Warranty question

I bought my '07 used almost 2 yrs ago from a Chevy dealership. It has almost 50k miles on it now, and the window sales sticker when I bought it said "As is, No warranty". So, question is am I screwed on any of the original drivetrain (specifically engine) warranties? I've seen a couple people on here mention having a lifetime drive train warranty and I'm curious if such a thing might also apply to mine eventhough I'm second owner with aftermarket mods.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Aeraun

Well I'd say with that on the sticker, you have nothing covered. Plus, on top of that, with the way dealership treat customers of their service departments I'd say you'd definitely have a hard time getting anything fixed even without that stipulation. I guess its worth a shot to try though

The Force will be with you.... always

Tigrcky

if i recall correctly jeep allows the factory warranty to transferred with the jeep, you might want to go to your nearest stealership and ask them about that you might be able to get that warranty transferred to your name. best of luck :thumb:

JK's JK

Banned
The warranty is 5yr 100k miles from year of manufactured. Your out of warranty Lee with a 2007. I just made it with my 2009.

Engine issues, isn't running right. Guess I take it in Monday. Or.. I could just trade it off for a Burgundy 4DR with screwed up U-Joints.

JK's JK

Banned
Engine issues, isn't running right. Guess I take it in Monday. Or.. I could just trade it off for a Burgundy 4DR with screwed up U-Joints.

Why dont we do this. I hand you over the axles and U-joints and all the other crap that comes with it. I take your new axles!!! :thumb: I think thats a great plan.

Sounds like an LS upgrade to me.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

pastorwug

I bought my '07 used almost 2 yrs ago from a Chevy dealership. It has almost 50k miles on it now, and the window sales sticker when I bought it said "As is, No warranty". So, question is am I screwed on any of the original drivetrain (specifically engine) warranties? I've seen a couple people on here mention having a lifetime drive train warranty and I'm curious if such a thing might also apply to mine eventhough I'm second owner with aftermarket mods.

Ha! "with aftermarket mods"?
You have more mods on that rig than almost anyone I know.

Drive that nice rig into any dealer and they're first going to look it all over (because it's over the top) and second they're going to tell you to have a nice day - no warranties for you - irregardless of your engine being untouched.

Ha! "with aftermarket mods"?
You have more mods on that rig than almost anyone I know.

Drive that nice rig into any dealer and they're first going to look it all over (because it's over the top) and second they're going to tell you to have a nice day - no warranties for you - irregardless of your engine being untouched.

I think you're right. When I called them last week, I told them my ride is modified (not like I can hide the fact,lol) and the guy actually asked me, "So, what do you want US to do with it?" Like it's below him to work on a modified Jeep. I'm taking it in tomorrow so they can run a scan on it, maybe the Mrs will get her wish and we'll bring home a new 4dr instead.

Tigrcky

I think you're right. When I called them last week, I told them my ride is modified (not like I can hide the fact,lol) and the guy actually asked me, "So, what do you want US to do with it?" Like it's below him to work on a modified Jeep. I'm taking it in tomorrow so they can run a scan on it, maybe the Mrs will get her wish and we'll bring home a new 4dr instead.

just rip out that crappy 3.8 put in a 5.3 or 6.2 or 6.8 or even a 7.0 LS and call it good... :doh:

Well, as it turns out, the throttle body spacer I had been running isn't useless afterall. Seems that it was the only thing preventing the " K&N Whistle ". First time I've heard it, and now I'm ready to put the spacer back on,lol.

Conman

Looks like we are going to have to do a garage LS swap on that thing :). You are king of finding the good deals.

I'm afraid I'd have to source (hotwire) a donor engine for that. Think your neighbor a few houses down would mind if I got the one out of his work vehicle?

Top Bottom