How are my sway bar disconnects supposed to be correctly mounted?

cctroupe

Hey guys, from every picture I have seen of peoples sway bar disconnects, the pin is on the bottom so that they can tie the disco up to the actual sway bar. When I got my Jeep, the pins were on the top bushing and the regular nut and bolt on bottom, leaving them hanging if I were to disconnect.

Driver side after correcting:

1623555_10203166483345245_170018002_n.jpg

So, this morning I go to switch around and encounter this problem: on the passenger side, where my stabilizer shock mounts up, there's not enough room for me to pull my disco off the pin.

1620800_10203166483385246_508230201_n.jpg

How is this SUPPOSE to be set up?

When I put my Rock Krawler quick disco's on the instructions stated the pin should be on the bottom so when they are disconnected you can swing them up out of the way and not have them hanging from the axle.

R/
Will

cctroupe

That's exactly what I'm tracking. But on the passenger side, the mount for the stabilizer shock is in the way so I cant pull it off the pin. maybe I need to rig a way to just pill the pin out instead of it staying bolted on...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i know with my JKS quick discos i have a pin top and bottom so i just pull the whole link out. in your situation on the passenger side the pin should be on the bottom. maybe you have the wrong pin? i know mine is really short and only long enough to get the link over the pin but still leaves just enough room to slide it out.

cctroupe

These pins are pretty long. Long enough to make pulling the link off the pin a serious forearm workout. Any suggestions on some better discos? TF, JKS? Not trying to spend an ungodly amount of money, though.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
These pins are pretty long. Long enough to make pulling the link off the pin a serious forearm workout. Any suggestions on some better discos? TF, JKS? Not trying to spend an ungodly amount of money, though.

JKS makes some solid products. i personally run their sway bars as mentioned and i like them. they are easy to deal with. only downside is the grease. it can get messy taking them on and off. other than that they are great cause they are adjustable for 2.5" of lift to 6"

I have the RK and like them. I think they were $100. EVO's HD disco's are $94.99.

R/
Will

Top Bottom