Bottom