Alternator

Firewrangler

How bad is it to change on a 07 JK? In 20 degree weather? Was on my way to a house fire this morning, and started getting all kinds of lights and dinging noises going off. Pulled up to the house and it died!

jeeeep

Hooked
IMO in that weather ouch...it's not difficult but in that cold of weather...

Are you sure it's not the battery, have you had it tested?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Bummer about the Jeep shutting down.......but at least you made it to the structure fire.......hope all went well and nobody got hurt. Are you with the City of Mobile Fire-Rescue or with a volunteer FD in Mobile County? The reason why I ask is that maybe you could use a bay at the fire station for a couple of hours......maybe park the Engine or Rescue out in front of the bay on the tarmac or maybe just pull them up a little to fit your rig in behind them......I've been known to do this on occasion when it's been raining to do a quick repair on my rig.....luckily I have a 3 bay station that houses a rescue unit, an engine, and a spare engine.......so when the spare is in service at another station I can park my rig inside......as far as changing an alternator......it shouldn't be that hard to do......but do some do diligence and find out for sure it's the alternator and not the battery or lose connections.......I believe there may be a write up on how to RR an alternator on a JK out there on another forum not 100% sure though.....do a search and you should find it......Hopefully you'll get things squared away and your rig back on the road soon...:thumb:

~Woodrow~

Last edited:

Firewrangler

Actually with the city and a volunteer dept in the county. All is well though. It was indeed just a battery. I was told awhile back that the battery had a bad cell. Guess this lovely ice storm was just what the battery needed to crap on out. New interstate battery in place though and I'm back in business.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Solid!.....good to hear things worked out for you and it was just the battery.......Keep fighting the good fight brother......and stay safe out there.

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom