Fast Blinker - with OEM Front blinker and EVO Corners and LED

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I jump in the jeep today to go do some mall crawling and I use the right blinker to turn out onto the street and I notice it's blinking super fast. I've had this happen in the past when a bulb was out in the JK and in previous cars. When I got to my destination I checked both the front and rear lights and both were fine.

Now I have the EVO rear corners with their standard LED brake light. Both modes were working fine - brake light and running light. I'm a little perplexed as to what might be causing my issue. I've had the current setup for almost 2 years now. Left blinker works fine.

Any one have any suggestions as to what to look for?

munstie

Isn't there a in line capacitor or diode or something like that, did it maybe go bad on you.

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

JKFlyer

U need a resistor on each evo rear led. They should have told u when u bought. $10 each. X 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
U need a resistor on each evo rear led. They should have told u when u bought. $10 each. X 2

This. The LEDs without resistors present a very low load to the system, making the jeep THINK the bulb is out, thus, the hyperblink. You need the proper resistors to ensure all is well.

MTG

Caught the Bug

This. The LEDs without resistors present a very low load to the system, making the jeep THINK the bulb is out, thus, the hyperblink. You need the proper resistors to ensure all is well.

He's had this for two years as he said in his first post.

chuckt62

They're supposed to ship with the resistors so if they've been working for 2 years they probably lost connection. Either wiring or they might have fried internally if not mounted properly to metal for heatsinking.

c

MTG

Caught the Bug
LoPo the resistors get super hot...look for a melted wire before you pull everything out.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
They're supposed to ship with the resistors so if they've been working for 2 years they probably lost connection. Either wiring or they might have fried internally if not mounted properly to metal for heatsinking.

c

LoPo the resistors get super hot...look for a melted wire before you pull everything out.

Thanks, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Don't use your blinkers. :thumb:

You can always use hand signals:D

Sent from the"Zone of Influence"

Good points.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
As stated, it probably burnt out. Resistors eat a lot of heat, and 2 years is a pretty good amount of time. Try swapping the resistors (left to right) and see if the hyperblink problem moves.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Drew had one 'laying around' the shop he's sending out to me today for $50. :cheesy:

Top Bottom