Evo Enforcer or Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor

Mdrnizd

My new 2014 Rubicon Unlimited X that I ordered is now in transit so I'm trying to make a decision soon on lifts. I am looking for some opinions on the Evo Enforcer 3" lift with King 2.5 remote reservoirs from Off Road Evolution vs the Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor with RK's RRD 2.0 remote reservoir shocks. I plan on doing more expedition style stuff with some light rock crawling trails here and there, but the main key is I want it to have great on-road handling and ride. My wife will be driving this daily for a little while. My ultimate go will be to eventually do 37's but for now I will run 35's. Which kit would you all prefer and why? I kind of think the Evo lower control arms might ride better with the Johnny Joints over RK's joints. Does anyone know if Evo makes the other 6 control arms? Sorry for all of the questions.

Also, I just installed a 1.5" X-factor lift on a 2012 Rubicon 2dr for a buddy and the ride wasn't quite as good as he or I hoped for. It may be because it's a 2 door and he doesn't have his aftermarket bumpers on yet which makes it a little light overall. It seems to be harsh over sharp bumps.

Thanks for all of the help!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Get the enforcer lift. It is the softest ride I have ever experienced in a jeep. As far as the other 6 arms go I would get currie arms as they use Johnny joints jut like the EVO front lower arms. You don't need all 6 arms but if you want them that's what I would get.

Sent from my iPhone

Angry Aussie

Go evo if you care about ride quality! The plush ride coils are amazing. I'm so happy with my plush rides. Ride quality was most important to me when it came to the lift and evo was the way to go. You won't regret evo.

Mdrnizd

Get the enforcer lift. It is the softest ride I have ever experienced in a jeep. As far as the other 6 arms go I would get currie arms as they use Johnny joints jut like the EVO front lower arms. You don't need all 6 arms but if you want them that's what I would get.

Sent from my iPhone

My only problem with using the factory arms in the rear is I won't be able to recenter the rear axle in the wheel well. I would like to be able to move it back in an 1" like RK. I tried to call EVO today but they are closed for KOH.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My only problem with using the factory arms in the rear is I won't be able to recenter the rear axle in the wheel well. I would like to be able to move it back in an 1" like RK. I tried to call EVO today but they are closed for KOH.

I have the rock krawler arms and hate them honestly. They are two long for the 3" of lift I have. If I was at 6" of lift they actually might have helped. I actually had my rear lower arms cut an re-welded back to stock length. My rear track bar was stuck in my coils. Honestly you only need the rear uppers as they will fix your pinion angle and the front lowers to fix your caster. As I said I would get the currie arms. I know it's what I would do if I could get rid of my rock Krawler arms.

Sent from my iPhone

ChaosNein

sorry i missed your call.... yes we are out at KOH. there is not need to have the other 6 arms with a 3 or 4" soft coil as your rear axle will not be too off center kn the well for it to matter. now that being said, if you want all of the others to be adjustable, I would recommend the Curries. I am personally running the 4" enforcer with only fr lcas and have zero issues.

TheDuff

I don't like the arms that push the axle back, it causes all sorts possible interference. Personally don't even notice my axle being off center of the wheel well with factory arms.
Imo all 8 arms I isn't needed. Mybfactory arms are definitely not limiting my articulation, so until I blow out the joints or bend/break an arm I'll just run what I have

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime

I don't like the arms that push the axle back, it causes all sorts possible interference. Personally don't even notice my axle being off center of the wheel well with factory arms.
Imo all 8 arms I isn't needed. Mybfactory arms are definitely not limiting my articulation, so until I blow out the joints or bend/break an arm I'll just run what I have

huh??:idontknow: Arms are to move the axle back to center.

Since the frame mounts for the arms don't move, raising the rear 4" will make the axle sit approx. 0.4" further forward from the stock location. The RK arms are longer to account for this and then some, (seems like 0.5" would be more appropriate.) While this will keep you from having to trim a bunch of pinch seam, it can cause more spring bow. To offset this RK suggests the use of a wedge spacer under the spring. You may also be forced to use their track bar as moving the axle too far back can cause issue here. (No experience with the latter, but it's what the interwebs say.)

This is something I am likely going to have to deal with too, (I have a MC lift but they do the same thing with their arms.) If I hadn't already damaged one of my stock lower arms I would just go with the EVO Enforcer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since the frame mounts for the arms don't move, raising the rear 4" will make the axle sit approx. 0.4" further forward from the stock location. The RK arms are longer to account for this and then some, (seems like 0.5" would be more appropriate.) While this will keep you from having to trim a bunch of pinch seam, it can cause more spring bow. To offset this RK suggests the use of a wedge spacer under the spring. You may also be forced to use their track bar as moving the axle too far back can cause issue here. (No experience with the latter, but it's what the interwebs say.)

This is something I am likely going to have to deal with too, (I have a MC lift but they do the same thing with their arms.) If I hadn't already damaged one of my stock lower arms I would just go with the EVO Enforcer.

this is why the RK arms are pointless. they push the axle to far back at their shortest length. even with the correction wedges my trackbar was still sitting in my rear coils. only after shortening my rear lowers arms back to stock length (by cuttig a rewelding them) did my trackbar clear the coils.

MoveRight

sorry i missed your call.... yes we are out at KOH. there is not need to have the other 6 arms with a 3 or 4" soft coil as your rear axle will not be too off center kn the well for it to matter. now that being said, if you want all of the others to be adjustable, I would recommend the Curries. I am personally running the 4" enforcer with only fr lcas and have zero issues.

Even with 37s? I'm thinking about running the Enforcer 3" for 37s (with flat flares). I don't need rear adjustable CAs to push the axle back to help fit the 37s?

TheDuff

You can use stock length arms and if you have a pre 2013 you cut the pinch seam (takes all of 5 mins).... even with the rk arms you have to trim the pinch seam and in some cases even the corner of the tub on the other side of the wheel well since you axle is now pushed an inch back.
I've seen the rk setup in person, rode in, and drove a jk with it. I'm not buying into it, it's as useless as the rear 3 link they sell. But it's your cash, do as u wish.

Top Bottom