Wet Interior

Chairokey

Well i've finally done it... lol I've left the top down in the rain. It doesn't look like anything electrical got wet. Has anyone ever done this before? (dumb question)

If so, is there anything specific I need to do besides leave it open in the sun? Also, Is there any long lasting mildewy smells?

ichthus

Well, first things first, pull the carpet up enought to pull all the oval shaped rubber drain plugs. I did that 3 years ago and never replaced them.

If you really wanna Get rid of the max amount of water...use a wet/dry shop vac. Consider taking advantage of the situation and shampoo while you're at it (this would make you far more ambitious than I am)

kaptkrappy

Well i've finally done it... lol I've left the top down in the rain. It doesn't look like anything electrical got wet. Has anyone ever done this before? (dumb question)

If so, is there anything specific I need to do besides leave it open in the sun? Also, Is there any long lasting mildewy smells?

Well, first things first, pull the carpet up enought to pull all the oval shaped rubber drain plugs. I did that 3 years ago and never replaced them.

If you really wanna Get rid of the max amount of water...use a wet/dry shop vac. Consider taking advantage of the situation and shampoo while you're at it (this would make you far more ambitious than I am)

I've got caught in the rain a couple of times. A few inches of rain in the floor. I pull the carpets (they come out and go back in real easy) and the drain plugs, which lets most of the water out.

Like ichthus said, I use a shop vac for the rest of the water in the front, it doesn't all drain out, I let the carpets dry in the sun and re install them when dry. Don't forget the drain plugs under the storage compartment in the back or the one in the bottom of the jack storage compartment, I did the first time and they will hold water for weeks if you don't drain them too.

ichthus

Yeah, I forgot the one in the storage bin in back and had a chain back there that I had forgotten about. Now my carpet is rusty

Chairokey

Thing went well. Fortunately it wasn't enough rain to make puddles. Just enough to soak in the carpets and seats. A few hours in the Texas sun took care of things nicely.

However when I went out to put the top back on I found that a chicken had hopped in and laid an egg in my floor board lol! This event should probably contribute to the naming of my jeep....

Top Bottom