Blinker Fluid Low!

Devallee

My front left blinker (on the grille) is not working anymore. The bulb is fine, I tried it on the other side and it worked and I also tried another bulb in the non functioning side and it still doesn't work. How do I find out what it could be? All I can think of is that its the part that actually holds the bulb (idk what it's called), but could it be anything else? Has anybody had this problem? Or do I have to suffer the wrath of the stealership to get this thing working? I'm in Los Angeles 9 months out of the year for school so my blinkers are pretty important for these terrible drivers out here. I should also note that it randomly stopped working. I haven't been wheeling or had any water or anything in there in a couple months and it's been working fine until one day I went to unlock the Jeep and noticed that side didn't flash. The bulbs are LEDs and I can see some of the diodes trying with all their might to light up when it's plugged in but I can't get it to light up completely. It simply looks like there's just not enough power getting to the bulb for some reason. Any help?

pvanweelden

The part that the bulb goes in is called the socket. Sounds like that would be your problem, since the bulb works on the other side.
you can try to make sure that all the metal contacts inside the socket are still projecting out slightly to initiate contact when the bulb is pushed in.
otherwise you can buy the socket from the dealership or online and replace it.

liljohn850

Un plug the harness in the back. Spray some electrical cleaner and push the plug as far as you can until it "clicks"

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

Top Bottom