PDA

View Full Version : Building rock sliders, 2 door pic request (so that I can rip off EVO)

Holeshot
02-01-2014, 01:51 PM
I am about to start the build of a pair of rock sliders for my 2 door. I am a big fan of the evo sliders, but don't have the money to buy them, So I will build them. It's gonna cost around 60$ of material.

I will buy 24 feets of 1.66" x 0.140" HSS tubing which costs around 1.80$/ft. plus 2 square feets of 3/16" steel plate.

I have been looking for detailed pics but haven't found what I was looking for. I would like to see both ends, plus the mountings on the frame. Just to give me an idea of where they are welded and how the braces are build.

:standing wave:

pvanweelden
02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
I applaud that you are building your own sliders. :thumbup:
I do want to point out however, that Evo uses Dom tubing, not hss or hrew pipe. Dom is usually $6 per foot, and about 36 feet of it=$216 in dom alone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

pvanweelden
02-01-2014, 03:24 PM
My example was for a 4 door, not 2 door, sorry

JayKay
02-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I am about to start the build of a pair of rock sliders for my 2 door. I am a big fan of the evo sliders, but don't have the money to buy them, So I will build them. It's gonna cost around 60$ of material.

I will buy 24 feets of 1.66" x 0.140" HSS tubing which costs around 1.80$/ft. plus 2 square feets of 3/16" steel plate.

I have been looking for detailed pics but haven't found what I was looking for. I would like to see both ends, plus the mountings on the frame. Just to give me an idea of where they are welded and how the braces are build.

Great job building your own sliders! I have the tools and capability to build my own, unfortunately I don't have the patience. I would definitely spend the money and use DOM tubing. It'll be worth it in the end, especially if you consider the time you'll have in them, don't want to have to re do them later.

Rebel JK
02-01-2014, 04:01 PM
I have a few pics of the set me and my son did on profile page album. Not sure what style your looking for but good luck!

Rusty
02-01-2014, 04:09 PM
There is the fact though that DOM tubing in certain sizes is rare thing in Quebec, and schedule 40 and schedule 80 pressure tested sprinkler system pipe is easily available.

I just bought a 23’ of Dom 1.75” .120 tubing up here and it cost me 11.90$ / foot... At least it says Made in the USA... So it’s not cheap Chinese steel.

Congrates on building your own sliders Holeshot... BTW one day I will have to drive up there so we could do a run...

pvanweelden
02-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Holy crap! $11.90! :mad:

Rusty
02-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Holy crap! $11.90! :mad:

At that price you definitely think twice before cutting... lol

Holeshot
02-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Hss is strong enough im pretty sure. I'll be using 0.020" thicker tubing with an OD of 0.011" smaller than the EVO one's. I'm pretty sure it will last the life of the jeep. I'm no hard core wheeler and rock trails are rare around here, so I don't beleive puttin 250+$ in DOM is primordial. At this price I would buy a set of Ace weld on sliders which are very similar as EVO in design and won't break my back and time doing it myself.

I got plenty of time, and 60$ for a pair of customized sliders is cheap :standing wave:

Holeshot
02-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Congrates on building your own sliders Holeshot... BTW one day I will have to drive up there so we could do a run...

yeah sure! A friend of mine is moving up in Qc city in a month and we'll meet a couple times in the summer. We'd like to go somewhere in the laurentides with the CJA club or whoever do trails in this area.

Mikes Offroad
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Here are the EVO inspired ones I built for my 4dr. I used DOM tubing.

pvanweelden
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
Nice job Mike! :thumbup:

Holeshot
02-01-2014, 05:35 PM
FYI, my stinger is also made of hss, 1.900" x 1.145" and has faced a brick wall and rear ended a ram, no bending, pretty solid.

pvanweelden
02-01-2014, 05:44 PM
I wasn't arguing the strength, I agree with what you are doing, I am in the process of doing the exact same thing, I just wanted to point out to others the difference in materials and price.

Mikes Offroad
02-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Nice job Mike! :thumbup:

Thanks pvanweelden, It feels good when you can build your own stuff.

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Alright, the material has been ordered this week. A friend of mine will built a set as well. He works in a wood mill as an industrial mechanic, and they do have HSS tubing. We ordered 63 foot for both sets, they comes in 21 foot bars. So we'll have plenty of left over for practice or mistakes :D. At his shop, Hss 1,66x0,140 comes at the ridiculous price of 1.30$ a foot. 2 squared feet of 3/16 steel plate will cost 12,50$.

We have access to plasma cutter, and carbide hole saw and a press drill :thumb: it's gonna be a piece of cake.

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 02:15 PM
I have been asked for measurements a few times so i decided to post a draft of the dimensions i took on my friends sliders.

I was short in space on that piece of paper but it should do the job.

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Here we go

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I have just finished my 3D plan, with my new personal logo. will chek to get them laser cut maybe :thinking: it would be nice.

And if anyone could take me some measurement on the evo 4dr slider it would be appriciated. The measurements i would need are :

- the total lenght of the bottom tube
- Distance between the center tubes (center to center)
- Distance from the sides and in between each slider to frame tubes (side to center, and center to center)

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 03:51 PM
So you took the exact measurements from EVO sliders and are making them with your logo? That's very original. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep
03-08-2014, 03:53 PM
So you took the exact measurements from EVO sliders and are making them with your logo? That's very original. :crazyeyes:

No shame....

MTG
03-08-2014, 03:55 PM
You spelt EVO wrong. :doh: :grayno:

piginajeep
03-08-2014, 03:55 PM
I have just finished my 3D plan, with my new personal logo. will chek to get them laser cut maybe :thinking: it would be nice.

And if anyone could take me some measurement on the evo 4dr slider it would be appriciated. The measurements i would need are :

- the total lenght of the bottom tube
- Distance between the center tubes (center to center)
- Distance from the sides and in between each slider to frame tubes (side to center, and center to center)

You even copied the holes from the Evo slider mount plate!!'

JAGS
03-08-2014, 04:02 PM
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^
So NOT really EVO inspired, but EVO knock offs made with cheap steel.:yup: And you're posting your;) work here. All good decisions :crazyeyes:

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:06 PM
ok guys don't hate on me.

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own/friend's rig only.

Yes, they are a copy of the evo, but guess what, I am certainly not the only one who did this to save money. I can do a pair for less than 100$, I have the time and skills to do it, so why not.

Yes, I took the measurements off a real Evo slider, why try to change something that works. It is simpler like this.

Sharkey
03-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Wow, just wow. :disappointed:

What's next? Are you going to design and build your own "Holeshotlever"?

Cool that you have the skills to build stuff, sucks balls that it's not your own stuff.

MTG
03-08-2014, 04:09 PM
And if anyone could take me some measurement on the evo 4dr slider it would be appriciated.

Why do you need the measurements for a four door when you have a JK? Planning on selling these?

Holeshot
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^
So NOT really EVO inspired, but EVO knock offs made with cheap steel.:yup: And you're posting your;) work here. All good decisions :crazyeyes:

come on man, don't say I'm a dick for doing this. Hss is no cheap steel, do some research and you will find that this is used probably a lot more than DOM in the industrial world.

If all that piss you so much, I'll just stop posting on that forum. I share my work to maybe help the guys who want to do the same thing. If you're not agree just pass your way to another thread.

OverlanderJK

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own rig only.

Yes, they are a copy of the evo, but guess what, I am certainly not the only one who did this to save money. I can do a pair for less than 100$, I have the time and skills to do it, so why not.

Yes, I took the measurements off a real Evo slider, why try to change something that works. It is simpler like this.

LOL! Yeah that sure is unique.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 04:10 PM

I do that model only because I love the design, and they are easy to do with simple tools. I will not do production of that, its for my own personal use only. I put my logo, which represent my unique work on my own rig only.

Relax relax tiger(no homo) they just messing with you

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Why do you need the measurements for a four door when you have a JK? Planning on selling these?

no man, I do this with my friend who has a 4 door, and mine's a 2 door. The friend that works in the wood mill and the one who has ordered the tubings.

piginajeep
03-08-2014, 04:11 PM

I can respect that you are building your own parts. But at least change it up a bit more than that.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 04:11 PM
come on man, don't say I'm a dick for doing this. Hss is no cheap steel, do some research and you will find that this is used probably a lot more than DOM in the industrial world.

If all that piss you so much, I'll just stop posting on that forum. I share my work to maybe help the guys who want to do the same thing. If you're not agree just pass your way to another thread.

Lmao!!!!!!!!! Why people are whining so much this days

MTG
03-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Check out my custom sliders!

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 04:14 PM

:cheesy: that's funny stuff!

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Alright, I got it.

You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

JAGS
03-08-2014, 04:20 PM

I didn't call you a dick, but if the sleeve fits.

Even Pvan pointed out the DOM steel notation. So call it what you want.

Probably shouldn't have started a thread asking for pics of sliders for a company we all actually spend our hard earned money to support.

As others have noted, NOT YOUR work.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ingenuity from many folks on here like Pvan, Sharkey, Kreiger, and many others. It's one thing to get creative inspiration from a product and go from there. Another to do CAD renderings with exact copy-cat scale. I think this is what gets to most of us.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Alright, I got it.

You all claim that this forum is better than others by saying we're like a familly. Familly don't hate.

You have the money to spend 700$ on sliders, thats fine and I respect that. I never been disrespectfull in anyway, so quit bitching.

We are not the ones bitching:thinking:

FYI this forum is better hands down ;)

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I didn't call you a dick, but if the sleeve fits.

Even Pvan pointed out the DOM steel notation. So call it what you want.

Probably shouldn't have started a thread asking for pics of sliders for a company we all actually spend our hard earned money to support.

As others have noted, NOT YOUR work.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ingenuity from many folks on here like Pvan, Sharkey, Kreiger, and many others. It's one thing to get creative inspiration from a product and go from there. Another to do CAD renderings with exact copy-cat scale. I think this is what gets to most of us.

I understand you guys, trying to protect these well implanted american companies. If I had the money, you can be sure I wouldn't even think about doing them myself. It would have been a pleasure to order a pair to put on my rig. But I don't have that much money to put on sliders.

I sure do like this design, and thats why I will do it this way.

JAGS
03-08-2014, 04:32 PM

Those are bad ass. Do you make them in a 2dr version. I know a guy looking. Well, for measurements. Lol.

- Jason

Rusty
I would do slight changes in the design more than just the logo.. as to make them really yours... although the EVO’s (which I have.. AND BTW my jeep is decked in evo gear so please don’t hate on me) are proven to work under extreme conditions. I’ve come down HARD in them and dented one of the up and down tubes pretty bad... and nothing... they didn’t move an inch :clap2:

AS for one Holeshot.. as I’m already thinking about doing some modifications to them to cover the Evo logo on the side because of the terrain, it’s a pain the and ass to get the mud and other crap out of there...Especially road salt... So my suggestion to you... leave them closed...

CarsonCindy
Alright, I got it.

These are the people you are disrespecting! They are my friends and are big supporters of this forum.

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:35 PM
I can respect that you are building your own parts. But at least change it up a bit more than that.

Ok in this case, give me suggestions that can be done with simple tools.

MTG
03-08-2014, 04:37 PM
I understand you guys, trying to protect these well implanted american companies. If I had the money, you can be sure I wouldn't even think about doing them myself. It would have been a pleasure to order a pair to put on my rig. But I don't have that much money to put on sliders.

I sure do like this design, and thats why I will do it this way.

It's not about whether you have the money or not, it's about you coming on here and asking for people to provide you measurements for a product made by people who are close personal friends of the people who run this forum (and a few other people on here). Why didn't you just email EVO and ask for the CAD drawings?

What did you think was going to happen? Everyone bow down and say how wonderful you are? Congratulations you can use CAD software and can weld. :thumb: Maybe next time just do it and keep it to yourself?

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:38 PM
If he really is just doing a one off for his own personal use.. and not selling it to others, I donít really see the problem however, I would do slight changes in the design more than just the logo.. as to make them really yours... although the EVOís (which I have.. AND BTW my jeep is decked in evo gear so please donít hate on me) are proven to work under extreme conditions. Iíve come down HARD in them and dented one of the up and down tubes pretty bad... and nothing... they didnít move an inch :clap2:

AS for one Holeshot.. as Iím already thinking about doing some modifications to them to cover the Evo logo on the side because of the terrain, itís a pain the and ass to get the mud and other crap out of there...Especially road salt... So my suggestion to you... leave them closed...

good call, Closed they will be.

if you guys have any suggestion in design modification, feel free to share.

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM

I'll forward this on to Mel and Drew and they can tell you what they would do differently.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 04:43 PM

Lol now you try to play it cool? You will have a long day waiting for the new designs my friend

Rusty
03-08-2014, 04:43 PM
You could also instead of using plate on the ends use pipe at the required angle...

Just saying there are hundreds of different ways to make them your own without making a carbon copy.

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 04:46 PM
It's not about whether you have the money or not, it's about you coming on here and asking for people to provide you measurements for a product made by people who are close personal friends of the people who run this forum (and a few other people on here). Why didn't you just email EVO and ask for the CAD drawings?

What did you think was going to happen? Everyone bow down and say how wonderful you are? Congratulations you can use CAD software and can weld. :thumb: Maybe next time just do it and keep it to yourself?

you can be sure I won't share at all. I asked for measurements only because i want to make them fit good. That's all.

If we take this example in another domain. Lets say, a house. Ok, a friend of your's have bought a new house from X company. You wanted to build your's for a while and like that design. Now you go to your friends house and take that design to build your own house. Wouldn't it have been different?. No one would say you've been disrespectfull of that X company because you made yours on their design.

In another point of view, I would have been flatered someone did their own with my design. That would just say you have done something people like.

TheDuff
03-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Not slider related, but I figured I would share my just completed 3D image of my teraflex tire carrier clone. Gonna work on the actual reproduction after lunch:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 04:50 PM

If your family won't tell you when you're doing something wrong, who will?

As Cindy said, Mel and Lisa are our personal friends and are big supporters of WAYALIFE. While nobody can stop you from ripping off a design that they've invested a lot of their time and money to develop, it is they you are disrespecting and by virtue of it, me as well. I've known Mel and Lisa since they first got started and know how hard they have worked to get to where they are now. In spite of what you may think, it hasn't always been an easy road and they have mouths to feed just as much as you. If you respect me, I would be grateful if you would please change your design enough to make it truly yours.

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
you can be sure I won't share at all. I asked for measurements only because i want to make them fit good. That's all.

If you wanted to make your own they use your own measurements. In my opinion just because you can weld doesn't mean you can fabricate. Fabrication is everything.

If we take this example in another domain. Lets say, a house. Ok, a friend of your's have bought a new house from X company. You wanted to build your's for a while and like that design. Now you go to your friends house and take that design to build your own house. Wouldn't it have been different?. No one would say you've been disrespectfull of that X company because you made yours on their design.

Not even close to the same thing. People buy blueprints for homes and or design them. You would go to a house and take measurements of everything.

In another point of view, I would have been flatered someone did their own with my design. That would just say you have done something people like.

Flattered that someone took money out of their pocket? Not hardly.

ttfhell
03-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Pretty sure the designer and builder from X company would have something to say. You are your own Smittybilt. Disappointed.

Rusty
03-08-2014, 04:54 PM
you could also follow the pattern of trussing, and make triangles the whole way since you do have enough pipe.. this design should also be brick solide... As we use it in the entertainment industry to hang thousands of pounds above your heads for concerts and corporate events.

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 04:56 PM

How easy it is to say when you've invested NOTHING to design and develop these rocker guards.

Sharkey
03-08-2014, 04:58 PM

It's funny you use that example. If you copy the design of another custom home, chances are fair that you will get sued either by the owner of the home (if the owner purchased the rights to the plan), or by the architect (in many cases, they retain intellectual property rights).

Intellectual property rights are part of the very fabric of what makes America a place of entrepreneurial excellence.

You have the skills to build...create, don't replicate.

CarsonCindy
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM

How about you send Mel (Off Road Evolution (http://wayalife.com/member.php?5301-Off-Road-Evolution)) a pm to ask him if he is flattered that you took his design. :naw:

jeeeep
03-08-2014, 05:23 PM
building your own from inspiration of an existing design and copying (taking measurements and basically stealing someone's design) are so far apart I can't begin to understand why you would post this as If you're creating some original design and then continue to ask for additional ideas!

If I were you I'd stop posting and go about your business without ever posting your finished stolen non-original idea or...the better thing, create something completely different that's not an exact measurement of someone's hard work.

I get it, many things are created based on inspiration from other things but to make a clone is not creating anything new.

What will others think of EVO if your copy-cat sliders fail and they think you are running EVO brand??

Tigrcky
03-08-2014, 05:31 PM
this has inspired me to go and make a jeep exactly like the new JKs except for one modification instead of saying jeep it will say Tig... please applaud me! :clap2::thumb:

Hightower
03-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Not cool to copy peoples hard work bro. :grayno:

Brankz
03-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Hahahah I think this dude is Latino lol, WE fake everything

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Never pretended it was my design, never pretended they would be as strong. Neither claimed that I would say it was evo if they fail.

I'm out of here. Tired of people trying to push you down, tired of that over protective behaviour.

WOL, you have the permission to delete my damn profile if you wish to. Won't come back anyways.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Never pretended it was my design, never pretended they would be as strong. Neither claimed that I would say it was evo if they fail.

I'm out of here. Tired of people trying to push you down, tired of that over protective behaviour.

WOL, you have the permission to delete my damn profile if you wish to. Won't come back anyways.

Don't go just forget about faking Evo sliders and call it a day and we'll be all happy

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 05:56 PM

Never really the point I think a lot of us were trying to make.

And I'm tired of people who become drama queens just because they got caught stealing. You could just as easily admit that what you are doing is wrong, change up what you're doing and move on. I don't know anyone here who would push you down for being a man and taking responsibility for your actions. For me, I make no apologies for being protective of my friends.

Holeshot, you assume I need your permission to do anything here on my forum. As for you, leaving is your choice to make.

Bearjew1
03-08-2014, 06:03 PM
sorry to see you go man :cheesy: just my :twocents:

Holeshot
03-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Never really the point I think a lot of us were trying to make.

And I'm tired of people who become drama queens just because they got caught stealing. You could just as easily admit that what you are doing is wrong, change up what you're doing and move on. I don't know anyone here who would push you down for being a man and taking responsibility for your actions. For me, I make no apologies for being protective of my friends.

Holeshot, you assume I need your permission to do anything here on my forum. As for you, leaving is your choice to make.

ho man, I totally assume what I do. I know its not right for some, but honnestly, I live and let others live. So what others think or do is not my problem eventhough it wouldnt be legal or correct.

ciao bye.

:twocents:

Brankz
03-08-2014, 06:10 PM
ho man, I totally assume what I do. I know its not right for some, but honnestly, I live and let others live. So what others think or do is not my problem eventhough it wouldnt be legal or correct.

ciao bye.

Just just go man. Go cry to you mama that you got cough faking people products

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 06:10 PM
ho man, I totally assume what I do.

Clearly.

I know its not right for some, but honnestly, I live and let others live.

Too bad for you that this is my forum and not yours. What you are doing is WRONG in my eyes and really, that's all that matters here.

So what others think or do is not my problem eventhough it wouldnt be legal or correct.

Wow... I mean, just wow. It's a shame that you own a Jeep.

ciao bye.

For the love of god, just leave already. Better yet, your welcome here is over and I will just send you on your way.

Tigrcky
03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
ho man, I totally assume what I do.

Clearly.

I know its not right for some, but honnestly, I live and let others live.

Too bad for you that this is my forum and not yours. What you are doing is WRONG in my eyes and really, that's all that matters here.

So what others think or do is not my problem eventhough it wouldnt be legal or correct.

Wow... I mean, just wow. It's a shame that you own a Jeep.

ciao bye.

For the love of god, just leave already. Better yet, your welcome here is over and I will just send you on your way.

dang it adam and i were just getting our crime fighting suits on! :cheesy:

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Ya know, I got to thinking about this more and it occurred to me that the name Holeshot rang a bell. Looking back through my old messages, I found the following PM I got from him back on 12/21/2012...

Hi Eddie,

My friend and I are starting a fab shop and, it's been a couple days that our first product we made together is finished and we already have lots of people asking if it's gonna for sale or in production in a near future. I was asking myself if it would be possible to promote these on your forum.

thanks

Alex.

So in other words, this whole time you were just pretending to be just some regular member looking to make his own rocker guards and to save some money while all along, you were purposefully looking for help to RIP OFF EVO so that you could make their rocker guards and sell them in Canada. It really is no wonder why you got so defensive over all this. You my friend are SHAMELESS.

piginajeep
03-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Ya know, I got to thinking about this more and it occurred to me that the name Holeshot rang a bell. Looking back through my old messages, I found the following PM I got from him back on 12/21/2012...

So in other words, this whole time you were just pretending to be just some regular member looking to make his own rocker guards and to save some money while all along, you were purposefully looking for help to RIP OFF EVO so that you could make their rocker guards and sell them in Canada. It really is no wonder why you got so defensive over all this. You my friend are SHAMELESS.

I'm sure this thread was a lead to a future plug for his company. Now I feel bad for being nice.

Rusty
03-08-2014, 06:50 PM

WOW... I just donít know what to say anymore... we really donít know whoís people are anymore...

ttfhell
03-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Is this the new Canadian Rebel Bunker?
Seems to have some similarities.

Rusty
03-08-2014, 06:54 PM
Rebel bunker?

Brankz
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
He posted a pic with the name of he's company but I don't see it no more

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 06:56 PM
WOW... I just donít know what to say anymore... we really donít know whoís people are anymore...

Well, thanks to his CAD image, I think we at least know that his company is called "AOD". Look for it in a Canadian Off Road shop near you. :rolleyes2:

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 06:57 PM
He posted a pic with the name of he's company but I don't see it no more

I saved a copy of it...

Brankz
03-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I saved a copy of it...

Nice!!!!! Lol let me FBI this

(Fantastic brankZ investigation. lol)

Sharkey

Seriously? Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything these days but, damn.

I hope this SOB gets exactly what is coming to him. Some people have no shame.

Atch
Some people's kids, I absolutely hate these asshats that think it's ok to steal another company's design! Make something truly YOUR own, not some POS knockoff!

OverlanderJK
I saved a copy of it...

Could be his name. His first name is Alexandra or something like that.

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 06:59 PM
The guy's name is Alexandre. I can only assume that the "O" and "D" stand for "Offroad Design". As if he actually "designed" anything :rolleyes2:

EDIT: Looks like Adam beat me to it

Conman
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Your logo sucks. It really needs some work.

Brankz
03-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Bingo lol

Sharkey
03-08-2014, 07:03 PM
Nope, it stands for Acquiring Other's Designs.

jeeeep
wow that's pretty low....

Brankz
Looks similar

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Being that this guy is BANNED and I could care less about what he thinks, I'd like to share a part of a final PM that he sent to me if only because I find it so amusing....

I have enough, delete that post.

this forum is filled with sheeps that follows the same pattern on each damn rig.

Oh yeah, we have a different visions of the facts, But I don't really care. I understand you want to protect your friends work, but don't be silly. I'm just the one that posted what I did. I've seen so many others do the same but just never shared.

The irony, to criticize this forum for being "filled with sheeps that follows the same pattern on each damn rig" and then in the same breath, try and defend your carbon copy of what all the so called sheep are following. I may be "silly" here but at least I have the only version of facts that matter.

Christarp
03-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Talk about slammed.. this is a whole new level of stealing.

Rusty
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Well, thanks to his CAD image, I think we at least know that his company is called "AOD". Look for it in a Canadian Off Road shop near you. :rolleyes2:

Thanks, he lives 5.5h’s away from me north bound so I doubt well hear anything about it down where I am..

However right now the current craze in Montreal for newbies is a dude who is making some of his own stuff and copies some of Poison Spyder’s and Rock hard stuff... only people who know this of course are the people who spend the time looking at parts long enough to see the difference. But people these days don’t care about honor anymore it’s all about $$$... it’s a shame I tell you.. I’m glad I still deal only with the real companies, and when they don’t have what it takes, I draw it out, buy the metal prep it, and get it welded.

If you interested to know about it Eddie, I’ll pm you the companies info.

Bearjew1
03-08-2014, 07:15 PM
hmmm...time to go pay that place a visit on the good ole interweb :rock:

Brankz
03-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Thanks, he lives 5.5hís away from me north bound so I doubt well hear anything about it down where I am..

However right now the current craze in Montreal for newbies is a dude who is making some of his own stuff and copies some of Poison Spyderís and Rock hard stuff... only people who know this of course are the people who spend the time looking at parts long enough to see the difference. But people these days donít care about honor anymore itís all about $$$... itís a shame I tell you.. Iím glad I still deal only with the real companies, and when they donít have what it takes, I draw it out, buy the metal prep it, and get it welded.

If you interested to know about it Eddie, Iíll pm you the companies info.

Shi* I'm saving all my pennies to get a real Evo stinger.

jeffd
03-08-2014, 07:25 PM
damn near everything is copied by all companies so more power to Holeshot for doing his own.

ttfhell
03-08-2014, 07:28 PM
damn near everything is copied by all companies so more power to Holeshot for doing his own.

True, if he did his own. He didn't.

Rusty
03-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Shi* I'm saving all my pennies to get a real Evo stinger.

Good thing too itís a really impressive piece of Steel... :thumb: I like how evoís designs are so simple almost industrial looking, but thats because they are highly functional products. Iíd say the only thing Iíve installed from them that made me scratch my head and even call EVO mfg to make sure it didnít get welded wrong or something... was my front long arm brackets... the upper arm that bolts vertically instead of a traditional horizontal.

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 07:33 PM

Wow, I suppose things like honesty and integrity really aren't qualities you care about but to actually encourage the outright theft of a design in this way... I won't lie, guys like you make me sick. Please spend more of your time on a forum that shares your value system.

Sharkey
03-08-2014, 07:33 PM

You are an :asshat:

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey jeffd, why are you still even here? Your name sounded familiar and doing a search, I found the following comment you made after I asked you to go wheeling with me....

I doubt you would want me along holding everybody up. I am not hard core heck Fins and things is about as daring as I get. Sorry if I offended you by liking the TF hinge. I will sulk away quietly never too post again...

Seems that among other things, you aren't even a man of your word. But then, what a surprise :naw:

Bearjew1
03-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Wow, I suppose things like honesty and integrity really aren't qualities you care about but to actually encourage the outright theft of a design in this way... I won't lie, guys like you make me sick. Please spend more of your time on a forum that shares your value system.

hmmm... i say f**k it,it's time to strap the ole ass kicking boots on and start cleaning house :D

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Jeffd or jeffy?

Bearjew1
03-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Jeffd or jeffy?

lmao that is funny

Strike Force Zebra
03-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Wow!!! I've got a big knot in my gut and pissed. Holeshot is a real hole alright. And Jeffd, dude, are you kidding? Kinda reminds me of the sPXX situation Eddie has shared recently. These guys need stopped!

jeffd
03-08-2014, 08:03 PM
I did not read most of the thread so maybe I missed something. The posts I read said he was building a rock slider based on a company that has rock sliders that look like about 1/2 the companies out there. If he broke a patent law I don't know but if he did not then too funny. I know guys like to make fun of me but after 55 years and fighting cancer I really don't care have a ball. I still have a few more rounds in me so have all the fun you want. As far as being honest yea I guess I will be judged shortly but for the most part I have tried to live a pretty honest life. Funny thing is I would still stop and help anyone of you who needed help.

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I did not read most of the thread so maybe I missed something. The posts I read said he was building a rock slider based on a company that has rock sliders that look like about 1/2 the companies out there. If he broke a patent law I don't know but if he did not then too funny. I know guys like to make fun of me but after 55 years and fighting cancer I really don't care have a ball. I still have a few more rounds in me so have all the fun you want. As far as being honest yea I guess I will be judged shortly but for the most part I have tried to live a pretty honest life. Funny thing is I would still stop and help anyone of you who needed help.

Curious who else has sliders that look like evo's?

Rusty
03-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I do!!!! oh wait they are EVOís... :cheesy:

Rccrwlr
03-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I know it's against the forum rules but wanted to share a company that I am starting. It's called RIP. We fab all kinds if stuff and the parts have prob been seen on a rig near u. Here is a pic of our newest creation that you can order from. Just pick a part and we will copy the design to exact specs for half the cost. No money goes to the original designer but so what!!

Give us a pm as we use a forum that someone else has paid for to do our business

olram30
03-08-2014, 08:10 PM
This guy is as shameless as vks stealing the evo design. Pretty sad..

ttfhell
Curious who else has sliders that look like evo's?

These. Strong and original.

TheDuff
I know it's against the forum rules but wanted to share a company that I am starting. It's called RIP. We fab all kinds if stuff and the parts have prob been seen on a rig near u. Here is a pic of our newest creation that you can order from. Just pick a part and we will copy the design to exact specs for half the cost. No money goes to the original designer but so what!!

Give us a pm as we use a forum that someone else has paid for to do our business

Oh sweet! I love RIP OFF road! :p:p:p:p

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12
03-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Phewf, thank god you've graciously given Eddie PERMISSION to delete you off of HIS forum. You need your overtly copyright infringing head checked kid. I honestly don't know where you get the balls to come onto THIS forum and ask for actual EVO product measurements and then act completely dumbfounded and victimized when friends of the company you are publically trying to rip off come to their defense? Were you dropped as a small child? Do you think I'd be lauded as a visionary and embraced if I walked into the Sistine Chapel with a shitload of tracing paper and then call myself an artist?

:asshat: :boohoo::crybaby::9lame:

In one sentence you've completely summed yourself up to me. :asshat:

Hack12
03-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Thank you for that window into your life. Now, what the heck does it have to do with this thread? :thinking:

wayoflife
03-08-2014, 08:16 PM
I did not read most of the thread so maybe I missed something. The posts I read said he was building a rock slider based on a company that has rock sliders that look like about 1/2 the companies out there. If he broke a patent law I don't know but if he did not then too funny.

You're still here? You my friend are a real class act.

I know guys like to make fun of me but after 55 years and fighting cancer I really don't care have a ball. I still have a few more rounds in me so have all the fun you want.

Of course you don't care. Doesn't sound like you care about much of anything but yourself.

As far as being honest yea I guess I will be judged shortly but for the most part I have tried to live a pretty honest life.

Oh please, get over yourself already. Nobody here is judging you, we're just calling it like we see it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that how you really look to everyone else. You can keep on living what you think is an honest life but clearly, you have a different understanding of the word than me.

Funny thing is I would still stop and help anyone of you who needed help.

How self-serving of you. You really are special. :naw:

Hack12
03-08-2014, 08:17 PM
These. Strong and original.

Figured jeffd may want to browse this over...

o∑rig∑i∑nal
əˈrijənl/Submit
adjective

present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.

created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation.

Hightower
03-08-2014, 08:32 PM

The Chines government makes the same argument for everything they steal, this isn't an Iphone its an Iphane :doh: these aren't as good as Nike's because they are Nikse :eek: You might be the first guy in history that is tired of someone having a friends back :rolleyes2: WOW you re a :asshat: .

JayKay
03-08-2014, 08:39 PM

Bought these sliders from Holeshot. Pulled up next to my grandpa's Z71 and noticed the sliders I bought look really close to DeeZee's design that are on grandpas truck :idontknow:

MTG
03-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Are the other jeep jk sites servers down or did the internet short bus just let off? What is it with people on here lately?

:idontknow:

Hack12
03-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Are the other jeep jk sites servers down or did the internet short bus just let off? What is it with people on here lately?

:idontknow:

Haha, X2. Lately, I don't get why everyone's first reaction is to say, "I'm done with this forum!" Then, shockingly, either they never leave or they all but force Eddie to show them the door.

Personal integrity seems to be severely lacking these days. :thinking:

JK's JK
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
It almost reminds me of these. These are there own style.

piginajeep
03-08-2014, 09:03 PM

Not really, slightly different but a copy, look at the feet plates, the 45 on the end of the tube, the side plate. Fuck them too

2trackin
03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Who cares if someone wants to make a similar item for their own rig? If that person has the means and skill to do so. Have at it. Not many people can. Now if they are trying to copy a product and sell it that is a different story. Just my two cents.
On the other hand I wouldn't advertise that my intent was to copy someone else's product, but rather use their product as an idea for my own personal concept.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hack12
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Who cares if someone wants to make a similar item for their own rig? If that person has the means and skill to do so. Have at it. Not many people can. Now if they are trying to copy a product and sell it that is a different story. Just my two cents.
On the other hand I wouldn't advertise that my intent was to copy someone else's product, but rather use their product as an idea for my own personal concept.

1. Just because someone has the skill set to do something does not mean they have the right to do it.

2. If you read through this entire thread you'd realize that copying and selling it seemed to be his EXACT intentions.

3. He was using the product as an idea? Oh, you mean like the type of ideas Milli Vanilli and Shia Labeouf had!

Sharkey
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM

First, did you even read the thread? He is opening a fab shop.

Second, make something your own or pay someone for their hard work. Copying under the guise of "I can't afford the original" is pretty lame in my book. Monkeys copy, humans create.

Heholua
03-08-2014, 09:37 PM

These are not their own style. I've been to this shop where I have seen the EVO slider that he copied sitting against a wall. No originality, reverse engineering or anything, just flat out theft.

Jiffy05
03-08-2014, 09:39 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people really are.

BigBoy
03-08-2014, 09:39 PM
This guy intended to make an exact copy, otherwise why couldn't he just walked out to his own Jeep and taken some measurements. For a fab shop, they are not going to make it if they can't use a measuring tape.

I personally like the design of the EVO sliders and would love to have some, but I also enjoy the satisfaction of making my own stuff. I have a design in mind that was inspired by the EVO, but will not be a copy by any means. In the end however, they will look similar.

Am I wrong here to do this? There are only so many ways you can make a slider before it will have to look the same to someone else's design. Look at LOD and JCR. Both make great sliders and both look very similar. A piece of round tube welded to a piece of square tube. How can you make sliders at home without copying a simple design that is already mainstream?

OverlanderJK
03-08-2014, 09:40 PM

There is no skill in stealing someone else's ideas.

JayKay
03-08-2014, 09:43 PM
First, did you even read the thread? He is opening a fab shop.

Second, make something your own or pay someone for their hard work. Copying under the guise of "I can't afford the original" is pretty lame in my book. Monkeys copy, humans create.

Agree, I didn't have the money to buy a set of EVO sliders, nor do I truly need them. Even though I can't afford them but have the tools and know how to make my own, I'm not searching high and low for dimensions on a product that is built and sold by a sponsor of the forum I'm searching on, only to copy the product and sell it for my own financial gain. If I don't have the money to buy a product, but really need the product, I either do without for a while and save, or search craigslist for something that will get me by until I have the money. That's how I ended up with the OE Rubicon rails I have on my JKU, they do everything I need for the time being.

NFRs2000NYC
03-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Can someone explain to me how someone can afford to open up an offroad fab shop but they can't afford a set of EVO sliders? Exactly how much are evo sliders? :D On a side note, I think the EVO sliders are the sexiest around, I just wish they made a bolt on set for us non-rockbashing financed vehicle crowd. :(

10frank9
03-09-2014, 12:23 AM
What a shame. There must be something in the air lately. All of these asshats going off the deep end. Holeshot made a nice front bumper but after a second thought I actually think he copied PSC. Actually he admits he copied PSC brawler but made it a mid width.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=1860

Looks like he made it his life's work to copy products that have had tons of money invested in R&D. What a douche. Here he "designed" some rocker skins.... Look familiar? He even admits to being "inspired" by EVO.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=5787

Read into his posts a bit he sure like to use the "can't afford" line quite a bit to justify ripping off people's designs. Grade A Asshat!!

Brankz
03-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Now we can proof that real Dbags do exist

Hack12
03-09-2014, 12:28 AM
What a shame. There must be something in the air lately. All of these asshats going off the deep end. Holeshot made a nice front bumper but after a second thought I actually think he copied PSC. Actually he admits he copied PSC brawler but made it a mid width.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=1860

Looks like he made it his life's work to copy products that have had tons of money invested in R&D. What a douche. Here he "designed" some rocker skins.... Look familiar? He even admits to being "inspired" by EVO.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=5787

Read into his posts a bit he sure like to use the "can't afford" line quite a bit to justify ripping off people's designs. Grade A Asshat!!

Wow, just wow. Can't say I'm surprised though after reading through his comments.

10frank9
03-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Wow, just wow. Can't say I'm surprised though after reading through his comments.

Super original..... NOT.

Hack12
03-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Super original..... NOT.

I'm sure he thinks he is the Mozart of fabrication because he moved the D-Ring mounts down 3 inches. :asshat:

ChaosNein
03-09-2014, 01:10 AM
so all i can really say is WOW! I will be sure and share this thread with a couple of my friends in fullerton...

the world is a crazy crazy place...

MTG
03-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Can someone change his name to assholeshot?

OverlanderJK
03-09-2014, 01:24 AM
so all i can really say is WOW! I will be sure and share this thread with a couple of my friends in fullerton...

Are you going to copy the AOD sliders?

Tigrcky
03-09-2014, 01:25 AM

i second this motion :thumb:

JayKay
03-09-2014, 01:38 AM
I just wish I could delete my post at the beginning of the thread about congratulating him on building his own sliders. :asshat:

Brankz
03-09-2014, 02:00 AM
I just wish I could delete my post at the beginning of the thread about congratulating him on building his own sliders. :asshat:

Edit that shi*

JKbrick
03-09-2014, 02:03 AM

That's a good one!

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
03-09-2014, 02:11 AM

Did you get the scrapes air brushed?? Who did the work for you?

Robar
03-09-2014, 02:12 AM
I can't change his name, but I hope he likes his new avatar.

Tigrcky
03-09-2014, 02:14 AM

:cheesy: i approve of the magical powers at use!

10frank9
03-09-2014, 02:33 AM

That's awesome. :thumb:

Atch
03-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Are you going to copy the AOD sliders?

Why wouldn't they??!! It's a compliment after all to have someone running a knockoff of your products!

Off Road Evolution
03-09-2014, 03:47 AM
I appreciate the Heads up on this thread.
While I am at a loss for words on how to respond to this publicly, I feel This matter will be best if I hand it over for Litigation privately .

Thank you for all the Great support ,while Reading these pages of rip off EVO tech it was rewarding to see Our EVO fans support .
Thank you All
Mel Wade

Brankz
03-09-2014, 03:51 AM
While I am at a loss for words on how to respond to this publicly, I feel This matter will be best if I hand it over for Litigation privately .

Thank you for all the Great support ,while Reading these pages of rip off EVO tech it was rewarding to see Our EVO fans support .
Thank you All
Mel Wade

Don't worried we have your back!
( no homo) lol

kimer82
03-09-2014, 03:58 AM
Some shops or should i say businesses are so stupid for them to post a 100% copy of original manufacturers design on this forum.... yes we all know most sliders will have some sort of similar fitments tubes and so on... but damn pulling off the exact copy/looks with name swap is just something.. especially to post the copy on where EVO them self is very active on here also.. I understand if you're starting to learn to FAB your own.. yes you can get some ideas of products that are "known" and get inspired to make something creative.... and i am totally cool with that but..

Shame on Copycat and SHAME ON who thinks it is ok to copy 100% of the item and call it their own.

we need to start a thread and post up shops that SELLS 100% copy of any known manufactures and call it theirs. This isn't just for EVO but with other companies too..

Armydog
03-09-2014, 04:09 AM

Thank you All
Mel Wade

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

While this may be true, theft is still theft! Ripping off someone else's intellectual property is theft. SHAME on the scum bags who try and even more on any consumer who supports such shit it the name of saving a buck or two....

Remember this, you get what you pay for! Period.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Rusty
03-09-2014, 05:31 AM

Thank you All
Mel Wade

No! Thank you for "evolutionizing" the off road industry with awesome product, and being who you are!

Proud to support you! I will let you all know if I ever start seeing AOD products around the Montreal area.

Cschueren
03-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Just finished reading this, started off a little interested in seeing what he was shooting for and it was like a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching.

It was a prime example of not knowing when to stop so that is the end of him on the forum.

Personally, I just ordered my front bumper and rear tire carrier as I don't have time to even think about building something and EVO has a great product that I felt no problem paying for and giving my support.

Just a new guy's thoughts.

pvanweelden
03-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Mel Wade-
Thank you for all you have done for this sport, hobby, lifestyle we enjoy as Jeepers and off road enthusiasts.
I want to tell you I am sorry I made a copy of your rear fascia panel and posted pictures of my homemade panel on this forum. My intent was to give others ideas on what they could do with their evo fascia panel.
I like to build my own parts, but I am not trying to sell what I build.
Thank your your time,
Paul

Armydog
03-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Any chance ORE will produce more items for the TJ line of wranglers, it seems most go the love goes to the JK guys? We old school Jeepers need love too

Armydog
03-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Eddie, great research! Call them out when you find them out. I didn't really care if this dude was making a single use, personal use rock slider that looked a lot like the EVO - looks are deceiving, and you get what you pay for, BUT to find out the ultimate goal was to produce for sale a cheap copy of a superior product made by an honest company??? F that shit! Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong! Good bye and good riddance. Good call Eddie.

JAGS
03-09-2014, 07:19 AM
What this thread brings to mind is this. A lot of us get accused for coming down on folks in this forum. I'm guilty of jumping on holeshot early in the thread. Several others were with me and his reaction only fueled the fire.

We came down on this guy strong and fast. But instincts proved right. We've become good at spotting these asshats and helping police and rid our own forum of trash.

Way to go fellow Wayalifers. And to Eddie, Drew and Mel, know we're all keeping a look out for ya. 👍

- Jason

Tigrcky
03-09-2014, 08:21 AM
What this thread brings to mind is this. A lot of us get accused for coming down on folks in this forum. I'm guilty of jumping on holeshot early in the thread. Several others were with me and his reaction only fueled the fire.

We came down on this guy strong and fast. But instincts proved right. We've become good at spotting these asshats and helping police and rid our own forum of trash.

Way to go fellow Wayalifers. And to Eddie, Drew and Mel, know we're all keeping a look out for ya. 

- Jason

you always come down hard on me :thinking: naw just kidding man you guys do a great job :thumb:

2trackin
03-09-2014, 11:36 AM
I apparently didn't read the entire thread. My bad on that one. I did not see that the guy was looking for information to copy Evo for his own financial gain.
In that respect I obviously do not condone his actions.
If he had been some young guy maybe starting out in a metal fab career or hobbyist, and was simply looking for some ideas for sliders built for his own rig alone. I'm not cool with someone directly copying a design. True inspiration is one thing. A rip off is a rip off period.
So again, I want to make it clear that after now realizing his intent. I absolutely do not condone those actions and I hope that he is shut down.

JAGS
03-09-2014, 03:13 PM
you always come down hard on me :thinking: naw just kidding man you guys do a great job :thumb:

Trying to save ur ass and get you simmer down half the time. Lol. I think you may be coming around. 😉

- Jason

CZEBJKU
03-09-2014, 03:19 PM
What an IDIOT!!!!! I'm wondering if it would be worth it or not to ask him on his FB page about the similarity of his products to other products already on the market. I would also like to ask him where he gets his creative design ideas. Would it be against the forum rules to attach a link to this thread to the FB post to let the rest of the Jeep world what this guy is up to. Whats to keep him from joining another forum and asking for the same info about EVO or any other brand for that fact?

I think this guy is a total DBAG and needs to be stopped but if you guys DO NOT think this is a good idea and it should be dropped and left alone then I totally understand. I am new to the forum and only want to help if needed but do not want to make waves either!

deagonkennels
03-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Wow...I am not sure how I missed this thread blow up. I figured when he first posted he was going to copy the EVO slider, things were going to get bad for him...lol

NFRs2000NYC
03-09-2014, 07:35 PM
I apparently didn't read the entire thread. My bad on that one. I did not see that the guy was looking for information to copy Evo for his own financial gain.
In that respect I obviously do not condone his actions.
If he had been some young guy maybe starting out in a metal fab career or hobbyist, and was simply looking for some ideas for sliders built for his own rig alone. I'm not cool with someone directly copying a design. True inspiration is one thing. A rip off is a rip off period.
So again, I want to make it clear that after now realizing his intent. I absolutely do not condone those actions and I hope that he is shut down.

Agreed. I'm glad I finished reading it. At first I thought he was just someone who couldn't afford the sliders but could fab up a set for himself, so whatever, I had no idea he was going to mass produce them and profit from it. That is definitely a douche move.

sean.m.adams33
03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm glad this guy was found out. I think the saying "imitation is a form of flattery" doesn't apply in this situation. I for one do not have evo sliders but considering changing over to them constantly. If you can't afford them, save up.

Hack12
03-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Even if his only intention was to use them personally, which it clearly was not, the mere act of asking for exact measurements leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Bad form.

However, all that is moot because, as we are all aware, on the scumbag scale of life, this guy was an 11.

TrailBear
03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
I didn't even look at this thread till last night when I saw the asshat avatar, what a scum bag move . At first he acts like they are way over priced and out of reach for someone on a budget, I think EVO has them priced to where anyone can afford them. The only reason I didn't put them on my rig was simply I wanted to do the install my self, which I could do with the lod's.
Building your own if you have the skills and tools is all about making something your own, by you, your way. But to make an exact copy..... And to try hiding the fact you own a fab shop is a whole new level of dickness.
So out of curiosity I went over to the other forum and did a search of his posts there to see if he tried this move there. Well I did find him looking for the same info on the sliders, and he has a thread looking for the dimensions of the evo corners, as well as the evo rock skins. What a tool, asshat, and a total douch bag.

NFRs2000NYC
03-10-2014, 03:28 AM
Since the EVO boys are in this thread....is there any way you guys would consider making your sliders in bolt on flavor? Im sure a lot of peeps would love to run your sliders that don't live near rock heaven like you guys have out west. Pretty please!!!

JKWrang
03-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Well then.

You dont steal.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

hinrichs
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Glad to see him go and be banned for this, at first I thought he was just going to make them for himself, never knew about the fab shop part. Sad he had to ask for exact measurements on everything as well, why not just look at pics to where they mount, and figure it out yourself.

Armydog
03-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Glad to see him go and be banned for this, at first I thought he was just going to make them for himself, never knew about the fab shop part. Sad he had to ask for exact measurements on everything as well, why not just look at pics to where they mount, and figure it out yourself.

Agreed. Figure out yourself=creativity. Copy exact dimensions=scumbag. Even the Chinese counterfeit companies would have bought a few genuine items from EVO so they could copy them.....

wayoflife
03-25-2014, 11:32 PM
:cheesy: Just had a member let me know that this clown is still making these rip off rocker guards. Here are some of the pics he sent. Oh baby, check out them quality welds....

Throw some bondo on there, bedline it and nobody will even know how crappy these really are :thumb:

hdawgn40
03-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Oh haha what crapmanship ........ I just dropped off a load of his work in the bathroom just now. .... cheesy

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay
03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Hey now...I plan on attaching my C gussets with bubble gum when I get them.

hdawgn40
03-25-2014, 11:48 PM

Or ask Mel to send you over a step by step video on how to make his own product them put your name on it. .:what:

Hack12
03-25-2014, 11:49 PM
:cheesy: Just had a member let me know that this clown is still making these rip off rocker guards. Here are some of the pics he sent. Oh baby, check out them quality welds....

Throw some bondo on there, bedline it and nobody will even know how crappy these really are :thumb:

Wow. Turns out welding takes a bit more skill than plagiarism.

Who knew?

Canvas JK
03-25-2014, 11:52 PM

Who knew?

Yeah who knew.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JayKay
03-25-2014, 11:59 PM
Or ask Mel to send you over a step by step video on how to make his own product them put your name on it. .:what:

I would, but first I'd go behind his back and ask members of the forum to get specs off of their EVO product for me. Even though I know ORE is a member here.

Armydog
03-26-2014, 12:00 AM

Who knew?

HIGH- Larious!!!!!!!!!!

bigtrucker52
03-26-2014, 12:07 AM

That's pretty bad welding. That ain't crap compared to the real deal though

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigtrucker52
03-26-2014, 12:07 AM
That's pretty bad welding. That ain't crap compared to the real deal though

Well it is a piece of crap buy you know what i mean though

JayKay
03-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Maybe Elusive will chime in on his expert welding advice? :idontknow:

Leocon
03-26-2014, 12:13 AM
WOW just read this WOW >:(

cozdude
03-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Those welds are ten times better than my EVO sliders! :crazy eyes:

Sent from my iPhone

JKUx
03-26-2014, 01:13 AM

VELCRO works better when you wanna repaint them...😆LMAO

36Fan
03-26-2014, 01:20 AM
I hope he doesn't get into the steering component market,those welds are terrible.

piginajeep
03-26-2014, 03:41 AM

That's a RiverRaider trick!

wayoflife
03-26-2014, 03:45 AM
That's a RiverRaider trick!

:cheesy: Clearly, you've been around long enough to remember :D

JAGS
03-26-2014, 03:54 AM

Wow. That looks like what my welds would be. And I admittedly don't know about welding and could do that same quality or better. This guy is a straight up Jack.

- Jason

piginajeep
03-26-2014, 04:01 AM
:cheesy: Clearly, you've been around long enough to remember :D

Not only remember but was told by the man himself about the use of bondo and gatorhide..

wayoflife
03-26-2014, 04:03 AM
Not only remember but was told by the man himself about the use of bondo and gatorhide..

You mean "gay-to-hide" :cheesy:

Seriously, I think what was worse is when the fanboys try to come on and defend the use of bondo to hide the crappy River Raider welds. Simply unbelievable. :crazyeyes:

Brendon
03-26-2014, 04:24 AM

Those welds look like pigeon shit

David1tontj
03-26-2014, 04:49 AM
You have got to be kidding me!! This is just sad!! How hard is it to hold a tube up to the side of your jeep and simply decide what looks best???!! If it looks too long- CUT IT SHORTER!!! It's not that hard!!! And if he is going to be selling them, why can't he even invest in a 150 dollar pipe bender from harbor freight?? I have built all kinds of stuff with one of those crappy benders!

My apologies to Off Road Evolution for having to deal with this tool who doesn't have any tools (despite his giant toolbox)

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Brankz
03-26-2014, 05:16 AM

My fake quick still welding looks better than that lmao!!!!

SDG
03-26-2014, 05:43 AM
I guess he should have bought something better than the harbor freight welder... needs something that goes to 11.

jeeeep
03-26-2014, 06:25 AM
wow, I haven't touched a welder in over 30 years but have been practicing (tired of running to the muffler shop or waiting for portable welding guys to show up on time) and I have to say my welds look crap but not that crap...it thought he claimed he or his business partner was a welder for many years??
wonder if I could just solder up some rock rails and advertise them as engineered to flow with a hit so they'll never get damaged! :cheesy: