Snow question?

Armydog

So, my jeep ( pumpkin ) is in parts and I had to drive into work anyway, so I might have gone through a few snow banks and a field or two with my daily driver - 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. Anyone else every have snow build up inside the rims so much that it feels like a death wobble at 50+ mph? Literally felt like the truck was gonna shake apart! Gonna poke all the snow out after a few hours in the heated garage... I have the Dodge 20" alloy wheels and 2" spacers.... Any input?

Armydog

Knocked most of it out tonight, heat helped. They were seriously snow packed. Rock hard. Is it the design of the wheel or Is the fairly universal?

David1tontj

Mine get it every time as well.. Most of the time when I am airing back up, I'll knock it out. Probably a lot harder because it's colder where you live. Generally for me I can knock it all out in about a minute..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Armydog

Mine get it every time as well.. Most of the time when I am airing back up, I'll knock it out. Probably a lot harder because it's colder where you live. Generally for me I can knock it all out in about a minute..

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

What type of wheels do you run?

Armydog

So I guess wheel,size, spacers and so on have little to do with.... Just packed snow plain and simple... Poke it out and drive on- best advise I've heard all day!!!!! Tango Yankee.

JKWrang

So I guess wheel,size, spacers and so on have little to do with.... Just packed snow plain and simple... Poke it out and drive on- best advise I've heard all day!!!!! Tango Yankee.

Yankee whiskey

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Armydog

The Shepard is my last partner, he is getting ready to retire and settle in at FT living room... He deserves it, almost 11 years old! The Belgium mal is one of the unit dogs, her handler was on leave at the time.... Both great dogs. You boy looks awesome ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391786301.825833.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391786301.825833.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391786437.073123.jpg

David1tontj

Hey armydog I snapped a couple pics for you of today's outing to the summit. Just a little snow packed In Places ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391924229.664824.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391924246.187916.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391924261.411165.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391924276.595175.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391924291.755431.jpg

David1tontj

Is this in Corvalis this week? Heard you guys got hammered. I miss that town.

That pic was on 2nd street in corvallis. And the other ones I posted up were this afternoon on Mary's peak. It's been the most snow we've had in a long time I hear. This is in my backyard in philomath ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391931141.020410.jpg

Top Bottom