Brake Advice

jkjurny

I have 35" Nittos TGs. Not planning on upgrading anytime soon. May go to 37s in 2 years, but not sure about that.

Should I invest in any new brake components? Are just new rotors and pads from EBC or another vendor good enough? Should I just stick with stock? I figure investing in either Wilwood or Baer brake systems is probably overkill for 35s, but would like to hear from you guys. If I did invest in a brake system, would I be able to reuse it if I upgrade to Dana44/60 if I do go to 37s?

Just thinking where I may spend my tax return :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have 35" Nittos TGs. Not planning on upgrading anytime soon. May go to 37s in 2 years, but not sure about that.

Should I invest in any new brake components? Are just new rotors and pads from EBC or another vendor good enough? Should I just stick with stock? I figure investing in either Wilwood or Baer brake systems is probably overkill for 35s, but would like to hear from you guys...

...Just thinking where I may spend my tax return :)

Honestly, I've run and still run really heavy 37's on ATX Slabs and with factory brake pads for over 7 years. OE pads are the best in my opinion and they work fine. Sure, they wear faster than aftermarket pads but, that's because they're actually helping you to stop. With 35's, upgrading to anything more is overkill in my opinion.

If I did invest in a brake system, would I be able to reuse it if I upgrade to Dana44/60 if I do go to 37s?

You can reuse a brake system on a 44 setup but not a 60 up front. You would need new calipers for it.

jkjurny

Honestly, I've run and still run really heavy 37's on ATX Slabs and with factory brake pads for over 7 years. OE pads are the best in my opinion and they work fine. Sure, they wear faster than aftermarket pads but, that's because they're actually helping you to stop. With 35's, upgrading to anything more is overkill in my opinion.

You can reuse a brake system on a 44 setup but not a 60 up front. You would need new calipers for it.

Cool! Thanks for the advice. I was wondering what you were running. What did you do on Moby ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool! Thanks for the advice. I was wondering what you were running. What did you do on Moby ?

Moby is running a ProRock 60 up front and now a ProRock 80 in the rear. We are using the big brakes that come with them but, still running a factory master cylinder and booster.

Top Bottom