Early upgrades

TennJK

I am a new guy with a limited budget. I have a 4 door 2008 JKU and am looking for some great cheap starting upgrades. Currently running 33 inch tires and looking to lift. What are some of your guys' recommendations?

Last edited:

pacountryboy

It depends on how you plan to use your jeep. If your gonna mainly use it for DD and just want a little lift for the 33's I'd say leveling kit or budget boost.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

TennJK

It depends on how you plan to use your jeep. If your gonna mainly use it for DD and just want a little lift for the 33's I'd say leveling kit or budget boost.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

I was planning on doing weekend trail riding. Not rocks or anything that involves a huge lift. Also a lot of mud slinging. That's what everyone around here enjoys!

pacountryboy

I'd recommend the BB then....basically a spacer lift. It will keep your ride quality the same. If you want to do a coil lift, I would say ride in a few JK's that are lifted to get a feel of what you would like, that is if you can. Reason I say this is I just put on a tf 2.5 coil lift with shock adapters. It's a little rough for my taste but it will do until I save up for the setup I want.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

pacountryboy

Another cheap way to get a little more on top of a BB is to swap springs from a used rubi. Check the for sale section on here, guys are always selling rubi springs and shocks.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

TennJK

Another cheap way to get a little more on top of a BB is to swap springs from a used rubi. Check the for sale section on here, guys are always selling rubi springs and shocks.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

Thanks for the help! Should I have to worry about drive shaft problems with the 2.5" lift?

pacountryboy

I'm sure someone else will chime in, or they may be something in the stickies but for 2.5 the JK's should be fine. I don't own a 4 door so I hardly read up and educate myself on their specifics but iirc if you go higher than 2.5 you'll have to look into front drive shafts. Not sure if it can be solved with adj. control arms or not...not to sound like a dick but check out the stickies section... I've learned ALOT reading them before I started making decisions for my rig.

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

BBG

Thanks for the help! Should I have to worry about drive shaft problems with the 2.5" lift?

You don't half ta worry about drive shafts until you go over 3 inches of lift

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK-PoundinPDX

I'm on 4.5 with factory drive lines and it's perfect still and I wheel the crap out if mine full flex n all. However I do have new ones in the mail 😉 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391166659.007180.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391166716.902905.jpg

JK-PoundinPDX

Oh and I'm running the teraflex fox tuned shocks in a 5-6 in lift and I moved the rear shock bracket up 1.5 inch so I have even more travel and no problems

Landman

My 13 JKU is on a 2.5 lift and 35s on stock drive shafts. Although I haven't stuffed the tires all the way I've had no issues or vibrations mot associated with tires ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

904Jeep

You don't half ta worry about drive shafts until you go over 3 inches of lift

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

This is true although coil lifts will yield more lift then advertised. Unless the OP runs a coil spacer then he will be over 3" without things like steel bumpers, a winch, etc..

pacountryboy

My first Mod was the "Dimple" mod - sets your Jeep apart from others. :clap2:

I had a half dimple mod when I bought mine... Passenger side was still Virgin...until my buddy offered to take my door off....now it matches. Nothing a wayalife cowl decal can't help cover

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

I had a half dimple mod when I bought mine... Passenger side was still Virgin...until my buddy offered to take my door off....now it matches. Nothing a wayalife cowl decal can't help cover

Keep Calm & Chive On
07 X with stuff

Not mine, I PROUDLY display mine:D

We Are Jeep..Resistance Is Futile..

Top Bottom