Traildash and winch control...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I haven't heard of someone using it for a winch.

From a safety perspective though, here are my two cents. I would never want to control my winch with anything other than a momentary control switch.

In5ane1

I haven't heard of someone using it for a winch.

From a safety perspective though, here are my two cents. I would never want to control my winch with anything other than a momentary control switch.

You are right...just thought I'd ask. Heck I haven't seen a lot of details on the mythical EAS system....

Funny too, I could have sworn I seen guys with 2012 and up Jk's running superchip tunes and/or traildash. I was told by Superchips today that it's still in testing and you can't get them for the newer wranglers. IDK...:thinking::thinking::thinking:

bl17z90

You are right...just thought I'd ask. Heck I haven't seen a lot of details on the mythical EAS system....

Funny too, I could have sworn I seen guys with 2012 and up Jk's running superchip tunes and/or traildash. I was told by Superchips today that it's still in testing and you can't get them for the newer wranglers. IDK...:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Pretty sure it was announced at sema that the 2012 and up could use the trail dash with a new software update

seanb123

See I've always wondered if you could hook an arb locker up to the trail dash but I've never heard of anyone doing it

JKFlyer

I have trauldash and eas wiring too expensive vs just running g wires to a switch. For winch, I bought a momentary dpdt switch and also wired in a separate power rocker switch. Or u can just hook to ignition wire too.

Dpdt switch stays centered so it throws off my "children" where others are just on/off but no big deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

I have trauldash and eas wiring too expensive vs just running g wires to a switch. For winch, I bought a momentary dpdt switch and also wired in a separate power rocker switch. Or u can just hook to ignition wire too.

Dpdt switch stays centered so it throws off my "children" where others are just on/off but no big deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

How do you like your Traildash?

The EAS is sorta expensive, but it looked convenient and clean to at least hook your auxilary lights up to the Traildash and use it to turn them on and off. Guess convenience has it's price...

Thing is, I've seen nowhere online that demonstrates how you would physically attach lights or wiring to EAS system, then to the Traildash..

thadeus618

Anyone have any info yet if these will work with an ARB??

I use the EAS to control my ARB twin compressor and both front and rear lockers. They work just fine. I had to buy 2 EAS units to control the three items because they are good for 2 each.

Top Bottom