E-disco is flashing..need help

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I searched but couldn't really find what I needed. So today I went wheeling down at my local orv park. I have been disco'd all day while in 4hi, 4lo, lockers engaged. All of them. Well it was disco'd and when I went to leave. It seems that it reconnected, but the light is flashing on the dash. I even cut off the engine, open the door, so it was completely off. It still is flashing. Any ideas what has happened? Is it broken?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

I searched but couldn't really find what I needed. So today I went wheeling down at my local orv park. I have been disco'd all day while in 4hi, 4lo, lockers engaged. All of them. Well it was disco'd and when I went to leave. It seems that it reconnected, but the light is flashing on the dash. I even cut off the engine, open the door, so it was completely off. It still is flashing. Any ideas what has happened? Is it broken?

Did you turn it off before switching to 2WD from 4Lo? This happened to me. Only way I reset it was out it back in 4Lo. Click disconnect switch, waited for it to turn off(drove on flat surface), then back to 2WD.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ya I did turn it off before going back to 2wd. Its connected but the light is flashing.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Thats what im thinking is best. Love the feature but I knew it was going go break eventually.

dahreno

Banned
This actually happened to me when out wheeling. It was discoed and when I tried to connect it, it would just keep flashing. I tried over and over and finally it reconnected after I shut off the Jeep and waited awhile, turned it back on. After awhile I tried to disco it again and it wouldn't disconnect. I went home and checked it out and couldn't find any problem. Then for shits and giggles I checked the battery. It was low. I could not believe this was the problem. I replaced the battery because it was low and the sway bar worked perfectly again ! I have never had the problem again. That was about 2 years ago.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
That might be my problem. I did have to use my winch to pull myself up a trail while pulling another jeep out of the trail with me. When my winch was going my lights would dim. Thinking low battery also?

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Check for certain that it is connected. Did you go thru water? The motor can take on water and stop working. This would cause the light to keep flashing. If you did go thru water, I would pull the actuator and check it for water. Then run some silicon around the seam before you put the actuator back on. This is what happened to me anyways.
I would strongly recommend the e-sway bar motor flip while you are messing with it. It puts the motor up out of harms way.

13WhiteRubi

Check for certain that it is connected. Did you go thru water? The motor can take on water and stop working. This would cause the light to keep flashing. If you did go thru water, I would pull the actuator and check it for water. Then run some silicon around the seam before you put the actuator back on. This is what happened to me anyways.
I would strongly recommend the e-sway bar motor flip while you are messing with it. It puts the motor up out of harms way.

Good advice.

Top Bottom