Physic's of impact oil filter.

jyazz06

I have a 2011 Rubicon, so anyway's I started my jeep after 3 day's of -15 weather when I noticed when I was going to leave there was smoke coming from under my hood when
I looked there was a pin hole squirting out oil filter so I had it towed to the dealer & he told me it was from the accident . Then I said what accident so I told him it was last week that it happened .I told him yeah it was hit in the left rear it just broke my tail light & plastic fender skirt , it wasn't a hard hit very minimal damage , is there some physic's of impact that can have all the force from the hit go straight to the oil filter to do that . there was no front end damage or hitting anything else or is he just doing it to get out of free service's . can anyone please let me know soon I have to go pick it up 1/31/14.

P.S the service advisor said he never heard of a oil filter doing that & engine did not shift at all if it did it would have to move about a foot to hit anything 3.8 engine.:yup:

thanx jyazz06:gaah:

Devallee

I can't think of any reason a minimal hit in the rear would damage anything in the engine compartment. Hopefully others will chime in but I just can't see it :thinking:

jeeeep

Hooked
:cheesy: yea and the flat tire I got pulling out of a dealer lot was caused when I ran over a pine needle last summer when I went to another state to visit my sister...

Did the dealer have a jar of vasoline on his desk and ask you to bend over and walk in backwards? :crazyeyes:

The excuses they come up with to avoid possibly having to replace anything for free

jyazz06

:cheesy: yea and the flat tire I got pulling out of a dealer lot was caused when I ran over a pine needle last summer when I went to another state to visit my sister...

Did the dealer have a jar of vasoline on his desk and ask you to bend over and walk in backwards? :crazyeyes:

The excuses they come up with to avoid possibly having to replace anything for free

Yeah they said there going to explain it to me tomorrow , sound like this is going to be a good one to argue over with .

Chapco

If this were true, there would be a ton of Jeeps broken down on every trail in america from pin holes in thier oil filters.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jyazz06

If this were true, there would be a ton of Jeeps broken down on every trail in america from pin holes in thier oil filters.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is true. but some of these service advisor's think they know every thing about Jeep's .
:cheesy:

Top Bottom