Most "Plush" 2.5 lift for Highway Driving?

kiawahgolf

I am very hesitant when looking at lift kits for my 2013 Wrangler as I ended up having death wobble and vibration issues with my 2008 a few years back before trading. Having said that, I love the stance of a slightly lifted Jeep and really want to get a "kit" for mine. I work in sales so I drive my jeep many miles a week.

If I am going to go through with a lift I wanna do it completely right the FIRST time and make sure I have everything I will ever need. I don't plan on doing any trails or crawling, it is purely cosmetic for me. Is there a particular lift kit and shocks you would recommend that will give me AT LEAST the stock ride quality if not better? Also, it appears most death wobble occurs through either the track bar and/or ball joints. Do you recommend replacing these while having the kit installed?

I know everyone has a different opinion on ride quality and there are many companies out there with lift kits but as I stated above, regardless of company Ijust want to make sure I have everything I need the first time and try to at least maintain my ride quality but hopefully increase the "plushness" if possible.

I appreciate your help!

jeeeep

Hooked
I am very hesitant when looking at lift kits for my 2013 Wrangler as I ended up having death wobble and vibration issues with my 2008 a few years back before trading. Having said that, I love the stance of a slightly lifted Jeep and really want to get a "kit" for mine. I work in sales so I drive my jeep many miles a week.

If I am going to go through with a lift I wanna do it completely right the FIRST time and make sure I have everything I will ever need. I don't plan on doing any trails or crawling, it is purely cosmetic for me. Is there a particular lift kit and shocks you would recommend that will give me AT LEAST the stock ride quality if not better? Also, it appears most death wobble occurs through either the track bar and/or ball joints. Do you recommend replacing these while having the kit installed?

I know everyone has a different opinion on ride quality and there are many companies out there with lift kits but as I stated above, regardless of company Ijust want to make sure I have everything I need the first time and try to at least maintain my ride quality but hopefully increase the "plushness" if possible.

I appreciate your help!

What's your budget? what tire size do you plan to run?

904Jeep

Could do a 2.5" coil spacer lift, that would maintain your factory springs and keep stock ride quality. To address the shocks you could run shock extensions similar to the ones teraflex makes, however i have seen instances where extensions resulted in failure of the shock itself. Instead you could run Rancho RS9000XL shocks, they have a dial that you can turn to adjust how soft or stiff the shock rides. Your track bars would be off marginally (1/4" i believe) , could run a rear track bar bracket that raises at the axle and then run an adjustable front track bar. Then move your rear sway bar links to the front sway bar and add longer rear sway bar links.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Really don't have a budget per se; I am willing to pay for whatever I need to do it right. Because of my job I don't think going over 33's would be smart.

Run the EVO leveling kit. Replaces the front coil and adds a spacer in the rear. IbeHeWhoIsJoshua has this kit. You can pair it with some RANCHO, Bilstein, Fox or King shocks if you'd like.

EVO will get you the Plush ride you seek and the extra height for some 33's for your aesthetic needs.

kiawahgolf

Run the EVO leveling kit. Replaces the front coil and adds a spacer in the rear. IbeHeWhoIsJoshua has this kit. You can pair it with some RANCHO, Bilstein, Fox or King shocks if you'd like.

EVO will get you the Plush ride you seek and the extra height for some 33's for your aesthetic needs.

I may be crazy but due to the ride issues I had before I would almost rather spend $1k or more on this lift versus a budget lift to make sure I have everything covered.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I may be crazy but due to the ride issues I had before I would almost rather spend $1k or more on this lift versus a budget lift to make sure I have everything covered.

Problem you will run into is by choosing 2.5" of lift you are narrowing your choices to AEV, Teraflex or budget boosts. None of these will get you a "plush" ride.

If you step up to the EVO enforcer you can get 3" coils and pair them with shocks of your choice.

Another choice may be Rock Krawler but I can't speak as to the ride RK gives you. In my humble opinion if you want Plush, go EVO.

Edit: also don't attribute your past DW to the lift. It was more likely a lack of suspension maintenance (re torquing) ball joint wear or wheel balancing issues. If no one has ever mentioned this to you, a modified JK is not a low maintenance vehicle.

Last edited:

pvanweelden

Here's the evo leveling kit with fender trim and pinch seam trim and 315/70
1391748104110.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

If you want a Plush 2.5", get the Evo 3". That way you get an extra 1/2" for free... :D

Seriously though, get the 3", it's close to a 2.5" and is better if you plan to run 35's.

jeeeep

Hooked
i have Clayton 3.5" lift and like it but have also ridden in the EVO Enforcer with the plush ride coils and it's a nice ride. I'm considering swapping out my coils for the plush coils but to the point...
based on how you would use it, I would recommend the EVO Enforcer, you can run Bilstein or Rancho shocks and save some money

I put the ProComp 2.5 lift on my JK and well let's just say I felt every little bump in da road. While deployed last year I found a great deal on the EVO Plush rides so I swapped out my springs and WOW. Speed bumps at 25 mph slight jostle. Railroad tracks at 30 barely feel. Going down the interstate is is like riding on a pillow. Offroad is very nice as well.

If you are looking for a stock feel the get a leveling kit. If you want to add clearance get a kit. May I recommend finding a fellow Jeeper in the area that have the different lifts and fake them for a spin. That is the Bly way you will know for sure what you want. If you are in NE Florida looked me up and you can take Canvas for a spin.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

I was after the same thing (good driving daily driver ride) so I went with the Old Man Emu 2.5 HD setup. With my JKU, I netted easily 3" of lift with bumpers, winch, etc. the springs and a set of Bilsteins and it a really nice ride, on and off road. I probably would have gone with the plush rides if I had nw about them prior to getting the OME springs...they seem to have great reviews for all around use, but I'm extremely happy with my setup.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would go with the 3" enforcer lift and pick shocks based on your budget and what you want to do with it. For my the plush rides along with bilstein 5100s feels great for a daily and also wonderful offroad. Love the ride it gave me after switching from teraflex.

On behalf of the post above about the 2.5" Rock Krawler lift, I have the 3.5" rock krawler flex system and not pleased with the ride. It is far too stiff for my liking but I have heard nothing but great things with the EVO plush ride coils.

904Jeep

On behalf of the post above about the 2.5" Rock Krawler lift, I have the 3.5" rock krawler flex system and not pleased with the ride. It is far too stiff for my liking but I have heard nothing but great things with the EVO plush ride coils.
Are you using the newer triple rate coils and what shocks are you running? I've been considering their 3.5" coils and if this is the case then I'll be going with EVO as well.

Are you using the newer triple rate coils and what shocks are you running? I've been considering their 3.5" coils and if this is the case then I'll be going with EVO as well.

I do not have the triple rate, I bought the kit before those came out but honestly, I don't know how much different the triple rate coils would be because I haven't heard much about them. I am running bilstein 5100's

kiawahgolf

I have read over and over that death wobble is not really the fault of a properly installed lift kit but more so the wearing on other components. Having said that, would I not be better off getting a complete "setup" with arms, brackets, track bars, ect. instead of a budget boost in terms of wearing on other components? If I cover all these bases to begin with won't I be better off? It may be a complete waste of money when all I want is the aesthetics of the lift but I don't want to replace drivelines, ball joints, or anything like that down the road. I really don't want to go any higher than 2.5" due to job and warranty.

Thanks again!

JKbrick

This may sound like a bad idea but if all you want are 33"s for road use a 1" Daystar body lift would leave your complete drivetrain untouched and it's cheap as heck I think, I don't have one but it's a thought

DMF

The Mopar 2" lift with Bilstein shocks! I can't compare it to the stock suspension because this was how I bought the Jeep. When I cruise over speed bumps at parking lot speed it is as comfortable as driving over those little lane reflecting markers on the road. You just hear it and that's about it. Don't even come close to spilling my coffee.

Top Bottom