Teraflex adjustable rear track bar hitting exhaust

wwood

I have a 2013 JKUR with a Teraflex 3" lift kit. In the process of installing EVO 3" plush ride springs (replacing the TF springs) I discovered that the TF rear Monster trackbar is hitting the exhaust pipe on the driver's side right at the muffler connection just before full stuff. Flipped the trackbar end for end to see if that would help but no, it hits both ways about 2" before the extended bump stops make contact. I also have the TF rear trackbar bracket which comes with their 3" lift kit. The TF bracket raises the trackbar mount at the axle and moves it out from the axle (about 2" farther than the factory bracket) toward the rear of the Jeep which is why the trackbar now hits the exhaust. Anybody see this problem and come up with a solution?

Last edited:

wwood

Update: Researching this issue further, I came across Metalcloak's solution to this problem. Take a look at this link....

http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Rear-Track-Bar-Solid-Chromoly-p/7010.htm

Scroll down a little and you will see a video (it runs continuously) and some still pics showing a JK rear axle going up to full stuff and demonstrating how the MC trackbar clears the diff and the exhaust. This video and pics show exactly what is happening in my Jeep except that the TF trackbar is smacking the exhaust about 2" before the bump stops make contact which means there is almost 4 more inches of up travel (the factory yellow bump stop itself is about 2" long and will compress to zero in a hard bump) before metal to metal contact. So if the rear suspension actually bottomed out on a hard bump or rock crawl, the exhaust would be crushed or the trackbar or trackbar bracket would be seriously damaged or all of the above.

Any other ideas on how to resolve this issue welcome. Thanks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you could get a new exhaust system that doesnt sit where the facorty one sits. run the dynomax like Moby, rubicat, and the others run.

mrmet1983

you could get a new exhaust system that doesnt sit where the facorty one sits. run the dynomax like Moby, rubicat, and the others run.

I have that same exhaust and it makes life much easier with all the extra room and not having to worry about destroying ur muffler on the rocks is nice too

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have that same exhaust and it makes life much easier with all the extra room and not having to worry about destroying ur muffler on the rocks is nice too

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

i wish i could but stupid PA regulations say that it has to exit the rear of the vehicle. i will eventually run the rock crawler exhaust that Hinrich runs.

mrmet1983

i wish i could but stupid PA regulations say that it has to exit the rear of the vehicle. i will eventually run the rock crawler exhaust that Hinrich runs.

Damn that sucks I hate stupid laws like that which have no logical reasoning behind them

Top Bottom