Re-Gear from 3.21 to ??

JKUx

So my 2008 JKU is a 6 speed man. with 3.21 gears; any one with this setup have experience with 4.56 or 4.88 gears and what lockers for D30 front D44 rear.
I'm running 35's and it's a daily with highway driving; according to the charts 4.56 should do just fine but down the road I would like to go to 37's, also are there reputable locations in jersey that are familiar to install these gear sets and lockers.
I'm new to this and would love everybody's input and what brand(s) they are most happy with.
Cheers!🍺
Erik

Tranquillity

Considering you have a D30 and run as DD here's what I'd do.

4.88, A true trac locker on front and ARB on the rear. Is your D30 reinforced yet?

:beer:

JKUx

Considering you have a D30 and run as DD here's what I'd do.

4.88, A true trac locker on front and ARB on the rear. Is your D30 reinforced yet?

:beer:

Great question; should I install gussets or sleeves, I wouldn't truss as it could warp the tube and that's the last thing I want...🍺

JKUx

Do gussets and regear to 4.88 or 5.13.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks cozdude:👍:
Is my current setup ok for RC
3" EVO plush coils/5100's w/RK front lower arms/track bar/quick discos and links...
I can't go next month (work) but hopefully soon after that!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks cozdude:👍:
Is my current setup ok for RC
3" EVO plush coils/5100's w/RK front lower arms/track bar/quick discos and links...
I can't go next month (work) but hopefully soon after that!

Yea it's fine. You can do a lot their. Hell you can do a lot when stock lol

Sent from my iPhone

Webe

I have 35's & 4.88 gears on a 6 speed manual. Just perfect. I think 5.13 would be to high for a daily driver. My original gears were 3.73

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Do gussets and regear to 4.88 or 5.13.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks cozdude::

i want to add to what i said above.

since you have a 2008 4.88 or 5.13 is your best bet for sure. since you have a D30 as well i would suggest that you add gussets and when you regear to leave the front open. also i see that you are running 35's now, are you thinking of ever going to 37's?

JKUx

i want to add to what i said above.

since you have a 2008 4.88 or 5.13 is your best bet for sure. since you have a D30 as well i would suggest that you add gussets and when you regear to leave the front open. also i see that you are running 35's now, are you thinking of ever going to 37's?

Yes I'd love to run 37's down the road, so I'd like to be ready for them and I'd like to do it efficiently so I don't invest to much to a D30 so I can save up for a P44...

JKUx

I have 35's & 4.88 gears on a 6 speed manual. Just perfect. I think 5.13 would be to high for a daily driver. My original gears were 3.73

Perfect; just what I wanted to know regarding 6speed setup, thanks man!🍺

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes I'd love to run 37's down the road, so I'd like to be ready for them and I'd like to do it efficiently so I don't invest to much to a D30 so I can save up for a P44...

i want to do 37's and a pro rock down the line as well. here is what i did. i have 5.13's in my d30/d44. 5.13's are the perfect ratio for 37's. also when i get the pr44 i can order it with 5.13's and a front locker that way i dont have to pay for it all again. now putting 5.13 in the d30 is not recommended at all becuase it leaves the ring and pinion small but i am willing to take a chance of them and the d30 not failing before i get the PR. the way to help keep the ring and pinion as large as possible is to leave the front open. mine is left open up front but i locked the rear when i did the regear.

the order i would purchace everything in is -
1. gears
2. PR44
3. 37's

this is my :twocents: on what you should do.

edit- i take most of this back as i see you have a manual. i would go 4.88 not 5.13 but still take some of what i said into consideration

Last edited:

JKUx

i want to do 37's and a pro rock down the line as well. here is what i did. i have 5.13's in my d30/d44. 5.13's are the perfect ratio for 37's. also when i get the pr44 i can order it with 5.13's and a front locker that way i dont have to pay for it all again. now putting 5.13 in the d30 is not recommended at all becuase it leaves the ring and pinion small but i am willing to take a chance of them and the d30 not failing before i get the PR. the way to help keep the ring and pinion as large as possible is to leave the front open. mine is left open up front but i locked the rear when i did the regear.

the order i would purchace everything in is -
1. gears
2. PR44
3. 37's

this is my :twocents: on what you should do.

edit- i take most of this back as i see you have a manual. i would go 4.88 not 5.13 but still take some of what i said into consideration

Lol thanks for the valuable :two cents:
I appreciate it! 🍻

Top Bottom