PDA

View Full Version : Which Wiring Harnesses Work With 50" LED Light Bars?

LeJerk
01-30-2014, 12:37 AM
For those of you that didn't get wiring with your 50" LED Light Bar, what wiring harness did you buy? I see the one by Rigid and a bunch on eBay from unknown manufacturers.

What works, and what works best? My bar has a short lead and bare wires on the end.

Manufacturers and vendors feel free to show me what you got! Either in this thread or you can PM me.

OverlanderJK
01-30-2014, 12:40 AM
You could make your own harness if you can do a little bit of electrical work.

Just need some wire, couple fuses, relay, terminals, crimp connectors, a switch and some heat shrink. That's all the wiring harness will come with.

JayKay
01-30-2014, 01:37 AM

Just need some wire, couple fuses, relay, terminals, crimp connectors, a switch and some heat shrink. That's all the wiring harness will come with.

What OverlanderJK said. You'll save a lot of money making your own. Plus you might have material left for future lighting plans

chuckt62
01-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Rigid uses the Deutsche style connectors (DT variety I think) on the cubes so the 50 probably uses the same. I haven't found any of the ebay harnesses with that connector so if you go DIY you'll need to source a mate or cut/splice something else. It's also heavier gauge wire than most generic harness so I'd just get the real thing $25 MSRP.

You can find the actual Rigid harness for under $30 shipped all over the net.

...what brand bar is it?

c

Sharkey
01-30-2014, 02:32 AM

Says the electrician. :cheesy:

OverlanderJK
01-30-2014, 02:37 AM
Says the electrician. :cheesy:

:yup: I learned from the best. Thanks MTG.

:cheesy: