Lifetime Power train Warranty

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Great!!! Took my 09 Jeep in for its 5year inspection, that you have to do to keep the Warranty going.
45 min latter the service manger comes back an tells me everything was fine but they have service the rear diff , before it would pass inspection.
So after being quoted $80.00 for a drain an fill, or $119.00 to pull the cover an inspect it. I had them pull the cover.
Another 30 min later the service manger comes back an tells me he needed to show me something. So off to service bay we go, where he shows me that right side spider gear was broken.
So he tells me for $80.00 for the regular service to pass inspection, that the power train warranty will pay the rest.
Strange I never heard a thing out the rear end. Or felt anything break.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Good time to upgrade to new gears??

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Not in my budget to up grade both front & rear gears & put lockers in right now. So I'll let warranty fix what I have.
Then I can save up to do both gears & lockers at same time.

Last edited:

DaK

Been dredin taking mine in. They wont like wahats been done. Onky thing stock with the axles is the housing. Tranny motor and t case are still stock though.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Been dredin taking mine in. They wont like wahats been done. Onky thing stock with the axles is the housing. Tranny motor and t case are still stock though.

Your Motor , tranny , & t-case should still be covered .

txjeeplover

Well your tranny, motor, and t-case are still covered by the lifetime powertrain warranty and you don't want to be responsible for replacing them in the event that they suddenly fail.

CerOf

Been dreading mine too. Dealership was great to deal with. Dropped it off, they called, ready to pick up. Said it looked a-ok!

Not sure why I was dreading it, I've kept up all regular maintenance and no issues currently. Was probably one of the easiest dealership visits ever.

So, in the last three months I've hit 109,000 miles, coolant flush and fill, replaced my plugs and wires myself, passed 5-yr inspection.

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

sbakewell

I know this is an old post but as one of the few who have this warranty I can say it pays to call FCA and check your lifetime standing. On my 2008 I took it in for the inspection and they dealer was basically clueless as to what the inspection was about. After explaining and teaching they did the inspection but didn't properly document the visit. The reason I had to call FCA was that I got a notice in the mail that my warranty expired. After a TON of phone calls and a re-inspection they reinstated the warranty. Give them a call. Good piece of mind. I hope I don't have to use the warranty because it's probably going to be a hassle but I hear it depends on the dealer.

WJCO

Meme King
I know this is an old post but as one of the few who have this warranty I can say it pays to call FCA and check your lifetime standing. On my 2008 I took it in for the inspection and they dealer was basically clueless as to what the inspection was about. After explaining and teaching they did the inspection but didn't properly document the visit. The reason I had to call FCA was that I got a notice in the mail that my warranty expired. After a TON of phone calls and a re-inspection they reinstated the warranty. Give them a call. Good piece of mind. I hope I don't have to use the warranty because it's probably going to be a hassle but I hear it depends on the dealer.

Just make sure you understand exactly what parts are covered on this warranty so there are no surprises.

WJCO

Meme King
Depends on the dealer. You should look into the Magnusun Moss warranty act though as well to familiarize yourself with it. It basically states that the dealer really needs to prove a mod contributed or caused the failure before they can't deny the claim. The biggest thing that helps with modified vehicles is to establish a relationship with the dealer. It wouldn't hurt to talk to the service manager ahead of time and explain your situation. But truthfully, it's tricky when you have a ton of power train mods and then have a power train related failure. Also, read your extended warranty contract so you know what to expect.

Top Bottom