Beefed up Dana 30???

CharlieK

My first plan was to swap out my Dana 30 for a 44. I do some wheeling, but nothing crazy at this point. I have just ordered my ARB lockers to go with my 488 gears. I am currently running 35's but plan on going with 37's when I can. I have read several other posts that talk about just beefing the Dana 30. I have looked at the EVO Magnum 44 kit sleeves and gussets. So I guess my question is since I won't be doing hard core wheeling at this point, do I beef up the 30 or wait and get the 44? If I do beef up the 30 any suggestions what I should use?

Flatattack

I gave my D30 the EVO treatment along with Synergy ball joints . I'm happy with the result. I feel pretty comfortable running my 35's here in flat land Florida.

BBG

My first plan was to swap out my Dana 30 for a 44. I do some wheeling, but nothing crazy at this point. I have just ordered my ARB lockers to go with my 488 gears. I am currently running 35's but plan on going with 37's when I can. I have read several other posts that talk about just beefing the Dana 30. I have looked at the EVO Magnum 44 kit sleeves and gussets. So I guess my question is since I won't be doing hard core wheeling at this point, do I beef up the 30 or wait and get the 44? If I do beef up the 30 any suggestions what I should use?

D30 are fine I say wheel on them until you brake um ...... my wife has been wheel hers for over a year now...... We go wheeling twice a month she and she's a lot harder on her jeep than me hasn't broke anything yet and that's with out gussets or sleeves on 35's .......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BBG

Just save for those pr44's until then:thumbup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'd suggest just doing gussets on your D30 and start saving for a PR44.

I totally agree with what atch said. Just do some gussets and save for a PR44. That's what I'm currently doing.

Sent from my iPhone

David1tontj

Don't waste money with sleeves. My brother sleeved his 44 and it still bent. On 35s and he thought he was being nice to it.. I say gussets and save for pr44

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

David1tontj

I don't think you mentioned if it was a Tj or jk.. Big difference. My opinion was for jk

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Atch

I don't think you mentioned if it was a Tj or jk.. Big difference. My opinion was for jk

His profile says he has a jk

Tranquillity

I'd just do C gusset it and would save for anything more HD, like a PR44. In fact that's what I'm doing. No point in bulletproofing a D30 when your R&P will still be your weak point.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
D30 are fine I say wheel on them until you brake um ...... my wife has been wheel hers for over a year now...... We go wheeling twice a month she and she's a lot harder on her jeep than me hasn't broke anything yet and that's with out gussets or sleeves on 35's .......

How hard is hard? My c's are bent and I have had c gussets.

Webe

I currently have a D30 on 35's. Both times out I have busted my ring & pinon. First time out I also twisted my drive line. Second time out I also bent my chrome molly shafts. I was even taking it easy too. Well if 4ft of snow is taking it easy anyways. I'm currently driving with the front gutted out while saving for the PR44.

Top Bottom