Bolt on coils with stock arms

zaid7

Will I get bind out of my stock arms with bolt on coilcovers should I really just invest in some short/longarms

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using WAYALIFE mobile app

liljohn850

Google it my friend. Stock arms can actually flex pretty well.

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

liljohn850

If I could go back in time I'd do coil-overs first. Before arms. Because you can really rag out some stock control arms. Is it common? Not really. But unless you're going over 3" one doesn't "need" adj control arms. I'm over 4 on bobo springs and have stock arms. Now, I have drop brackets bc my jeep had a mind if it's own, but I'm still on stock arms. I won't stay this way for long, but it's an option. There are very distinct advantages to adj arms and long arms. But you can get some nice ride quality out of coil overs and the off road performance is a huge perk. Now, there are other ways to spend 4 grand and still have a lift with out coilovers. I'd DEF beef up basic axle components before wheeling hard.. Gussets up front, shafts in the rear and such.

Sent from my pocket sized telecommunications and computing device.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea your can run bolt on coilovers with stock arms. I think pignajeep did jkx with this set up. The only non-stock arms were the front lowers and rear uppers so he could fix his caster and pinion angle. Like said above the stock arms are quite good there only downside is that they are not adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom