Cb mounting locations

Mustafa

Just got a Cb for the jk and I am curious where everybody else is mounting them. I have a Cobra Ltd 29 Classic. It measures roughly 8 x 10 inches. I am leaning on waiting until I get a Cage for the Frt. and mounting it above and out of the way.. On that note could you post pics of where you have mounted yours with or with out cages. Thanks again

Jersey_Devil

Here's my cobra 29 Lx. I mounted it directly to the plastic above the mirror, been there for a year now and still tight as a virgin. No need to spend $300 for overhead console

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391367807431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391367807431.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 253
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391367819471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391367819471.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391367831042.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391367831042.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 249

cctroupe

Anyone running the nifty little Cobra C75? I don't want a full box CB in my Jeep, so an all in one hand mic sized CB kinda caught my eye. Just wondering if they're worth a crap or not.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone running the nifty little Cobra C75? I don't want a full box CB in my Jeep, so an all in one hand mic sized CB kinda caught my eye. Just wondering if they're worth a crap or not.

there is a good amount of us running it. some with good experiences and others with bad ones. i personally run it and like it.

Personally trying to find somewhere to mount my 29lx as well. I figured id Velcro it to the dash until I can afford a sport cage.

swag247

Guess it's a matter of how you use your radio. The Cobra75 is a great little radio that does a good job getting out of the way. Downside is that it is very underpowered radio, but if your purpose is to chat with the group of Jeeps your rolling with then distance is not an issue. But for real distance (and tweakabilty) definatly go with another (full box) Cobra radio.

I run the Cobra75 w/4' FireStick fyi.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Landman

Strike force zebra sells a mount shipped for 25 bucks that hooks to the footman loop on the top of your windshield header.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1391552305752.jpg
    1391552305752.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 178

QRS

Strike force zebra sells a mount shipped for 25 bucks that hooks to the footman loop on the top of your windshield header.

Just be aware that for "old JKs" as they call them you will need to drill the riveted footman loop and install the inserts SFZ includes with the bracket.
One of the best examples I found on how it looks with a Cobra 29 is this from Overlander here:

Here is a little bit better shot.

View attachment 41225

http://www.strikeforcezebra.com/CovertCBMountInstructions.pdf

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Here's what I did, added a 1" ridged conduit extended to each side with a small plate to plastic header then painted bed liner.:dont_know:

20140117_162636.jpg 20140117_162655.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Will it work with a hardtop? Just curious

Seanb33 Personally trying to find somewhere to mount my 29lx as well. I figured id Velcro it to the dash until I can afford a sport cage.

See if you find an Adel clamp and use it to mount you CB bracket to the center loop in the windshield. I used a cb mount for a TJ until I out my sport cage in then used a KC Light mount. Here is the TJ mount I used http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior...aspx?t_c=9&t_s=500&t_pt=9611&t_pn=VCC710XX932. If you use this I would recommend putting some rubber or felt between the metal so it does not rattle. Min did and drove me nuts.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Last edited:
Top Bottom